KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wonder Woman vs. Superman

Wonder Woman vs. Superman
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Wonder Woman vs. Superman

DCEU versions, both at their strongest.

Round 1: Pure h2h combat. Diana has no armor, Superman has no flight. Let's take away Superman's cape too for good measure.

Round 2: Both in full costume/armor. Diana gets all her gear, Superman can use all his powers.

Combatants know nothing about each other but are fighting to the death.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 06:04 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Diana probably kills him first.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 01:32 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Diana wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 06:07 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Kal loses

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 06:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Superman wins round 1.

Diana round 2 for now.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 07:03 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

C'mon people, I'd like to hear WHY you think Kal or Diana wins.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 07:07 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Well if Diana's braclet's can are capable of doing the reflective kamehameha thing that she did to repel Ares attack then I'm not sure what Superman can do with that.

Though Superman decisively wins round 1 due to the combat speed/strength advantage IMO.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 07:54 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

1. Superman 10/10.

He's physically vastly superior, and has already fought trained fighters and beat them [Zod and Faora]. She can't even hurt him, when Zod was unable to do any visible damage.

2. Superman 7/10.

She'll be able to get some wins with the sword, assuming she tags him enough times. Most of the time he'll just overwhelm her.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 08:16 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

^ But during the final fight in Wonder Woman, she seemed to display some great degree of super speed. Seemingly teleporting almost.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 08:39 PM
Silent Master

I haven't seen the movie yet and probably wont until tomorrow(busy working) however from everything I've heard on this board and others it seems that some people are letting the fact the DC finally made a good movie color their opinion on how impressive these feats really are.

That said, from reading between the lines of people's posts(both sides) WW is probably going to be around Thor/Hulk level, possibly slightly above, which is fine with me as WW is one of my favorite characters.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 08:47 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
^ But during the final fight in Wonder Woman, she seemed to display some great degree of super speed. Seemingly teleporting almost.
She has super speed, yes. But even in her all-out speedblitz at the end on the soldiers, they were still perceiving her, and it was the inferior version to what Faora was doing.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 08:49 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

^ When the kryptonians move in super speed, you still see them blur. You couldn't even see a blur with Wonder Woman. She's there one moment and gone the next. Almost teleporting. I'm not saying she's faster, just that you can't assume that Faora is faster either.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 08:58 PM
Philosophía

Originally posted by FrothByte
^ When the kryptonians move in super speed, you still see them blur. You couldn't even see a blur with Wonder Woman. She's there one moment and gone the next. Almost teleporting. I'm not saying she's faster, just that you can't assume that Faora is faster either.
We could clearly see Diana [all out at that point] moving against the soldiers, and they were reacting to her. She was using super-speed, but it's not even close to this:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...fzmqcb9qe11.gif

I also notice you're stuck on speed. I take it you're in agreement Superman is far stronger and durable, no? Or do you want to compare there, too?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 09:09 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Wonder Woman seemed pretty close in speed to the Kryptonians (on foot at least), from what I saw. But Kryptonians had better flight speed, whereas Wonder Woman had better pure reflex feats IMO, like the countless bullets she casually deflected at various points in the film. Superman is definitely physically stronger and more durable though.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 09:24 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Considering WW seemed to get an upgrade during the final fight I don't think it's fair yet to assume she's that far behind physically. I'll have to rewatch the Doomsday fight, ugh.

@Vault are you talking about Diana casually deflecting (3 or 4?) handguns shooting at pointblank? That was insane.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Last edited by Adam Grimes on Jun 5th, 2017 at 09:56 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 09:52 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
@Vault are you talking about Diana casually deflecting (3 or 4?) handguns shooting at pointblank? That was insane.

Yeah, the Germans jumping her and Steve Trevor in the alley is a great example, because they were literally right on them, but she also did quite a bit of bullet deflecting on the battlefield and towards the end of the film. Her reflexes/reaction speed is pretty ridiculous.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 10:13 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote:
Originally posted by Philosophia
I also notice you're stuck on speed. I take it you're in agreement Superman is far stronger and durable, no? Or do you want to compare there, too?

That's because I don't deny that Superman is stronger and more durable. But I do think Diana has the advantage in combat speed and fighting skill, which is why I believe this makes a good match.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 10:19 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Round 1: Pure h2h combat. Diana has no armor, Superman has no flight. Let's take away Superman's cape too for good measure.

Round 2: Both in full costume/armor. Diana gets all her gear, Superman can use all his powers.

Kal is no slouch in h2h. He has bullet speed reflexes. He ended up besting 3 krypotnians. Can match doomsdays strength. Fought the WE weakened, and survived a nuke just to name some of his feats.

So his speed, strength and durability are no question.

He will end up taking hits due to the nature of the fight and how cis/pis has always shown but in the end I see a neck snap or pure KO, or straight up submission.

WW will land hits but they are not kryptonian level / doomsday level strength hits that he already took and didn't do anything to him.

The only real way to stop him is with Kryptonite. As its his only weakness shown up to this point.

Her skin is subject to being damaged, his heat vision can cut her. All he would have to do is get his hands on her long enough to snap her neck, or push his heat vision through her head, or just punch a hole through her.

While WW is very bad ass she lacks the durability and strength that Superman has in spades.

I see the fight lasting for less time then the Ares fight as he was trying to get her to join him.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 10:42 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Wondy is a good fighter and strong as shit but Super is stronger, faster and way more durable, he wins both after a great fight

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 07:25 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Silent Master
I haven't seen the movie yet and probably wont until tomorrow(busy working) however from everything I've heard on this board and others it seems that some people are letting the fact the DC finally made a good movie color their opinion on how impressive these feats really are.

That said, from reading between the lines of people's posts(both sides) WW is probably going to be around Thor/Hulk level, possibly slightly above, which is fine with me as WW is one of my favorite characters.
If she's only around Thor or Hulk level Superman would effortlessly win. thumb up

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 07:34 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote