KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Anthem

Anthem
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Anthem

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/10/...-teaser-e3-2017

This is Biowares new game made by the same team that made the original Mass Effect trilogy. I'm on board just to see a new IP by those guys. It won't be release until 2019 apparently but I'll be following it closely.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 03:56 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

A Destiny knockoff made by EAware? I'll pass.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 04:12 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

With a live service and disruptive new social design tho.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 01:03 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

We'll see where they take it. These guys gave me a hundred+ hours of a great experience in ME so they've more than earned the benefit of the doubt.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 04:25 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 11:02 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

From a graphics point of view, it looks very impressive.

If they can impart Bioware storytelling than I'm game. Destiny and The Division tried to expand story into the loot gathering but they ultimately failed. If the intro sequence that starts the quest is an indication of how the game sets up missions then this game is very much on my radar.

The strange thing....is that the most impressive part of the demo was when the players flew through the air and then dived in the water to open up an entire area beneath it. If that's the case then I will be more than happy to explore the world they created

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 11:02 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Yeah, that exploration gameplay looked amazing. I'm not a fan of co-op games in general, but I want to see where this goes.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 11:05 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

can't wait to buy and play.. this looks good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 02:14 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Yeah, that exploration gameplay looked amazing. I'm not a fan of co-op games in general, but I want to see where this goes.

As Ares said, it's EA's version of a loot shooter. It's probably not going to have any huge surprises. If they include Bioware storytelling then it could be something special.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 01:30 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Difficult to really gauge anything about the game yet. Have no idea about the story or if there will be an emphasis on characters/world building, or if it'll be like Destiny where all that is on the back burner. Has potential, will have to see more on it, though.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 09:33 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

From the trailer, it does look like they are making an effort to provide some resemblance of a story.

Most games like this are very bare when it gives out missions. It's usually some sort of voiceover/phone thing while this game seems to have interaction with NPC's.

Tough to say though.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 11:18 PM
BackFire

Yeah, but I mean this is Bioware, their games are primarily known for characters/writing moreso than for gameplay reasons. If the main priority of the game isn't characters/writing than I have to question why Bioware even made this game.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 11:23 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True and it's the Edmonton office and that's the good one.

I just don't see EA releasing that trailer without having a huge story element attached to the game. And after the shitstorm EA received after ME:A, I cannot see them allowing this game to be released in that state.

This looks like EA Edmonton had help from DICE because those facial animations are straight from the Battlefield series.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 12:01 AM
BackFire

Yeah the animations, and the graphics in general, were really nice.

I look forward to seeing more of the game over the next year or so.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 12:46 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

But doesn't The Old Republic have loot gathering but still tell a story? I think we're letting Destiny and Division get to us.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 01:03 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes, from what I understand.

The Division did have a story and the missions were pretty good.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 01:18 AM
ares834

While the game does look nice, I have to say I am disappointed. I’m just not a big fan of this genre and it’s a shame to see one of my favorite developers pour most of their recourses and top talent into a game like this rather than an RPG. This is what Andromeda should have looked like. It seems Bioware has mostly moved on from story RPGs and that is very disappointing.

Still, the game does look like it could be fun. I’ll probably pick it up.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2017 02:59 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well they showed 6-8 minutes of an Alpha mission. For all we know it could be just like Mass Effect or Dragon Age with a huge story that branches depending on your choices in and out of combat.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2017 03:20 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I can’t see choices having any large meaningful impact in a MMO game such as this.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2017 03:32 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Looks lame and generic. no

Old Post Jun 14th, 2017 08:05 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote