KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Anthem

Anthem
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Aside from Andromeda, Bioware hasn't produce a bad game. I don't get the mentality of "kill it off" when they can still produce quality titles.

But I guess we are in the age of, "if it's not perfect, it's a pile of garbage" era of video games. Well...at least for AAA developers.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 02:55 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

And I'd argue that Andromeda isn't a bad game. Does some things very well, misstepped in others. But I'd still consider it an okay game.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 09:46 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Lost
M E G A

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
And I'd argue that Andromeda isn't a bad game. Does some things very well, misstepped in others. But I'd still consider it an okay game.

I'd agree. It's actually got a lot going for it.

KILL YOUR OPPOSITION

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 10:18 PM
The Lost is currently offline Click here to Send The Lost a Private Message Find more posts by The Lost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Smasandian
Aside from Andromeda, Bioware hasn't produce a bad game. I don't get the mentality of "kill it off" when they can still produce quality titles.

But I guess we are in the age of, "if it's not perfect, it's a pile of garbage" era of video games. Well...at least for AAA developers.
You don't get it because you and I are different premise entirely.

If you hold the opinion that DA2, DAI, TOR and MEA were all trash from both a writing and gameplay perspective, while ME3 was awful from a writing one, Bioware ceases to fit in the category of "flawed but pretty good overall." They're in the "these people haven't made an overall great game in almost ten years" category.

As for the strawman about a game/company needing to be perfect or else it's trash, nah the playerbase is frankly way more accepting of the industry's shitty business practices then it should be. You think peoples' standards are too high because you have none.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jan 25th, 2018 at 10:33 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 10:29 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Lost
M E G A

lol at blax's "you committed a strawman so here's a false dilemma."

Haha. Fuckin' classic Blax.

KILL YOUR OPPOSITION

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 10:35 PM
The Lost is currently offline Click here to Send The Lost a Private Message Find more posts by The Lost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by BackFire

Part of me wants to defend Andromeda somewhat kind of but I feel there were too many steps backwards with that game. Sometimes, it's the little things that matter and when those little things have been in every Bioware game up until now, you take notice and it feels frickin weird!

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 25th, 2018 at 10:48 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 10:41 PM
Nemesis X is online now! Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I would agree with that. It felt really disjointed and you can't really defend the bugs it had.

I feel like the game could of been something special if they spent more time in regards to the planet building idea. If you actually spent time turning planets into vibrant colonies...that would of been fun. They didn't nail the frontier feel either. In my opinion, the game should of been a space version of Wyatt Earp but instead of towns, it's planets.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 11:13 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote