KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Loebforce Rulk versus DOS Doomsday

Loebforce Rulk versus DOS Doomsday
Started by: bluewaterrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

Been perusing some of Death of Superman again today.

Noticed a couple things that reinforce my beliefs; some of these noticed things I'll illustrate.

-- Doomsday tries for several pages to get out of a metal container.
To be fair, it could be a very strong metal. It takes him punch after punch to get through a single metal wall.

-- Doomsday fights with one arm.
Because he is restrained by a green suit.
Question: Why does he not remove the suit?
I can easily see a tactician like Ross using that against him.

-- Doomsday's first punch against Superman seems to have little, if any effect:

(please log in to view the image)

-- Doomsday's 1st kick has Superman wondering if he's ever been hit that hard.
It sends him through a house and into a tree. I've seen comparable-looking shots taken by Spider-Man; Spider-Man versus the Jameson Man-Wolf comes to mind:

-- Doomsday in this Death of Superman arc does not fly. In this sense, he is less formidable than one of the Doomsday clones we saw a few years ago, which did.
A tactician like Ross should be able to take advantage of this, even as Superman does, her by depositing Doomsday into the silt of a lakebed:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

-- As noted before, just a few posts prior, Doomsday gets knocked about by Maxima. She takes his punches in turn, welcoming the chance to trade with him. The Superman that endures DD's punches is knocked out by a gas explosion.

-- When the moment of the final battle arrives, the shockwaves from the blows are enough to shatter windows and apparently affect the street.
This is impressive, but onlookers even as close to the action as Lois and Jimmy are, rush to him immediately afterwards, relatively unscathed. By contrast, most of the observers of Rulk's fight with the original Abomination apparently died.

b(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

I found the following, incidentally, just randomly searching "9.0 Richter".
No, I don't put overmuch stock into real-world phenomena when discussing comics.

I'm not saying it should have much weight.

But it IS interesting, especially if the author that penned Rulk's Richter feat was aware of how powerful such a quake would actually be:

http://www.opb.org/news/series/unpr...90-earthquake-/

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 12:22 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

But Rulk's pants weren't disintegrated! Whereas Doomsday managed to shred his clothes!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 12:24 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

thumb up

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 12:31 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

@blue

"I'm not sure why. Xavier and his original X-Men team could probably take this version of the JLA down. They generally seem incompetent as a group."

Just stop it dude

This post just showed you are ill informed towards the topic. This less than the x men JLA team just defeated Starbreaker and had Superman and Maxima surviving Almeracs planet core!!!

Same writer!!! Who had this JLA defeating starbreaker is the same dude who by had Superman and Maxima surviving Almeracs core explosion but getting KOed by a gas station BECAUSE Doomsday was that much of a beast!!!

Read Dan Jurgens JLA run! Please! And stop making this obvious ill informed statements please.

Now. I Am off again. Not really in mood to debate. Hopefully I can get better over time smile have a good night guys. And hope i didn't offend you blue.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 03:10 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bluewaterrider

Is there anything in DOS to argue convincingly against this?

Yes.

A-bomb, as we all know, is powered by gamma radiation.

Rulk, is powered by his ability to amp.

His feat here, as mighty as it seems, is a direct result of him being able to amp off the energies of A-bomb.

Without said ability to amp?

He gets beaten upby Namor. By Iron Man. By Thor. Choked out by Wonderman:
Kicked around by Shang Chi:

Whilst this thread has Rulk given back his (long-gone) ability to amp off others, DoS Doomsday does not give off the energies that would amp him.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 09:37 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Maybe I should make a thread called:

Rulk replaces Starbreaker in Justice League America #64-65.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 09:41 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yes, but Rulk is specifically from that one issue where he punches out the Watcher, no other showings are allowed.

He also gets energy absorption levels equalised up with Starbreaker, so he gets to pull energy from distant stars.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 09:44 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Also I will like to see if legitimately Robin could defeat Hulk in a fight.

To achieve this I won't handicap Hulk to Robin's strength, but in the spirit of not being perceived as biased against the Hulk if I handicap him I will only increase Robin's stats to Hulk's levels. This way, we will have a legitimate fight in which of course the winner will be clear.

Also as a side note. I will like to compare an explosion of Almerac's planet core to a gas station explosion on earth the explosion on the planet's core basically woke up a depowered Superman while the gas station KO ed a full powered Superman who happens to have been battling The Monster known as Doomsday, but I will leave that all out of context because logically a gas station explosion is more powerful than a planet core explosion and I am 100% sure battling Doomsday had nothing to do with it. Even though this two episodes happened under the same writer with in 6 months! They are completely unrelated and like I said logically a gas station explosion is orders of magnitude more powerful than a planet's core explosion.

So yeah don't accuse me of handicapping Hulk I am only Bolstering Robin's power level.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 12:34 PM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
@blue

"I'm not sure why. Xavier and his original X-Men team could probably take this version of the JLA down. They generally seem incompetent as a group."

Just stop it dude

This post just showed you are ill informed towards the topic. This less than the x men JLA team just defeated Starbreaker and had Superman and Maxima surviving Almeracs planet core!!!

Same writer!!! Who had this JLA defeating starbreaker is the same dude who by had Superman and Maxima surviving Almeracs core explosion but getting KOed by a gas station BECAUSE Doomsday was that much of a beast!!!

Read Dan Jurgens JLA run! Please! And stop making this obvious ill informed statements please.

