KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wonder Woman vs. Superman

Wonder Woman vs. Superman
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

lol.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 05:59 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheGrat1
Remember, Kal-El can anchor himself in place using flight. He had a huge leverage advantage over Diana.

Except there is zero indication in that specific instance of him using any flight. The fact that he was actually forced to take a step forward before starting to pull back actually suggests he was not using flight. The time he did use his flight against Diana, like the second headbutt, they made a point of showing him use it. And beyond that example, we literally see him hold Diana's arms in place, without showing much strain, shortly after that (when she went for one of her bracer bash energy attacks). To me, the film made it obvious that Clark outclasses her in strength by a significant margin.

And even if we didn't have direct examples, we can look at other more quantifiable screen feats. Because Clark's other onscreen strength feats >>> anything Diana has done to date.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Nov 30th, 2017 at 06:36 AM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 06:33 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Superman 10/10

Superman 8/10

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 06:52 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Except there is zero indication in that specific instance of him using any flight. The fact that he was actually forced to take a step forward before starting to pull back actually suggests he was not using flight. The time he did use his flight against Diana, like the second headbutt, they made a point of showing him use it. And beyond that example, we literally see him hold Diana's arms in place, without showing much strain, shortly after that (when she went for one of her bracer bash energy attacks). To me, the film made it obvious that Clark outclasses her in strength by a significant margin.

And even if we didn't have direct examples, we can look at other more quantifiable screen feats. Because Clark's other onscreen strength feats >>> anything Diana has done to date.

I believe he outclasses her in strength. I also believe it to be unlikely that he can pull her hard enough to crack concrete without moving when he has no means of achieving footing with bare feet on smooth concrete. I also believe he was using flight when Cyborg tried to tackle him and he did not move an inch. Kal-El only weighs 225 pounds, Cy could easily move him if he could not fly.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 06:54 AM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by TheGrat1
I believe he outclasses her in strength. I also believe it to be unlikely that he can pull her hard enough to crack concrete without moving when he has no means of achieving footing with bare feet on smooth concrete. I also believe he was using flight when Cyborg tried to tackle him and he did not move an inch. Kal-El only weighs 225 pounds, Cy could easily move him if he could not fly.

Just because he doesn't move, doesn't mean flight. Writers don't always account for physics when they write these scenes. Most of them tend to base things on what looks cool. Snyder films frequently have shots or action sequences that don't strictly adhere to the laws of physics. Like Rorschach flying uniformly in one direction during the one fight in Watchmen, despite Ozy kicking him in the head instead of center mass.

Or another example, Cap curling a helicopter in CA:CW. Firstly, he should have been lifted off his feet, along with the helicopter, regardless of strength level. Secondly, even ignoring all that, the concrete the bolts of the railing he was holding onto cannot withstand the amount of strain that would have been placed on them in that scene. They should actually have just torn loose. Or yet another example, Luke Cage stopping a 2.3 to 2.5 ton vehicle dead in its tracks, despite the fact that he maybe weights 240lbs tops. No matter how strong you are, unless you have magic shoes gluing you to the ground, you will be sent flying.

But anyway, we both agree Clark is stronger. We also know he can move much faster when he wants to. And we know that he is also much more durable, being able to survive things like a nuke, whereas Diana, for all her showings, can still potentially be killed by a headshot.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 07:36 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Arachnid1
She used her entire body and he strong armed the laso with one arm too, without visible struggle. The gap between them is ridiculous
Superman is stronger I agree but she can weather his attacks and is strong enough to hurt him. What gives her the win is her skills and weaponry if she's all out. She did more damage to Doomsday than Superman did prior to the Knite spear.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 01:23 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Just because he doesn't move, doesn't mean flight. Writers don't always account for physics when they write these scenes. Most of them tend to base things on what looks cool. Snyder films frequently have shots or action sequences that don't strictly adhere to the laws of physics. Like Rorschach flying uniformly in one direction during the one fight in Watchmen, despite Ozy kicking him in the head instead of center mass.

Or another example, Cap curling a helicopter in CA:CW. Firstly, he should have been lifted off his feet, along with the helicopter, regardless of strength level. Secondly, even ignoring all that, the concrete the bolts of the railing he was holding onto cannot withstand the amount of strain that would have been placed on them in that scene. They should actually have just torn loose. Or yet another example, Luke Cage stopping a 2.3 to 2.5 ton vehicle dead in its tracks, despite the fact that he maybe weights 240lbs tops. No matter how strong you are, unless you have magic shoes gluing you to the ground, you will be sent flying.

But anyway, we both agree Clark is stronger. We also know he can move much faster when he wants to. And we know that he is also much more durable, being able to survive things like a nuke, whereas Diana, for all her showings, can still potentially be killed by a headshot.

Again bullets do not determine WW's durability against blunt attacks.

With that said, I voted for WW before Justice League movie. That movie showed more of Superman's speed and perception. I'm leaning more towards Superman now.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 06:11 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by quanchi112
Superman is stronger I agree but she can weather his attacks and is strong enough to hurt him. What gives her the win is her skills and weaponry if she's all out. She did more damage to Doomsday than Superman did prior to the Knite spear.
I don't think she could weather his attacks honestly. Steppenwolf seemed to outclass her and he was definitely not doing a good job of taking Supes' abuse. Plus, I don't think she's fast enough to touch him. Steppenwolf was moving in slow motion to him and Supes was as fast as Flash was in this movie. His entire little slow mo section with Flash while she was a statue comes to mind. I agree the sword could hurt him, but she has no chance of landing a hit with it. The guy stomped the entire Justice League and he wasn't even trying. He stomps her with or without the sword IMO

PWNT

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 06:33 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I don't think she could weather his attacks honestly. Steppenwolf seemed to outclass her and he was definitely not doing a good job of taking Supes' abuse. Plus, I don't think she's fast enough to touch him. Steppenwolf was moving in slow motion to him and Supes was as fast as Flash was in this movie. His entire little slow mo section with Flash while she was a statue comes to mind. I agree the sword could hurt him, but she has no chance of landing a hit with it. The guy stomped the entire Justice League and he wasn't even trying. He stomps her with or without the sword IMO
We see her straight up take a headbutt. She's trying to tell him to stop. Steppenwolf was not hurt in any significant fashion by Superman. She lassoed him and head butted him. If you are going to ignore what happens to insert your bias why do you insist on debating.

Quit ignoring her hitting him more than once. Superman was slower than the flash but he's an awful unsure fighter. He's a joke. WW hit Doomsday who also hit Superman. You want to insert your imagination and ignore every time he's been hit because he saw and reacted to the Flash.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 07:02 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

We see her straight up take a headbutt. She's trying to tell him to stop. Steppenwolf was not hurt in any significant fashion by Superman. She lassoed him and head butted him. If you are going to ignore what happens to insert your bias why do you insist on debating.

Quit ignoring her hitting him more than once. Superman was slower than the flash but he's an awful unsure fighter. He's a joke. WW hit Doomsday who also hit Superman. You want to insert your imagination and ignore every time he's been hit because he saw and reacted to the Flash.

roll eyes (sarcastic)
Legit lmao @ how desperate you are to downplay him after Supes wrecked house that entire film. I knew you would be the second the credits rolled laughing out loud

PWNT

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 10:06 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Legit lmao @ how desperate you are to downplay him after Supes wrecked house that entire film. I knew you would be the second the credits rolled laughing out loud
I knew fanboys would overreact and claim he's unhittable and solos everyone while discrediting his entire history for the flash interaction.

Face the facts, all of them.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 12:35 AM
Arachnid1

I knew fanboys would overreact and claim he's unhittable and solos everyone while discrediting his entire history for the flash interaction.

Face the facts, all of them.
Fact is that you have no feats that come close to Supes for the dude you've got in both your sig and your avatar, so you desperately try to downplay Supes in any thread you can to level the playing field. The best part is, anyone can see how delusional you are. It's honestly hilarious laughing out loud

PWNT

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 01:30 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Fact is that you have no feats that come close to Supes for the dude you've got in both your sig and your avatar, so you desperately try to downplay Supes in any thread you can to level the playing field. The best part is, anyone can see how delusional you are. It's honestly hilarious laughing out loud
Superman has been hit by Batman. He was hit by WW multiple times. These are facts you are trying to downplay his entire history just because he reacted to the Flash. I am objective but you're biased and let your imagination run wild. Stick to the facts not ad hominem attacks, social justice warrior.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 02:34 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

lol

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 02:39 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Superman has been hit by Batman. He was hit by WW multiple times. These are facts you are trying to downplay his entire history just because he reacted to the Flash. I am objective but you're biased and let your imagination run wild. Stick to the facts not ad hominem attacks, social justice warrior.

On what grounds do you dismiss his reacting to the Flash? You realize that Wonder Woman was in the scene too, right? Guess what she was doing? Nothing cause she was frozen still lmao.

If WW were on Superman's level, why was she losing to Steppenwolf while Clark was literally seeing him as though he were a statue?

Yes, Superman didn't dodge WW's head butt for the same reason Perfect Cell didn't dodge the Royal Army's gunfire, and Superman didn't dodge that guy's bullets in Superman Returns, lmao. You can't seriously ignore his ridiculous spee feats by cherry picking instances where he doesn't bother to dodge things that do nothing to him.

Last edited by The Ellimist on Dec 20th, 2017 at 05:00 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 04:57 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Ownage

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 05:15 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The Ellimist
On what grounds do you dismiss his reacting to the Flash? You realize that Wonder Woman was in the scene too, right? Guess what she was doing? Nothing cause she was frozen still lmao.

If WW were on Superman's level, why was she losing to Steppenwolf while Clark was literally seeing him as though he were a statue?

Yes, Superman didn't dodge WW's head butt for the same reason Perfect Cell didn't dodge the Royal Army's gunfire, and Superman didn't dodge that guy's bullets in Superman Returns, lmao. You can't seriously ignore his ridiculous spee feats by cherry picking instances where he doesn't bother to dodge things that do nothing to him.
I do not dismiss it we see him use speed against her as well. How do you dismiss her lassoing or head butting him ? She is clearly fast enough despite not wanting to fight him. Ironic you use this reasoning for Luke but completely dismiss it here. Double standards me thinks.

Abc logic. She isn't as strong or as durable but she is more skilled with better weapons.

It clearly phased him. He also didn't dodge the knite or Doomsday impaling him. You can't just ignore her hitting him and affecting him.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 05:25 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Ownage
I just refuted him. Pay attention.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 05:26 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Superman's fight speed while others are by comparison statues puts him ridiculously ahead here and against most other MVF opponents; ever fewer can beat him now. eg Metro Man is above Supes still, but MM is a cartoon.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 05:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by The Ellimist

thumb up

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 05:48 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote