KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs. Savage Hulk (h2h) only

Superman vs. Savage Hulk (h2h) only
Started by: Facee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'm not debating real world physics here lol, or how realistic things should be.

The answer to your questions are all: no, it doesn't work like that, it works exactly like it was shown in the comic.

Banner doesn't die of radiation poisoning. Parker doesn't go into anaphylactic shock. Batman doesn't die from exhaustion after two weeks. The Hulk' pants don't disintegrate. Nobody takes Robin into Social Services.

Why do I say all this? Because we have on panel showings of what happens when it happens.

4x (or whatever) Hulk? No.

And again,for the thread, we have scans of Superman using his speed.

Yes but the whole idea of the IMP is rooted in real world physics. And we have at least one instance of Flash noting that his fist gains the mass of a white dwarf star as it APPROACHES lightspeed to support the notion of the scan being badly worded.

What's more, you're using real world physics to support the notion that because WB Hulk was lethal to beings 1000x Hercules that he'd be lethal to someone like Herc even at lower levels... but we've never actually SEEN that. You're making a positive assertion that it'll be an issue far before what's actually been shown on panel. It's been established that when he was in training leading up to the wwh storyline he learned to control/channel his anger. It's been directly referenced that even during WWH, he was holding back his power. It's been established that WB Hulk is his true max and far exceeds anything he showed during the WWH storyline. You're counterpoint is that since he was holding back against Herc and others in WWH(because they weren't one of his true targets) he'll hold back just as much in forum fights even though Herc(or whoever he's fighting) IS his target here.

Just as we've never seen 4x Hulk, we've never seen Flash throw more than one IMP. Yes he's talked/thought about it just as it's been talked about that Hulk was still holding back during WWH... but we've never actually SEEN it.

As I've said multiple times, I'm in no way discussing this particular thread. This thread is about Savage Hulk, I'm talking about Greenscar. I'm not even allowed to discuss it in the threads where it's directly relevant because of the Mod ruling. From the get go I've only been pointing out that there exists a double standard in regard to the benefit of a doubt given to other characters that's barred from Hulk as a matter of law. No one's allowed to even suggest that the incredibly intelligent Greenscar will use logic and common sense in a thread where he's featured.

Last edited by darthgoober on Jun 20th, 2017 at 06:31 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 06:20 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

^ Hey Darth, who do you have winning this fight?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 06:41 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It's been said before by others and while I don't enjoy joining clubs...

Good to see darthgoober again on KMC.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 06:43 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Facee
^ Hey Darth, who do you have winning this fight?

Almost definately Supes. Hulk would need to start off WAY angry to stagger Supes enough right out of the gate to gain the upper hand and ground&pound him before Supes capitilized on his speed. And in general, I just don't see Savage Hulk as being that angry in the outset of a forum fight.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 06:45 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
(please log in to view the image)

I swear Manchester should've killed him when he had the chance to do so.

Super-nothing. One big lie, worst of all superheroes.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 06:48 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's been said before by others and while I don't enjoy joining clubs...

Good to see darthgoober again on KMC.

Thanks Stilt, it's always nice to feel wanted big grin

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 06:49 PM
darthgoober

Also just to be clear, I'm not accusing anyone of being outright biased here. I'm simply pointing out a double standard. That's not to say that I don't believe anyone harbors bias because in reality I think EVERYONE is biased to a degree over something or other. But a double standard differs from bias in that it can spring from things like simple ignorance, distorted logic, and simply choosing to go along with mass consensus rather than having to fight over the details.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 07:06 PM
cdtm

So Superman can use his speed here?

The Op never said he couldn't, but that may be implied.. Otherwise, Hulk has no way of contending with Clark's "near Flash" level super speed.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 07:06 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

That's what I thought.

Superman speed blitz's Hulk then. Thread should probably be locked for spite against Hulk.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 06:48 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 01:41 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Hand to hand only?

Superman pulls his punches! I think it's a lot closer than some people may think. Regardless though, Superman should still get a 6-7/10

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 02:33 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote