KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Anthem

Anthem
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Aside from Andromeda, Bioware hasn't produce a bad game. I don't get the mentality of "kill it off" when they can still produce quality titles.

But I guess we are in the age of, "if it's not perfect, it's a pile of garbage" era of video games. Well...at least for AAA developers.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 02:55 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

And I'd argue that Andromeda isn't a bad game. Does some things very well, misstepped in others. But I'd still consider it an okay game.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 09:46 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
And I'd argue that Andromeda isn't a bad game. Does some things very well, misstepped in others. But I'd still consider it an okay game.

I'd agree. It's actually got a lot going for it.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 10:18 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Smasandian
Aside from Andromeda, Bioware hasn't produce a bad game. I don't get the mentality of "kill it off" when they can still produce quality titles.

But I guess we are in the age of, "if it's not perfect, it's a pile of garbage" era of video games. Well...at least for AAA developers.
You don't get it because you and I are different premise entirely.

If you hold the opinion that DA2, DAI, TOR and MEA were all trash from both a writing and gameplay perspective, while ME3 was awful from a writing one, Bioware ceases to fit in the category of "flawed but pretty good overall." They're in the "these people haven't made an overall great game in almost ten years" category.

As for the strawman about a game/company needing to be perfect or else it's trash, nah the playerbase is frankly way more accepting of the industry's shitty business practices then it should be. You think peoples' standards are too high because you have none.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jan 25th, 2018 at 10:33 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 10:29 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

lol at blax's "you committed a strawman so here's a false dilemma."

Haha. Fuckin' classic Blax.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 10:35 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Part of me wants to defend Andromeda somewhat kind of but I feel there were too many steps backwards with that game. Sometimes, it's the little things that matter and when those little things have been in every Bioware game up until now, you take notice and it feels frickin weird!

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 25th, 2018 at 10:48 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 10:41 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I would agree with that. It felt really disjointed and you can't really defend the bugs it had.

I feel like the game could of been something special if they spent more time in regards to the planet building idea. If you actually spent time turning planets into vibrant colonies...that would of been fun. They didn't nail the frontier feel either. In my opinion, the game should of been a space version of Wyatt Earp but instead of towns, it's planets.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 11:13 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

First step to uh oh. Mass Effect writer leaves Bioware.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/m...-/1100-6457319/

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 12th, 2018 at 12:31 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:25 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Mass Effect trilogy will be my last Bioware title.

Glad I got it, and most of the dlc, but **** EA.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Mar 12th, 2018 at 12:56 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:53 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Well at least the writing for Anthem would be done by now, probably.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 03:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Am going to be “wait and see” with Anthem. But if it even has a hint of lootboxes or non-aesthetic microtransactions in the game, I won’t even touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Chances are, it will. So I’ll likely give this game a pass.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 08:16 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well at least the writing for Anthem would be done by now, probably.

Yeah, this isn't that big of a deal if they've probably finished off the writing. It could be that her work on it was done and she just left. The same thing just happened to Obsidian for Deadfire which is coming out in a month.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 10:49 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, it's not like he was frustrated and left. He was rehired for a specific purpose and fulfilled that purpose, so his job is done. Think this is getting kinda blown out of proportion.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 10:11 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep!!

I guess we should expect developers to keep every single person in the company for all eternity. But discount the fact that people require change, move or try new careers.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 10:23 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No romances, no companions, no character customization, and no offline play.

RIP Bioware.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2018 11:02 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

This game really doesn't look very good imo. Combat looks super generic and I see none of the hallmarks of a good bioware game being shown, like side characters or world building. I'm extremely underwhelmed and I didn't have very high expectations in the first place. Maybe we'll see more and a better representation at the Microsoft conference tomorrow.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2018 11:25 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It doesn't look terrible. Combat does look a tad generic but if they can pull this off as an open world story driven cooperative shooter without any microtransactions, it could do where Destiny struggled and be fun. Otherwise RIP Bioware indeed.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 10th, 2018 at 02:48 AM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 02:42 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's a loot shooter. It's what people want these days.

I think the game looks very interesting from a "world" perspective but I will wait and see before making a major judgments.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 04:10 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Tzeentch
You don't get it because you and I are different premise entirely.

If you hold the opinion that DA2, DAI, TOR and MEA were all trash from both a writing and gameplay perspective, while ME3 was awful from a writing one, Bioware ceases to fit in the category of "flawed but pretty good overall." They're in the "these people haven't made an overall great game in almost ten years" category.

As for the strawman about a game/company needing to be perfect or else it's trash, nah the playerbase is frankly way more accepting of the industry's shitty business practices then it should be. You think peoples' standards are too high because you have none.

Oh wow. This is the most objective, even handed, well adjusted response I've seen here.

I feel exactly the same way every time people get offended for telling them they are shit, everything they like is shit, and they're shits for not accepting my reasonable opinions. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 04:33 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Nephthys
No romances, no companions, no character customization, and no offline play.

RIP Bioware.

That seemed obvious from the beginning. This game was never going to be anything then a Destiny clone.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 04:40 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote