KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wonder Woman vs. Superman

Wonder Woman vs. Superman
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Nope, that's still just one big movement. Basically all he did was charge forward and punch. He didn't string together combinations or make different changes in direction, etc.

And yeah, that's not a bullet, which is why I don't recall him catching a bullet. Not saying it's an invalid feat, but surely you don't expect that to compare to WW blocking MULTIPLE bullets coming from different directions?

Catching a rocket propelled which is traveling at about 250-300fps isn't combat speed to you? And all of his other actual combat feats are not combat speed? Excuse me, but FOH. You never answered my question on who made you the judge of what is combat speed and what is not, and how blocking bullets is combat speed, but actual combat is not.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 01:29 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

She has better combat speed feats than Superman and far better fighting skill, plus the limits of her strength are not known yet. We do know she can jump as far/high as Faora does. So strength should be similar.

So I don't see how you think Superman will wreck her. Regardless of who wins, this will still be a fight.

It would be a short fight, I am sensing a lot of Superman animus here, his strength vs hers is off the charts and he already fought someone who is faster then her.

She doesn't actually have better combat speed feats, you are classifying blocking bullets as combat speed, and actual combat as not. Facts elude you.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 01:35 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Sable
Catching a rocket propelled which is traveling at about 250-300fps isn't combat speed to you? And all of his other actual combat feats are not combat speed? Excuse me, but FOH. You never answered my question on who made you the judge of what is combat speed and what is not, and how blocking bullets is combat speed, but actual combat is not.

You must have reading comprehension problems. I never said Superman doesn't have combat speed, I said he doesn't have combat speed feats that compare to Wonder Woman's.

Catching ONE rocket canister is not the same as blocking MULTIPLE bullets coming at you from multiple directions. And bullets travel much faster than 300 fps.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 01:36 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

It would be a short fight, I am sensing a lot of Superman animus here, his strength vs hers is off the charts and he already fought someone who is faster then her.

She doesn't actually have better combat speed feats, you are classifying blocking bullets as combat speed, and actual combat as not. Facts elude you.

I already proved WW had faster feats than Faora.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 01:37 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

You must have reading comprehension problems. I never said Superman doesn't have combat speed, I said he doesn't have combat speed feats that compare to Wonder Woman's.

Catching ONE rocket canister is not the same as blocking MULTIPLE bullets coming at you from multiple directions. And bullets travel much faster than 300 fps.

I think you have actual comprehension in understanding what combat speed is. Its when people are in actual combat. I think you also have a understanding problem in what an actual fight is.

edit:

And for the record I never said "you said" that Superman didn't have combat speed feats.

Last edited by Sable on Jun 8th, 2017 at 01:43 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 01:39 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just because you think "you" proved it, doesn't make it a fact. And no, Wonder Woman is not faster then Faora. The soldiers were still reacting to her, and Ares had no problem tagging her.

Last edited by Sable on Jun 8th, 2017 at 01:42 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 01:40 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Just because you think "you" proved it, doesn't make it a fact. And no, Wonder Woman is not faster then Faora. She soldiers were still reacting to her, and Ares had no problem tagging her.

In the final fight, soldiers were frozen in time as WW mowed them down. When Faora blitzes, she leaves a blur. When WW blitzed Ares, she completely disappears.

Faora also got hit by none superspeed hits from Superman.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 01:42 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

What are you even talking about? No, you haven't. The complete opposite has been proven in this thread - an all-out Diana has a less impressive speed feat against soldiers than Faora has.

In the final fight, soldiers were frozen in time as WW mowed them down. When Faora blitzes, she leaves a blur. When WW blitzed Ares, she completely disappears.

No, the soldiers weren't frozen, they were visibly moving. The one that Diana grabbed was even struggling against her. Have you even seen the movie?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 01:44 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ares landed plenty of hits on her. Are you really trying to say she's teleporting now or light speed?

Directors take and cinematography is different between Synder and Jenkins.

Flash leaves a blur in Justice League, and she isn't faster then Flash.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 01:45 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Ares landed plenty of hits on her. Are you really trying to say she's teleporting now or light speed?

Directors take and cinematography is different between Synder and Jenkins.

Flash leaves a blur in Justice League, and she isn't faster then Flash.

I don't think you watched the movie completely. At the very end when WW fully realizes her powers, she mows down soldiers who look frozen in time. She speed blitzes Ares. Both Faora and WW don't always move in super speed and have been hit by Superman and Ares at regular speeds. But those instances that they do move at super speed, WW had better feats... at least visually.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 01:51 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think you watched the movie completely. At the very end when WW fully realizes her powers, she mows down soldiers who look frozen in time. She speed blitzes Ares. Both Faora and WW don't always move in super speed and have been hit by Superman and Ares at regular speeds. But those instances that they do move at super speed, WW had better feats... at least visually.

More people are saying you have not watched the movie then saying I have not. And like I said, Flash leaves a blur in Justice League and she isn't faster then him. Bottom line, you liked this movie more then MoS or BvS and thus your animus.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 01:53 PM
Philosophía

To compare:

(please log in to view the image)

You're lying when you say they're frozen in time. Please stop.
- we see the guy she grabs reaching for his neck
- we see bullets moving past her [so she wasn't moving as fast as them]
- we see people falling in the background, and they're not statues

Now compare this to faora:

(please log in to view the image)

It's literally in the blink of an eye.

You really need to rewatch [or just watch] the movie. Let's not pretend we're blind.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 01:54 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think you watched the movie completely. At the very end when WW fully realizes her powers, she mows down soldiers who look frozen in time.

I dont think YOU have watched the movie completely. At the very end when WW fully realizes her powers, she mows down soldiers who are NOT frozen in time.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 02:00 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

@Philosophia - is there something different with the way you set up your profile? I can't seem to quote your posts.

Anyway to answer your post - we see the soldier reach for his neck because Wonder Woman holds on to him for an extended amount of time. The rest of the soldiers she one shots and none of them are reacting.

You're also comparing apples to organges, seeing as WW's scene is moving in slow motion whereas Faora's is regular time. Obviously we can see the bullets moving in WW's scene, because she's moving in slow motion... unless you think the regular soldiers around her normally move that slowly?

Had Faora's scene been done in slow motion there's no telling what we will see in how the soldiers react to her. To get an accurate comparison, you need to compare like scenarios. In which case WW fighting Ares in real time is a better comparison, where she disappears from one location and appears in another, without the kind of blur effect that Faora makes.

And again I point this BIG ELEPHANT OUT: WW can block multiple bullets coming her way from different direction. Superman and Faora have no such feats.

And just so we're clear, I actually think Superman wins this fight (thought with great difficulty) - due to durability and versatility, not through a speed advantage.

Last edited by FrothByte on Jun 8th, 2017 at 03:26 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 03:19 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

^ Only in the first round though, in the second he gets mutilated.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 03:41 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Anyway to answer your post - we see the soldier reach for his neck because Wonder Woman holds on to him for an extended amount of time. The rest of the soldiers she one shots and none of them are reacting.

You're also comparing apples to organges, seeing as WW's scene is moving in slow motion whereas Faora's is regular time. Obviously we can see the bullets moving in WW's scene, because she's moving in slow motion... unless you think the regular soldiers around her normally move that slowly?

Had Faora's scene been done in slow motion there's no telling what we will see in how the soldiers react to her. To get an accurate comparison, you need to compare like scenarios. In which case WW fighting Ares in real time is a better comparison, where she disappears from one location and appears in another, without the kind of blur effect that Faora makes.

And again I point this BIG ELEPHANT OUT: WW can block multiple bullets coming her way from different direction. Superman and Faora have no such feats.

And just so we're clear, I actually think Superman wins this fight (thought with great difficulty) - due to durability and versatility, not through a speed advantage.

The only slow motion in the clip I posted is the initial bullet she blocks - afterwards everything is in the real time. Look at people falling down in real time. Look at the guy grabbing his neck in real time. Jesus Christ, dude, how hard is it to understand a simple video? Both her and Faora's attack of the soldiers was in real time - the difference is that Diana's was much slower, and the soldiers unequivocally reacted to her.

Of course the soldiers can't defend themselves - they don't have superspeed and supers strength - they were blatantly shooting at her, what more could they do?. But your initial position [which you seem to be moving away from, now that's it's obvious you're wrong] was that the soldiers were frozen -- they were not. They were actively shooting at her [you can see the bullets passing her], and they were also moving in the background [you can see them falling as they were hit]. The soldier she had in her grip, while she was in full-on blitz, was grabbing his neck - if all her actions were happening as fast as you're desperately hoping they were, he wouldn't have the time to do anything. She barely moves a few feet and gets to punch just one other soldier in the time it took him to react and move his hands - clearly proving that she was nowhere near what Faora displayed, who took out 4 soldiers before they could even blink.

You're grasping at straws - take a step back, analyze the scene [I can slow it down, or post frames, if you want, but that would get really sad], and realize you're wrong. Faora's feat is much, much faster.

Last edited by Philosophía on Jun 8th, 2017 at 03:48 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 03:42 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

^ You really think WW was moving in real time in that clip? Jeeze dude, professional fighters move faster than that in real time. Heck, I can move faster than that in real time. Are you telling me that WW only moved that fast and yet none of the soldiers could properly block or dodge her attacks? That's just plain dumb. I think it's quite obvious that WW was shown to be moving much faster than the soldiers, thus in slow motion. You only think she's moving in real time because that's how fast she is, that she looks moving in real time when everything else around her looks slow. It's quite obvious when you look at how much ground she covers.

Now if there is any inconsistency on how soldiers fall, that's an inconsistency in cinematography. You're still neglecting to address the fact that Faora leave a blur when she moves in superspeed whereas Diana seemed to appear and disappear a few times against Ares. Address this please.

Besides this is moot, since Faora's feats are not the same as Superman's. Faora has been demonstrated to perform more complex speed feats than Superman has.

Last edited by FrothByte on Jun 8th, 2017 at 04:22 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 04:19 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Philosophia - is there something different with the way you set up you

Does Wonder Woman have a gun in this fight with krptonian bullets?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 04:46 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now if there is any inconsistency on how soldiers fall, that's an inconsistency in cinematography. You're still neglecting to address the fact that Faora leave a blur when she moves in superspeed whereas Diana seemed to appear and disappear a few times against Ares. Address this please.

Flash leaves a blur behind him, does that mean Wonder Woman is faster then Flash? Smallville Clark left a blur behind him, which is why he was called the "red/blue blur" does that mean Wonder Woman is faster then he is? It appears you are trying to determine directors intent, which is not up to you.

edit:

Last edited by Sable on Jun 8th, 2017 at 04:55 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 04:48 PM
Philosophía

You only think she's moving in real time because that's how fast she is, that she looks moving in real time when everything else around her looks slow.
No, nothing around her is slowed down. The soldiers are all shown looking at their normal speed - the ones who fall [look at the gif -- seriously, are we going to play the blind game? there's a guy falling down right behind her at normal speed], the ones that are hit, and first and foremost, the one who she grabbed. Unless you think that the soldier she grabbed by the neck and who reacted to that grabbing by putting his hands in defense in the time she covered just a few feet and punched another soldier, is somehow Wally West in disguise thrown back in time - then no, it's not slowed down.

Now if there is any inconsistency on how soldiers fall, that's an inconsistency in cinematography.
I'm sorry to break this to you, but it's not the cinematography - it's you.

You're wrong, and it's quite painful to move on with this discussion, when it's so blatantly obvious that you have no argument.

You're still neglecting to address the fact that Faora leave a blur when she moves in superspeed whereas Diana seemed to appear and disappear a few times against Ares. Address this please.
Are you now randomly pulling arguments out of your ass? Flash leaves a blur, is he slower than Diana? Diana leaping out of Ares' attacks way, and then leaping to attack him, is not suddenly prove that she is faster than goddamn Flash. Leave it, man. This is pathetic.

Besides this is moot, since Faora's feats are not the same as Superman's. Faora has been demonstrated to perform more complex speed feats than Superman has.
Faora had barely developed her powers, she couldn't even fly, or use heat vision. To argue that she, a barely developed kryptonian under a yellow sun, is faster than Superman, who had spent his whole life absorbing sunlight, is absolute craziness. Especially since she needed Nam-Ek's help to fight Superman, and even then they lost.

What are you even doing here? This is not debating, you're just throwing random shit at the wall.

"B-b-but the cinematography!"
"B-b-but the blur!"
"B-b-but I want Superman"

You should probably move on by now.

Last edited by Philosophía on Jun 8th, 2017 at 05:06 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 05:03 PM