KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wonder Woman vs. Superman

Wonder Woman vs. Superman
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

He argues inconsistency cinematography when it helps him, but trys to avoid addressing the director chosen cinematography between Synder and Jenkins. He is also arguing that a blur means someone is slower. This is just called bias, plain and simple.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 05:11 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
He argues inconsistency cinematography when it helps him, but trys to avoid addressing the director chosen cinematography between Synder and Jenkins. He is also arguing that a blur means someone is slower. This is just called bias, plain and simple.
thumb up

I'm not really interested in debating non-arguments and grasping at straws, so unless something new is brought up [highly unlikely, given we've already talked about all that Wonder Woman did], I stand by Superman 10/10 in the first, and 7-8/10 in the second.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 05:22 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote:
She is, by similar scenes, slower than Faora. At that point, Faora had just started gaining powers. Superman beat both her and Nam-ek at the same time.
I haven't read the thread yet, but if this statement is indicative of the quality of discussion in here I'm not sure I should bother.

I decided to rewatch this scene immediately upon reading this post, and what I see is: Faora dancing around Clark in their 1v1, Faora and Namek running a rape train on Clark when they double-team him, Faora getting distracted by the military while Clark beats up Namek 1v1, and while Faora is villain monolouging to Law and Order Guy Clark LITERALLY sucker-punches her from behind and breaks her mask, which ends the fight immediately because she's suffocating in Earth's atmosphere.

In what possible world does this constitute as "Superman beat them both at the same time"?

Edit-sorry if there's any typos here. I have to type all this on a tablet and KMC hates my tablet for some reason. I can't even see the entirr top half of the site at any given time lol

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jun 8th, 2017 at 07:20 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 07:12 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Tzeentch
I haven't read the thread yet, but if this statement is indicative of the quality of discussion in here I'm not sure I should bother.
The X is in the top corner of the tab, fyi thumb up

The discussion has nothing to do with Superman beating both of them btw, it's centered around Faora > WW in speed. But you wouldn't know that, since a single line triggered you out of the thread.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
I decided to rewatch this scene immediately upon reading this post, and what I see is: Faora dancing around Clark in their 1v1, Faora and Namek running a rape train on Clark when they double-team him, Faora getting distracted by the military while Clark beats up Namek 1v1, and while Faora is villain monolouging to Law and Order Guy Clark LITERALLY sucker-punches her from behind and breaks her mask, which ends the fight immediately because she's suffocating in Earth's atmosphere.

In what possible world does this constitute as "Superman beat them both at the same time"?
Interesting - is your method of watching movies looking at a scene, taking a nap, waking up and looking at it again, then going back to sleep, and filling the gaps with whatever suits you? Here - let me fill some holes for you there:

- Faora starts strong [sociopathic soldier vs farmboy's first fight], remarking on how Clark is unsure of himself, limited by his sense of morality, but as the fight advances she starts getting punched around, Nam-Ek intervenes on her behalf by sucker punching Superman
- They tag-team him, Superman treats Faora as a nuisance while he is on his back, blocking her attacks and twice putting her down, then literally uses her as a battering ram to get Nam-Ek off, grabs her to fly away, but he is pinned down
- He stops Nam-Ek's punch with one hand, and heat visions them both off of him.
- the army intervenes
- Superman saves the soldier from the falling helicopter and gets sucker punched again by Nam-Ek, but still beats him down.
- finally, hits her just before she kills the Colonel, breaking her mask.

If it sounds better for you, he is superior to either of them individually, and had an interrupted fight with them together, which started with a sucker punch [I guess it only counts when you want it to?]. The fact that he needed one more strike to destroy her mask shows that if not for the army, he would have won against both of them either way.

Not too bad for literally his first fight against ruthless highly trained kryptonian soldiers.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Jun 8th, 2017 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 08:30 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

^ Uh...so not to say that WW is faster than Superman but I think that it should be brought up that in addition to her own movie she still has her fight against Doomsday to pull from. Also, as far as Round 2 goes, WW was able to block Doomsday attacks with her shield including the heat vision which we know is better than Superman's own.

Also why is Smallville Clark being brought into this?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 09:26 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Superman stomps imo. TBH, he could kill her with a blast of heat vision or a solid punch unless she ends up getting a serious durability upgrade.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 12:42 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It's weird how people will shit on Superman's combat speed when his fights feature him zipping through an entire city with sharp turns and breakneck maneuvers while brawling with Zod before taking the fight into outer space in moments, and his opponents in the thread's fights almost invariably do not.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 01:25 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
It's weird how people will shit on Superman's combat speed when his fights feature him zipping through an entire city with sharp turns and breakneck maneuvers while brawling with Zod before taking the fight into outer space in moments, and his opponents in the thread's fights almost invariably do not.

Indeed, Superman hate is real. From this thread, I am convinced people go to the movies now with the express intent on figuring out a way to low ball any Superman feat and want any lesser feat because the movie might be better overall.

I still have not seen Hulk or Thor or Diana traverse the planet in seconds, or pull an ocean liner through the ice or catch an exploding space rocket or survive a nuke and live to tell about it.

edit: spelling

Last edited by Sable on Jun 9th, 2017 at 02:09 AM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 01:59 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Not sure how they compare to a nuke, but the bifrost explosion and the AOU blast we're both fairly impressive

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 03:22 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Originally posted by emporerpants
From everything shown? Superman with utter ease. WW's only chance is the sword, and even then Supes wins the majority. Get back to me when WW tows an ocean liner across ice by walking and holding the anchor or shifts tectonic plates.

I knew this kind of WW wank would occur though. Her movie is by far the best that DC has done in their current movie universe, and a ton of people conflate a likeable protagonist in a good movie as being the toughest. The whole "the character who entertained me more wins in a fight!" objectivity be damned. I wonder what the excuse will be when the big bad in justice league wrecks the team and Superman shows up to save the day at the end and fights evenly with the big bad.

Indeed sable, indeed.

Also, much of the lowballing is plain ol' fashioned hating on Supes. It can't really be denied that there is a dedicated Supes hate squad here. The real question is why these people hate Supes so much.

Last edited by emporerpants on Jun 9th, 2017 at 12:45 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 12:38 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

^ Actually, we're just calling it as is. Superman flies fast but he doesn't fight fast. After all, he got tagged by Doomsday more often than Doomsday tagged WW. A lot of Superman fans seem unwilling to acknowledge that MOS Superman is not the same as comic Superman or even Donner Superman.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 03:33 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Except you've been shown scenes of him fighting at super speed. Of catching things at super speed. Of moving and reacting at super speed. Of a movie description talking about his reflexes. Not to mention it is quite frankly stupid at worst and intellectually dishonest at best to say that he can move and change directions and react at super speed, but not fight at super speed. Seriously.

Also, WW got tagged plenty, or did you not see her get smacked around? Difference is she used her shield. Also, in her movie she got tagged by things. In addition, flash gets tagged all the time. Does that mean he is slow? Of course not, the story needs him to get tagged. Getting tagged by a slower opponent does not mean someone doesn't have super speed. You should know that. If you have watched literally anything super hero related, you really should know that.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 03:48 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FrothByte
^ Actually, we're just calling it as is. Superman flies fast but he doesn't fight fast. After all, he got tagged by Doomsday more often than Doomsday tagged WW. A lot of Superman fans seem unwilling to acknowledge that MOS Superman is not the same as comic Superman or even Donner Superman.

This just isn't true. Wonder Woman got tagged plenty by Doomsday and by Ares. MoS fights faster then Donner Superman, who are you trying to kid here?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 04:21 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by emporerpants
Except you've been shown scenes of him fighting at super speed. Of catching things at super speed. Of moving and reacting at super speed. Of a movie description talking about his reflexes. Not to mention it is quite frankly stupid at worst and intellectually dishonest at best to say that he can move and change directions and react at super speed, but not fight at super speed. Seriously.

Also, WW got tagged plenty, or did you not see her get smacked around? Difference is she used her shield. Also, in her movie she got tagged by things. In addition, flash gets tagged all the time. Does that mean he is slow? Of course not, the story needs him to get tagged. Getting tagged by a slower opponent does not mean someone doesn't have super speed. You should know that. If you have watched literally anything super hero related, you really should know that.

According to him, it only counts when Superman gets hit by someone, but if Wonder Woman gets hit by someone well its "cinematography inconsitencies." Either this guy is blind, or he is just purposely misrepresenting characters.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 04:23 PM
Silent Master

Nobody has ever denied that Superman has some level of superspeed. it's just that Superman fans can't tell the difference between throwing punches while flying and things like reading a book while everyone around you is frozen in time.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 04:57 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by NemeBro

Did the math, he was travelling at 67,500 mph. <+/- 475mph>

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 05:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
Nobody has ever denied that Superman has some level of superspeed. it's just that Superman fans can't tell the difference between throwing punches while flying and things like reading a book while everyone around you is frozen in time.

More of a comic book fan myself then a "Superman fan." As I said before Marvel makes better movies, but I call it like I see it.

However I believe you did say you were a Wonder Woman fan, and she was one your favorite superhero's. How is it you can claim you are bias free, but then imply Superman fans bias?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 07:04 PM
Silent Master

More of a comic book fan myself then a "Superman fan." As I said before Marvel makes better movies. I call it like I see it.

However I believe you did say you were a Wonder Woman fan, and she was one your favorite superhero's. How is it you can claim you are bias free, but then imply Superman fans bias?

Post the quotes in this thread that you believe show my bias.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 07:06 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Downplaying the RPG catch for starters cause it technically isn't a "bullet" even though its a fast moving projectile.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 08:01 PM
Silent Master

Downplaying the RPG catch for starters cause it technically isn't a "bullet" even though its a fast moving projectile.

So your idea of bias is me telling the truth, or are you claiming that I was wrong about RPG's being slower and larger than bullets?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 08:07 PM