KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs. Savage Hulk (h2h) only

Superman vs. Savage Hulk (h2h) only
Started by: Facee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Lol @ Philo scan. I can post Hulk blitzing beings who was actually moving at super speed.
Pointless scan.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 04:22 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

(please log in to view the image)

Truly, Carver, you are the forum's Drax.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 04:30 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Truly, Carver, you are the forum's Drax.

Quoting so carver can see it. It never gets old.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 04:37 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

It's like saying that in 90% of his fights, Superman punches, rather than kicks - therefore, in a forum fight, he is incapable of kicking someone.

We don't ignore what happens in comics etc etc. Sure, Juntai or Phildo or Abhi or someone MAY have 2 or 3 scans of him kicking, but in the vast majority of his fights, he punches.

Therefore, he cannot kick, and would lose to Batroc.

No, it supports that he would only through very few kicks in a fight, not that he he is incapable of kicking. All boxers are cabable of slipping punches. Likewise, all boxers are hit by repeated punches. It's what is expected.

In an average fight, combatants punch at least 90% of the time because kicking is difficult, inefficient and risky. That is why kickboxing contests have to require a minimum number so kicks by rule.

In 100% of fights, combatants make 100% effort to avoid getting hit, thus when they do get hit, it is certainly due to a failure in that moment to do so. Thus, by logic, when Superman gets hit, it is due to a failure in his effort to not get hit. Logic.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 06:05 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol?

were you just trying to attribute....EFFORT, to a comic book character, and use said LACK of effort as a reason he gets hit? and call it "logic"?

blink

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 06:10 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by TheHulkster
No, it supports that he would only through very few kicks in a fight, not that he he is incapable of kicking. All boxers are cabable of slipping punches. Likewise, all boxers are hit by repeated punches. It's what is expected.

In an average fight, combatants punch at least 90% of the time because kicking is difficult, inefficient and risky. That is why kickboxing contests have to require a minimum number so kicks by rule.

In 100% of fights, combatants make 100% effort to avoid getting hit, thus when they do get hit, it is certainly due to a failure in that moment to do so. Thus, by logic, when Superman gets hit, it is due to a failure in his effort to not get hit. Logic.

So using this logic, Superman has NO superspeed. Either that, or he is incredibly stupid, or, he is incredibly masochistic.

Yet, you just used the logic that combatants (or at least, average ones) know NOT to kick, because it is difficult, inefficient, and risky. Assuming this is the same reasoning that goes through Superman's mind when fighting (better not kick, as it's difficult, inefficient, and risky!) you are now saying...he is simultaneously smart at fighting, and dumb, and allows himself to be hit?

Because of course, another logical deduction is that he has NO superspeed. But then....we have scans of him fighting at superspeed. So he has it.

The last conclusion that might be reached, is that for the sake of plot, he doesn't use it. As it would turn every fight into a single panel.

But this is a forum fight now.

Edit: and using the logic you have in your post, if the scans support that he would throw very few kicks in a fight (but that he WOULD throw kicks), that means he WOULD use his superspeed....but what, for 10% of a fight? Then decide gee, better slow down! Oh crap, Hulk is beating me to death, better stay at this speed which I stay at for 90% of my fights!

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Jun 17th, 2017 at 06:16 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 06:11 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

wait, wait, are you saying that it's not because superman wasn't TRYING to dodge, but rather he isn't dodging because he's a comic book character and the writer would rather have a cool looking fight for the sake of plot than have him dance around all the bricks he faces all the time?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 06:16 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Superman obviously puts 0.0000000000000000001% effort in his fights, in order to allow somebody like Hulk to hit him.

That lazy f uck.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 06:18 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by leonidas
wait, wait, are you saying that it's not because superman wasn't TRYING to dodge, but rather he isn't dodging because he's a comic book character and the writer would rather have a cool looking fight for the sake of plot than have him dance around all the bricks he faces all the time?

thumb up why doesn't Superman speedblitz?