Now. I Am off again. Not really in mood to debate. Hopefully I can get better over time smile have a good night guys. And hope i didn't offend you blue.

1. Not offended. The phrasing "ill-informed" is a LOT more polite than what DarkSaint or Delta used. And even their wording is more civil than what Galan's been using as of late. Moreover, knowing that people try to use such tactics and language to try to rattle people, I generally make it my business to ignore such things, unless it gets unusually offensive, in which case I simply report it. Things normally don't get to that level with me, though.
Nevertheless, I appreciate your taking a moment to write what you did.

2. I will gladly corroborate the implied assertion that Starbreaker is a threat beyond what Xavier and the Original X-Men were generally used to facing.

However, I still adhere to my assertions.

For this version of the Justice League was NOT particularly well-coordinated, and they did NOT show themselves to be particularly competent compared to what we often see from, say, the X-Men versus Magneto, or Xavier and the X-Men versus Juggernaut.
Maxima all by herself offers a perfect snapshot of the difference.
She tries to go it alone, and not because no one else is capable, but because her own pride as a warrior drives her to do so. That same pride almost has her leave a teammate to die, until pleading from another whom Maxima feels obligated to changes her mind. When she eventually resumes her engagement with Doomsday, she is heedless of innocents, engages in a near mindless slugfest in which she even warns Superman away, and eventually knocks herself AND her teammate out by not considering WHERE they are fighting and what has just occurred. Even Wolverine rarely brought THAT level of hindrance to his allies.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 07:21 PM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

He gets beaten up by Namor.
By Iron Man.
By Thor.
Choked out by Wonderman:

I'd be interested in knowing the circumstances for some of these fights. Namor has had drowning victories over people stronger than himself, for instance. Thor via Mjolnir. Iron Man has tech enough to take on even Magneto, bad as that matchup should theoretically be for him, and, if memory serves, took down even the first Worldbreaker incarnation of hulk, to close out the original World War Hulk saga, in WWH #5.

As for Wonderman, that character is a LOT stronger than most people think, and has gotten a huge push in relatively recent years, and was a powerhouse even before then:

One-punched Thor?

And Rogue, who debuted by stealing some of Thor's power, and had handled the power of Green Hulk himself without undue problems, when SHE decided to try to handle Wonderman's power, despite her now extensive fight training and history:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

More information, please. Losing to Wonderman, at least, doesn't preclude winning against much of anyone these days ...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 09:12 PM
carver9

Love those Wonderman and Rogue scans. That was amazing.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 10:18 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

You forgot Shang-Chi....

I also note that the main point of the post, that without his amping he is less than impressive, was edited out of your reply.

I wonder why?

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 10:27 PM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 10:24 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You forgot Shang-Chi....

You think Loebforce Rulk was heavier or knew how to fly or what? He was still fine in the next panel, lol.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 10:39 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Yes.

A-bomb, as we all know, is powered by gamma radiation.

Rulk, is powered by his ability to amp.

His feat here, as mighty as it seems, is a direct result of him being able to amp off the energies of A-bomb.

Without said ability to amp?

He gets beaten upby Namor. By Iron Man. By Thor. Choked out by Wonderman:
Kicked around by Shang Chi:

Whilst this thread has Rulk given back his (long-gone) ability to amp off others, DoS Doomsday does not give off the energies that would amp him.

Yay, chi amp kicking a Hulk. Who needs Iron Fist anymore? sad

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 10:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

@Blue

I think We are reading complete different comics. This team failed in dealing with DD because DD was just on another level of unpredictable brutality.

There was no plan on DD's mind just plain rage with out rhyme or reason.

There was a plan in Starbreaker's mind, there was a plan on weapons master mind. They just ruin those plans.

Defeating starbreaker will take more team effort, IMO. This has been shown over and over again historically.

So I am really not buying the idea that this team will be out performed by the xmen to be honest.

Just Gardner or Maxima alone will be more than enough to take on a team add Superman and Bloodwynd and it just gets ridiculuos.

Here please, read those comics. You really need to read them

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Jus...sue-63?id=60894

You can choose any issue and read it.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 11:38 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
@Blue

I think We are reading complete different comics.

That's how it always feels with blue... linking him won't help, btw.

But at least he's fighting the good fight here, being loyal to Marvel. I'm proud.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 11:51 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

But at least he's fighting the good fight here, being loyal to Marvel. I'm proud.

Yes I know.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 12:00 AM
TheHulkster

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Congratulations on hijacking that thread, despite admitting you knew the OP meant someone entirely different, to safely insult Carver and myself, Dark.
That was reasonably skillful work.

In the meantime, though, I DO want to see if anyone can make a strong case for DD on his Death of Superman feats. The further this thread progresses, the less I believe he does, for the only counters have come from speed, which I specified would be equalized here, and retcons that came after DOS.

Gonna post a link to Rulk's respect thread on this forum, one, for convenience, two, to allow people the chance to predict where I might go argument-wise and the showings they'll need to counter:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t490624.html

Now, since I don't have my own TurboImage illustration of the Rulk punchquake

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Rick as A-Bomb survived this 9-on-the-Richter-Scale punch.
Judging from the level of punching a nearly exhausted Superman put Doomsday down with, I say Rulk scores a win against DD by knockout if not outright takeout.

Is there anything in DOS to argue convincingly against this?

It actually reaches richter 10. That, along with leeching off of DDs solar energy reserves would be devastating to DD.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 12:53 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Someone needs to be. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 01:23 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote