KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » People who make Politics thier Religion (Aka The Liberals and Leftists)

People who make Politics thier Religion (Aka The Liberals and Leftists)
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

People who make Politics thier Religion (Aka The Liberals and Leftists)

Is there anything more Sad and Empty then people who raise something as Banal and Callous as Politics to the Level of a Religious Belief in their life?

This seems to happens most with people on the Left. Aka The Liberals and Leftist Progressives. The Alt-Left if you will.

There are plenty of issues and stories where this is apparent with them.

Does anyone else have any thoughts or feelings on this subject?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 06:25 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

You are a broken record, man.

The "Right" is guilty of foisting their unjustified religious beliefs onto other people through their politics, like banning stem cell research and the struggle that homosexuals have had to get equal rights, etc.

So it's not just the "Left" that likes to fuse irrationality with politics.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 08:07 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

he does make an interesting point how some people ascribe to political ideals in an almost cultish fashion

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 08:20 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

If this isn't cult-like devotion....

http://youtu.be/bTZPOtKlYF8

Basically: Trump is a "chosen one" of god; who god works through and if you go against the "chosen one" god will curse you and your children and their children etc., cos reasons

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 09:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard

Basically: Trump is a "chosen one" of god; who god works through and if you go against the "chosen one" god will curse you and your children and their children etc., cos reasons

Aren't you one of those PEOPLE that say using "Youtube News Vids" are invalid because they are on YOUTUBE?

Hypocrite much there Robbie?

Or should I call you Father Robbie seeing seeing as how you are one of those Leftist Religious Types this thread is discussing.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 09:49 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

In case anyone can't watch stream, here's the transcript of that she claims:

"It’s not that Donald Trump is all that perfect of a guy. We all know he’s not. And we know that he’s not necessarily perfect in every way that we would like. That’s not how God works. He works through the ones he chooses. We don’t choose them. All we have to do is recognize them and when you recognize a chosen one and you have the discernment to know that they’ve been chosen and know that that’s the will of God, then your life will be blessed. And if you come against the chosen one of God, you are bringing upon you and your children and your children’s children curses like you have never seen. It puts a holy fear in me." -Mary Colbert

She sounds like a zealot who's mixing in her religious and political beliefs into some knew neo religion (aka insanity). So sure of herself that God will curse people who don't follow her religion-political doctrines.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 10:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

nah. Seems more like it is just the leftist way of taking things out of context and skewing what is said to just back up their empy beliefs to stem up their crappy view points.

You are a Liar Robbie, but I forgive you.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 10:55 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Robtard

Damn, that is some seriously disturbing shit. And these people vote. Why don't they move to North Korea if they want to believe in some divine douche of a leader.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 01:00 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

In which Flyboy's thread backfires spectacularly. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 01:13 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: People who make Politics thier Religion (Aka The Liberals and Leftists)

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Is there anything more Sad and Empty then people who raise something as Banal and Callous as Politics to the Level of a Religious Belief in their life?

This seems to happens most with people on the Left. Aka The Liberals and Leftist Progressives. The Alt-Left if you will.

There are plenty of issues and stories where this is apparent with them.

Does anyone else have any thoughts or feelings on this subject?

(please log in to view the image)

They're all talk.

Seriously, that's all it takes to be a leftist.

Conservatives earn their stripes by actually doing shit. Taking care of their family, refusing handouts, working hard at what they do, following a set of bedrock principles.

Are there conservatives who don't make the cut? You bet. But you can actually tell a good conservative from a bad conservative because a set of standards exists to judge them against. A set of standards that takes discipline, effort, and self sacrifice.

What does it even take to be a good liberal? Spout off about some women's studies course you're taking? Talking smack about Republicans? Going on a "symbolic" hunger strike, with snacks?

Leftist's are a joke.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 01:55 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Beniboybling
In which Flyboy's thread backfires spectacularly. laughing out loud

Well if anyone knows about backfires.....

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 01:57 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by cdtm
They're all talk.

Seriously, that's all it takes to be a leftist.

Conservatives earn their stripes by actually doing shit. Taking care of their family, refusing handouts, working hard at what they do, following a set of bedrock principles.

Are there conservatives who don't make the cut? You bet. But you can actually tell a good conservative from a bad conservative because a set of standards exists to judge them against. A set of standards that takes discipline, effort, and self sacrifice.

What does it even take to be a good liberal? Spout off about some women's studies course you're taking? Talking smack about Republicans? Going on a "symbolic" hunger strike, with snacks?

Leftist's are a joke.
What do you need to be a good righter? Live in the countryside and be the offspring of cousins, like fly.

