KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Loebforce Rulk versus DOS Doomsday

Loebforce Rulk versus DOS Doomsday
Started by: bluewaterrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
It is clear you wanted to "equalize" things because of course DD vs Rulk is NOT equal. thumb up smile

☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝

Old Post Jun 14th, 2017 09:13 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

TurboImageHost apparently doesn't like Wednesday's anymore.

Here, maybe this new image host provider I stumbled across might work ...

And I'll try posting instead a different scene of Booster Gold taking a similar punch. This one does indeed suggest, as alluded to in the previous page, that Booster Gold's force fields do, in "fact", vary in strength and/or durability:

http://www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497481542640.jpg

Last edited by bluewaterrider on Jun 14th, 2017 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2017 11:14 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
TurboImageHost apparently doesn't like Wednesday's anymore.

Here, maybe this new image host provider I stumbled across might work ...

And I'll try posting instead a different scene of Booster Gold taking a similar punch. This one does indeed suggest, as alluded to in the previous page, that Booster Gold's force fields do, in "fact", vary in strength and/or durability:

http://www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497481542640.jpg

Is that Doomsday? Why did he say "Max"?

If it's just Doomsday hitting him, all it does is reinforce that Doomsday > Brainiac 5 tech (Tech with a very extensive record against high heralds.)

Edit: Oh.. He meant "Forcefield to maximum", and not "Max Lord".

This still hurts your case though, as now we have a scene of DD staggering Gold past a FULL powered Force Field. wink

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2017 11:56 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
The first point should be a yes or no. Simple as that.

Doomsday year one feats should count for DOS Doomsday unless YOU the OP specifies that is only DOS feats.

The rest of the points are irrelevant my friend. It is clear you wanted to "equalize" things because of course DD vs Rulk is NOT equal.

What I'm getting from all this is that people primarily think Doomsday can win this fight due to rarely, if ever, seen "speed" feats or retcons that came several years after Doomsday's debut.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 12:01 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by cdtm

If it's just Doomsday hitting him, all it does is reinforce that Doomsday > Brainiac 5 tech (Tech with a very extensive record against high heralds.)

This still hurts your case though, as now we have a scene of DD staggering Gold past a FULL powered Force Field. wink

I'm actually very glad you responded, because when I first tried clicking on the link I provided, it only gave me a blank page. So I'm happy it eventually DID work and I MIGHT not have to waste time finding yet another image host provider to post scans tonight ...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 12:06 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Doomsday did this to Booster:

That's the same forcefield Brainiac 5 uses in Legion of Superheroes.

You know, the same Brainiac 5 who set up force fields no JLA member could budge.

The same Brainiac who, in the Pocket Universe Superboy arc, set a field around Sun Boy which Supes bounced off of.

B5 shields are essentially energy vesions of Adamantium... NOTHING budges them below high cosmic level attacks, like Darkaeid's Omega Effect (And only with some effort. The field's withstood an extended blast of OE, and shrugged off Starbreaker's initial attacks.)
*Also the same FF that allowed Booster to soak blasts from Trigon:
http://i.imgur.com/JjRNGWq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cv5CrXR.jpg

smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 12:23 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Re: Loebforce Rulk versus DOS Doomsday

Watching the shenanigans of cheerleaders like Sin tells me people are going to misinterpret things with all their might regardless of what I actually post here, so I'll keep it simple, as I THOUGHT my initial post originally made clear:

Red Hulk with his proper healing factor and energy absorbing abilities.
Versus Doomsday as he was in the Death of Superman storyline.

Speed equalized.
BFR on.

Who takes this?
How and why?

Originally posted by leonidas

i will say this at least--the rulk side has some ground to stand on here. there was a limit shown to the physical punishment dd could take. given the toon-force-esque powers of rulk in that specific time period, i don't think it's impossible for rulk to win this. i wouldn't give him odds--dd's too fast--but he could win i think. /shrug

... and as the above proves, even well-meaning people can read past fairly explicit statements, a point separate from the point made in paragraph 1.

So ... DOS feats only, Salsa.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 12:40 AM
carver9

Budging Booster isnt a ft. He tanked the attack.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 12:44 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

This still hurts your case though, as now we have a scene of DD staggering Gold past a FULL powered Force Field.

We also have a scene of Booster Gold, apparently WITHOUT force fields up, taking a punch from Big D:

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497487482573.jpg

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497487790475.jpg

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 12:55 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ That is an alternate Doomsday, btw:
http://i.imgur.com/OOnVXzF.jpg
"Here, on this different earth... This different time..."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 15th, 2017 at 01:05 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 01:03 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Re: Re: Loebforce Rulk versus DOS Doomsday

Watching the shenanigans of cheerleaders like Sin tells me people are going to misinterpret things with all their might regardless of what I actually post here, so I'll keep it simple, as I THOUGHT my initial post originally made clear:

... and as the above proves, even well-meaning people can read past fairly explicit statements, a point separate from the point made in paragraph 1.

So ... DOS feats only, Salsa.

We also have a scene of Booster Gold, apparently WITHOUT force fields up, taking a punch from Big D:

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497487482573.jpg

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497487790475.jpg

You say "DOS only" disqualifying comics that aren't from the DEATH OF SUPERMAN storyline yet use scans from the 2000's?

I'll be waiting for your mental gymnastics so you can avoid admitting your error just like you did when telling DarkSaint that you weren't aware Ross Rulk was replaced and he didn't tell until page 4 only for me to prove he posted it on page 1, and you first posted on page 2.

Last edited by Delta1938 on Jun 15th, 2017 at 01:24 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 01:21 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Doesn't matter either way. As I mentioned above: the version of Doomsday in his scans is from an alternate universe, thus cannot be used interchangeably with DoS DD. smile

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 01:26 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by Galan007
^ Doesn't matter either way. As I mentioned above: the version of Doomsday in his scans is from an alternate universe, thus cannot be used interchangeably with DoS DD. smile

My point is he said only scans from DOS can be used(so people can't use say from DOOMSDAY ANNUAL), then he goes and uses something not from DEATH OF SUPERMAN.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 01:29 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh I agree... It's a funny double-standard.

And it becomes even more fallacious, given that he is using an alternate version of the character as though its showings are relevant to the canon version. smile

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 01:32 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

It becomes even more fallacious, however, given that he is using an alternate version of the character as though its showings are relevant to the canon version. smile

This happened the other day.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Why are we ignoring the fact that current Red Hulk, Robert Maverick, is nowhere near Loeb force Rulk???

Probably because most people, myself and Damborgson included, had no idea Ross had been replaced as Red Hulk until you brought it up here, now, on page 4 of this thread.

Originally posted by Delta1938
Posted on page 1, before you posted on page 2.

Current Red Hulk, having to be rescued from Gorilla Man by Squirrel Girl:

(please log in to view the image)

Carver's problem is that he thinks only he knows Hulk.

I brought it up on page 1, as pointed out.

If you look on the second panel of the page quoted by Delta, you can even see that he's named.

Couple things:

Haven't seen anything yet that would change my mind on the above.

2. Despite anything DarkSaint may be posting to try to "get" Carver, Ross as written by Jeph Loeb is what most people think of when they think of Red Hulk, even as Bruce Banner is who most people the world over think of when "regular" Hulk is being talked about in discussion. There's not much reason to think the original poster of this thread, who has all of about 40 posts since 2013, most of them "bumps" of older threads relating to TV and movie mash-ups, had any idea some "Robert Maverick" took over the role when people who have been posting the better part of a decade or more didn't.

3. The popular image of Rulk is the one whose great strength made him a legitimate threat to Hulk and powerful enemies like Thor and Silver Surfer.

The reason FOR most of that great strength, however, was the ability to absorb various forms of energy. The latter, however, is not necessarily all that well-known. Is the Original Poster (OP) of this thread aware of this?

4. With all due respect to Salsa/KC/RaoKalEl/insertnamehere, I do not see how Doomsday managing to beat an energy being called Radiant gives useful information as to how a battle with an energy absorbing being (Loebforce Rulk) would go. The Hulk most of us are familiar with managed to shrug off what energy being Monica Rambeau (Marvel Comics' Captain Marvel from the Secret Wars era) threw at him, after all. Didn't predict how HIS early battles with Loebforce Rulk would go ...

Despite your extremely long post, what you or I interpret to be the OP's version is moot.

Forum rules specifically dictate that unless specified,we use the most current version.

Which is General Maverick.

OP has even logged in today, and hasn't made any edits - not that it would matter now.

If you, or Carver, or others didn't know Maverick was now Rulk, DESPITE me saying so on page 1....well, your ignorance has nothing to do with me.

Blue is just a more well written and articulated version of carter.

Last edited by Delta1938 on Jun 15th, 2017 at 01:41 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 01:37 AM
bluewaterrider

My point is he said only scans from DOS can be used(so people can't use say from DOOMSDAY ANNUAL), then he goes and uses something not from DEATH OF SUPERMAN.

And it becomes even more fallacious, given that he is using an alternate version of the character as though its showings are relevant to the canon version. smile

What's even more "hilarious" than that is the last 2 Booster Gold scans I gave were partially to HELP cdtm frame conquering BG's force field(s) as a strength feat for Doomsday.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 01:56 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

HELP him, lol? That's rich. thumb up

But anywho... Said showings are still relevant to Booster, given that HE'S the same, canon version who fought DoS DD.

The showings don't mean anything at all in regards to the canon version of DD, however. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 15th, 2017 at 02:08 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 02:00 AM
iceman24567

Its obvious Booster Gold put his shields up after he was hit leave carver alone

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 02:37 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

HELP him, lol? That's rich. thumb up

I post for a variety of reasons and not with just one purpose in mind.
Why would I NOT help cdtm frame his point more clearly?
As alluded to in your FIRST edit of this post of yours, it gives support to the idea of Doomsday having something in the strength department, but it ALSO shows us the absurdity of Booster Gold surviving a strike from a Superman-level character WITHOUT, apparently, the use of his force field, which had just been transferred over to DD and successfully broken.

Unfortunately you edited your FIRST version of this post before I could quote it. All I have now is this SECOND edit. I wonder why it's so different from your original post, which I have a screenshot of below?

Perhaps Galan posts with more than one goal in mind, too ...

But anywho... Said showings are still relevant to Booster, given that HE'S the same, canon version who fought DoS DD.

The showings don't mean anything at all in regards to the canon version of DD, however. smile

Glad to hear you say this. If this showing is canon for Booster Gold then it lends quite a bit of credence to the idea that Booster Gold's force fields VARY in strength as cdtm and somebody else mentioned before.

Attachment: image.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 02:48 AM
bluewaterrider

This happened the other day ...

Hey thanks for reminding me; TurboImageHost hasn't been allowing new uploads this evening, so I wanted to retrieve what I posted in response to Salsa's mention of "Radiant" over there.

I'll take it out of quotes so it'll be readily usable in this thread:

Salsa, I'm looking through Galan's posts. I'm not sure what you think he's mentioned that would give Doomsday the nod.

Coming back to this "Radiant" thing, though, I'll again point out that Hulk himself went against an energy being. Didn't have much affect.

Incredible Hulk #321, Hulk versus Monica Rambeau, aka then Captain Marvel, who tries virtually every form of energy at her disposal against Hulk, save gamma energy, to little discernible effect ...

... and then at another time tries gamma energy to little discernible effect:

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 03:02 AM