1. He has no superspeed.
2. He is stupid and has superspeed, but doesn't use it
3. He has it, but loves getting punched
4. He has it, but plot dictates a sexy fight, where the hero struggles and gets tagged.

We know 1 isn't true. 2? He's a top rate investigative reporter, of the House of El, a famous scientific family from one of the most advanced civilisations in the DCU. 3? Maybe...

Or, it's 4.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 06:23 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

It's obviously 5. He hates getting punched, but he's too lazy to put in effort and gets hurt.

It's a metaphor for carver's life, too.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 06:25 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up why doesn't Superman speedblitz?

1. He has no superspeed.
2. He is stupid and has superspeed, but doesn't use it
3. He has it, but loves getting punched
4. He has it, but plot dictates a sexy fight, where the hero struggles and gets tagged.

We know 1 isn't true. 2? He's a top rate investigative reporter, of the House of El, a famous scientific family from one of the most advanced civilisations in the DCU. 3? Maybe...

Or, it's 4.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 06:26 PM
TheHulkster

Oh so we are now resorting to editoria/writer reasons? I can argue that since Surfer can go intangible, Superman would never hit him? J'onn beats Superman every time right?

I didn't know this was CBR.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 06:29 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Oh so we are now resorting to editoria/writer reasons? I can argue that since Surfer can go intangible, Superman would never hit him? J'onn beats Superman every time right?

I didn't know this was CBR.

Course not. But we have CIP and CIS on this forum, both of which apply to Surfer and J'onn.

Opening black holes in people's heads is very different from actively trying to avoid being hit. Selecting one of Surfer and J'onn's many powers is different from being superfast.

Otherwise, you'll be arguing that Captain Boomerang is a serious threat to Flash, because...he throws shaped wooden sticks, like, really skillfully.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 06:32 PM
carver9

Lol at people trying to throw what happens in comics in the trash while at the same time creating a character that doesn't exist due to him fighting in ways that does not exist. KMC for the win.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 06:57 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Except he DOES have superspeed fighting scenes. He does. Absolutely.

Superspeed isn't something you turn on and off, lol. It's like superstrength. You either have it or you don't.

Does Superman have superspeed, yes or no?

If yes, then why doesn't he use it? See above.

It's not as if we are arguing that Superman can matter manip or something, lol.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 07:09 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Actually, he frequently does so because he can. cool

Attachment: capture3213321.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Last edited by Juntai on Jun 17th, 2017 at 08:46 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 08:42 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by Juntai
Actually, he frequently does so because he can. cool

Or because of this:

Which jibes with this:

https://m.imgur.com/Ia2FsKR

I have seen Superman fans defend Superman against the above Darkseid showing by saying that he needs to shift into super speed gear in order to respond.

Last edited by TheHulkster on Jun 17th, 2017 at 10:12 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 10:09 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

LOL.

You: "In 100% of fights, combatants make 100% effort to avoid getting hit, thus when they do get hit, it is certainly due to a failure in that moment to do so. Thus, by logic, when Superman gets hit, it is due to a failure in his effort to not get hit. Logic."

Me: Proof Superman gets hits on purpose.

You: But here's a picture of Darkseid grabbing speed of sound Superman in 1987, 30 years ago.

Me:

Attachment: don-draper-shrug.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 11:29 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I wonder how Savage Hulk would handle something like this..?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 11:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Galan007
I wonder how Savage Hulk would handle something like this..?

(a) not very well i'd imagine, though i had someone telling me hulk was at least quicksilver speed, so...maybe he just dodges the punches? thumb up

(b) i'd forgotten that in that rex scan superman admitted, again, that dd previously couldn't feel pain. that whole can feel pain/can't feel pain debate was....exceedingly painful, but i don't recall the rex scan being shown as further proof that dd really didn't feel pain in that fight.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 11:52 PM