And oversimplify things of course.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 02:09 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
What do you need to be a good righter? Live in the countryside and be the offspring of cousins, like fly.

And oversimplify things of course.

Oversimplfy, nothing.

Here's just one issue that proves the left as a joke:

You come from a broken home. Your father is just some guy got your mother pregnant, while your mother never really wanted you and keeps you around just to spite your father. She spends most of her time drinking.

The liberal stance to this scenerio would be to pity the offspring. And then go bang their girlfriend without a condom.

The conservative would look at this and wish someone would have listened to him before they made their unwanted child. But he was told to shut up and keep his nose out of other peoples sex life.

This "simplistic" view you'll no doubt accuse me of having is a very real consequence of liberal politics. You can either condone sexual freedom and permissiveness. No shaming people, no standards, nobody else's business.

Or you can try and prevent unwanted pregnancies. Which means sex education and contraceptives, absolutely. I am NOT a conservative, nor am I a practicing religious believer.

But it will also need some set of social standards that frowns on casual sex. Because sex = kids.

Conservatives may not go about ending unwanted pregnancy the best way, but it sure bests the way most "leftists" approach it (Which is basically sex, drugs, and rock and roll. And leaving the mother of their child behind to pursue other interests.)

Bottom line, there's absolutely nothing about leftists approach to the world that involves giving up anything to see their vision through. Hating on, evangelicals, bigots, parents, the rich, the privileged, ect is EASY! Just get mad, and rant about shit.

And deflect any and all blame onto someone else, like Conservatives who live in the South with their cousin parents, far away from your home of Chicago or New York or whichever city a leftist happens to **** their 9th girlfriend in while high and creating their 11th unwanted kid (That they totally will beat their girlfriend into aborting, if they decide to stick around long enough.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 02:33 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

The point of my post was to show you how stupid you sound sticking to your stereotype of the left, by doing the same with the right. Ugh, maybe I should go slower.

So iyo everyone in the left is like you mentioned in your elaborated, totally veridic, story? Yeah, totally not oversimplifying sport. thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 02:50 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Leftist Translation: It is Ok for Grimey to use Negative Stereotypes to describe those He/She/It disagrees with but not for those people he/she/it disagrees with to do.

Its called DOUBLE STANDARDS!

Its one of the Leftist Commandments to do this.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 05:48 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The point of my post was to show you how stupid you sound sticking to your stereotype of the left, by doing the same with the right. Ugh, maybe I should go slower.

So iyo everyone in the left is like you mentioned in your elaborated, totally veridic, story? Yeah, totally not oversimplifying sport. thumb up

Oh no, not everyone that votes Democrat is like that. Just progressive's/leftist's.

The kind that rant on about how bad selfish conservatives are, while living pretty selfish lives themselves.

Take, for example, a union rep. I actually respect union heads that go out of their way to represent the interests of their workers. I knew men like this.

I also knew union reps that sat on their butts and just ranted about Bush.

The one's that drive me crazy, though, are the sorts that live a good life while complaining about those who don't. They'll complain about the evil businessman who outright says they're just in it for themselves, yet what is their side doing about it?

I mean, aren't there liberal millionaires? Billionaires? Why not shame THEM?

Go after the people that claim to care and hoard their money, instead of the side that tells you they don't care and just want to hoard their money. THAT's my biggest beef with the supposed "bleeding hearts", they spend more time ranting about "team evil" then they do about the rich guys in their own party simply not doing enough for the disadvantaged.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 01:39 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Fly's ploy to turn the Religion Forum into a narrow-minded mainstream politics forum.

I see right through him.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 01:58 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Religion and politics are supposed to be separate.

Our vice president is a nutjob... funny how he thinks that religious folks helped abolish slavery, when nothing could be further from the truth. The Bible endorses slavery, so the South was absolutely on the winning side of that theological debate...

Yes, "Pray for our country. Because that does absolutely nothing, and while you are busy with such a useless act we will continue to corrode civil liberties and build up a Christian Theocracy. God Bless America."

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 02:14 PM
Flyattractor

I think you have misinterpreted the real meaning for the saying of "Separation of Church & State".

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 06:03 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Damn, that is some seriously disturbing shit. And these people vote. Why don't they move to North Korea if they want to believe in some divine douche of a leader.

Indeed, attributing President Trump to be "God's Chosen One" is making politics be your religion and she seems to legitimately believe this. The bit about god cursing family blood lines if they go against Trump, that's just a combination of fear-mongering (which these people thrive on) "You better believe what I believe or something bad will happen to you," and idiocy.

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 9th, 2017 at 06:16 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 06:11 PM