KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Evolution vs Creation

Evolution vs Creation
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam_PoE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, I think I saw something about that. Well, biologically there are only 2 physical, anatomical genders. But it does seem to exist on more a spectrum in practice because obviously sexuality exists on a spectrum.

It's pretty obvious to see that if you throw out your Bible and Koran.

You are using sex and gender here interchangeably.

Human beings are a sexually dimorphic species, and as such, there are only two biological sexes.

However, gender is a socially-constructed set of expectations assigned to people on the basis of their sex at birth.

That is a completely different issue altogether.

Most often, people experience a gender that corresponds to their sex, but not always.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 11:02 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed, feelings>>reality. It's science.

I got a dick, but like Shania Twain...man, I feel like a woman. So I am one, is the logic.

^Proof.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 21st, 2017 at 11:57 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 11:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Surtur
Indeed, feelings>>reality. It's science.

I got a dick, but like Shania Twain...man, I feel like a woman. So I am one, is the logic.

^Proof.

Men can like Shania Twain, but if you identify as a woman, then more power to you. Congratulations on coming out, I guess. Maybe I will see you at Pride next year.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 12:45 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Men can like Shania Twain, but if you identify as a woman, then more power to you. Congratulations on coming out, I guess. Maybe I will see you at Pride next year.

What if I identify as a black lesbian? Do you accept it? More importantly, can I get in on that sweet affirmative action?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 08:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Surtur
What if I identify as a black lesbian? Do you accept it? More importantly, can I get in on that sweet affirmative action?

What if? Try it and find out.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2017 12:24 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Dawkins makes an interesting observation about paleontologists quibbling about what to call each human fossil because it's hard to distinguish whether one should be classified in this particular group or the next group, and they are constantly changing which category certain fossils are in, but that's exactly what is expected with evolution because it's a long, gradual process and the lines will blur! That's precisely the point! And apparently museums are kind of strict about naming. But I think his point is that the naming system is not very good.

I think this image is about brain capacity (I wish it was better quality), but it also shows the ages...

(please log in to view the image)

And I didn't realize that Darwin actually predicted that humans started in Africa. He didn't have any fossils to go from with any of his predictions and it's all been confirmed.

That's pretty amazing.

Dawkins also points out that to deal with this evidence that is in many museums to be seen with one's very own eyes, Creationists just ignore it and/or deny it. And look who has never posted in this thread: our good friend, JesusLovesYou.

Or, I've noticed another more insidious technique used by Creationists: feign knowledge or expertise and lie and mislead about the conclusions of certain data.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Jul 25th, 2017 at 06:53 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 06:50 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

LOL...I remember seeing some video where a creationist argued that Dinosaurs just turned into little lizards to get on the Ark or some nonsense. It was over millions of years, it was like instantly or something because God can do that. It's funny, God changing the biological structure of something instantly is more believable than millions of years of selective adaptation.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 07:12 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This is a great little "debate" if you want to pull your hair out...

Kent Hovind is an arrogant, dishonest moron. The first opening presentations are very telling, but this descends into madness when they debate, haha... it's pretty epic facepalmage.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 12:37 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The US makes me sad... sad

Public Acceptance for the Theory of Evolution

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 04:01 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Started watching this 7-part PBS documentary on evolution. It's quite good. Narrated by Liam Neeson...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 12:47 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

laughing out loud

Attachment: fb_img_1508102337175.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:54 AM
The Lone Ranger
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL. People still arguing about this? Sorry, but evolution is the biggest crock of shit hoax in human history. The Bible though is 100% accurate. Yes, God created the universe and He did it only 6,00 years ago. smile

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:21 PM
The Lone Ranger is currently offline Click here to Send The Lone Ranger a Private Message Find more posts by The Lone Ranger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

laughing out loud

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 05:57 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The Religion of Evolution. Not that much fun. Only a bunch of science nerds show up to those parties.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 06:03 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Yeah, I know, why accept the truth when we can believe that everything written in a 2000 year old book is true?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 06:33 PM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah, better to put all your FAITH into stuff that gets changed all the time and was started by a guy who gave up on it towards the end of his life.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 06:41 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

So, you are saying never questioning creationism is better than constantly questioning evolution? Anyway, it's not like the theory of evolution gets changed all the time, but that every discovery gives us new insight.
Also, while I never saw prove that Darwin gave up on Evolution, I couldn't care less.It's not about what the person that discovered something thinks, it's about what he discovered.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 07:10 PM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

More like You SHOULD ALWAYS question everything and never go full on blind faith in anything. That includes both Science & Religion.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 07:36 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Ursumeles
So, you are saying never questioning creationism is better than constantly questioning evolution? Anyway, it's not like the theory of evolution gets changed all the time, but that every discovery gives us new insight.
Also, while I never saw prove that Darwin gave up on Evolution, I couldn't care less.It's not about what the person that discovered something thinks, it's about what he discovered.

thumb up

You'll have to excuse Fly. He's very special.

It's pretty much understood around here that he isn't to be taken seriously.

(btw: I've never even heard anything about Darwin "giving up on evolution." Sounds like more Creationist propaganda that even if true it means nothing significant, just a means of distracting from the truth of his profound discoveries and insights)

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Oct 21st, 2017 at 12:19 AM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 12:17 AM
MythLord
Diamond

> says it gets changed all the time
> the Bible's been re-editted dozens of times

At least Evolution isn't filled with contradictory messages. Love everyone... but hate the gays, just in case

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 08:54 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote