KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Phoenix Point

Phoenix Point
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Phoenix Point

This is a strategy game thats the spiritual successor of Xcom (by the same people) except Lovecraftian horrors from space instead of the stereotypical extraterrestrial. I've been following it for a few months now. It looks great

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jun 6th, 2017 at 12:19 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 12:16 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I love Xcom (even though I suck at it) so it's cool to see more of this kind of game.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 01:37 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Interested. I wonder how it will turn out.

Because I love the new versions of XCOM.

EDIT: See the expected release is end of 2018. Man, that's a long time away and most likely will be competing with XCOM 3.

Last edited by Smasandian on Jun 6th, 2017 at 04:05 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 04:00 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://www.pcgamer.com/x-com-creato...-stretch-goals/

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/phoenix-point

quote:
With 36 days and 15 hours remaining at the time of writing, Phoenix Point has accrued $501,083 and of course has plenty of time to add much more to that total. Should the campaign reach $650,000, drivable vehicles will be added to the game's tactical battles. Here's the blurb on that as per the campaign page's latest update post:

"Deploy vehicles to tactical battles for carrying troops and providing heavy weapons support. They can also be used for retrieving equipment and materials in raid missions, and for safe evacuation of soldiers or civilians in danger. There will be multiple construction options and a variety of weapon turrets available."

And should the campaign reach $850,000, a 'Floating Phoenix Base' will be added to the fold.

Old articles, but I'm adding the info just to keep anyone interested updated. I'll still be following the hell out of this game. So far they've made 765,948 which is still a long way from the stretch goal. The funding has slowed down considerably by now, though they met the first stretch goal. Too bad we may not make it to the 850k for that floating base and the 1.2 mil towards the underwater assaults is flat out not happening.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 04:51 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Phoenix Point is now 1 year Epic Store exclusive. A steam key was originally promised to those who funded, and they have now confirmed that won't be happening. They've offered refunds to those who want it, but it still sucks since your early funders support means fuk all.

Just went from Day 1 to get the full edition for 20 dollars on steam in 2021.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 09:12 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I understand your point.

I find the Steam store vs EPIC store a bit silly. They are forgetting Valve required every Half Life 2 owner to use Steam.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 09:42 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Yeah, I get those who don't mind the multiple launchers and the steam comparison, but I didn't start my steam collection until three years ago. Still, I've amassed a ton of games on it, and I don't want to start splitting my games across multiple launchers. It's not about Steam vs Epic. I don't care for either company any more than they care for me. It's the same reason I've never bought a game on Origin or Uplay. Phoenix Point won't be going anywhere, so it can wait.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 01:31 AM
cdtm

Ugh, Xcom. The video game equivalent of Valium.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 12:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It's getting a console release. Out October 1st.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2021 07:40 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

This was released on Game Pass a long time ago (2 years?)

It wasn't that great.....I think they might have fixed it...but its far from XCOM in terms of quality.

Just made me want to play War of the Chosen again.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2021 08:25 PM