KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Life On Other Planets? Is Earth Unique?

Life On Other Planets? Is Earth Unique?
Started by: JesusLovesYou

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Lol, the proof is overwhelming from multiple disciplines and Darwin's original understanding has continued to be confirmed the more that is discovered. And in fact, no evidence has been revealed that contradicts it. Believe it or not, the Bible's account of creation has not held up to scrutiny and even in court it collapsed without sufficient evidence. Why you deny this I don't know. It's simple fact.

Lol, so why doesn't he? He is either impotent or evil. So why call him God?

Why doesn't He? Are you serious? The ANSWER is in the same paragraph.

Why call Him God? God is God whether we CALL Him God or not.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_A7it_Mtk06Zo_pPB5ayGiUnsRxtgSUDvsqjxOk3SMg/edit

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 11:24 PM
JesusLovesYou is currently offline Click here to Send JesusLovesYou a Private Message Find more posts by JesusLovesYou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

That is why it's faith, because there is no proof. It's belief without evidence. Isn't that what makes Christianity what it is... after all, if there was proof then you wouldn't be so pious for believing it now would you? Faith, according to you, is a virtue.

Of course I feel otherwise.

No, that's NOT why it is called faith.

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE of things not seen.

Did you get that? FAITH is the EVIDENCE.

But Faith is ONLY the evidence of things that exist in the SPIRIT; things that cannot be PERCEIVED THROUGH THE FIVE SENSES (unless God permits someone too see or perceive spiritual things)

You are right. Faith is also a virtue.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_A7it_Mtk06Zo_pPB5ayGiUnsRxtgSUDvsqjxOk3SMg/edit

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 11:31 PM
JesusLovesYou is currently offline Click here to Send JesusLovesYou a Private Message Find more posts by JesusLovesYou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yes that's what I'm saying my dude. In such a vast galaxy with the scientific laws we have, the fact that life exists on earth is a weak teleological argument relative to pointing out the ordering and fine-tuning of scientific law itself.

The fact that life exists on earth is as STRONG an argument, as the fine-tuning of the universe--because life on Earth cannot exist without it. But the fine-tuning in turn exists for the sake of life, so they go hand-in-hand.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 11:36 PM
SamZED

Whoever came up with the name for the Dead sea simply didn't posses the means / technology to discover the microbial life in it. Now, there are billions of stars with who knows how many planets light years away. Humans never really made it past the moon (other than space probes). Right now there's no proof that life exists on other planets, but it's not like we looked all that far. So it's impossible to answer the question with absolute certainty. The odds of life existing on other planets are pretty good though considering the vastness of space and the number of planets that are similar to earth.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 09:20 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by JesusLovesYou
No, that's NOT why it is called faith.

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE of things not seen.

Did you get that? FAITH is the EVIDENCE.

You realize that faith isn't actual evidence, though, right?

But Faith is ONLY the evidence of things that exist in the SPIRIT; things that cannot be PERCEIVED THROUGH THE FIVE SENSES (unless God permits someone too see or perceive spiritual things)

So actually what that means is that you can make up whatever shit you want and because you believe in it, it's true. Which is essentially what the writers of the Bible did. That's a big problem philosophically, and if you can't see that you're actually quite spiritually corrupted.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 12:36 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by SamZED
Whoever came up with the name for the Dead sea simply didn't posses the means / technology to discover the microbial life in it. Now, there are billions of stars with who knows how many planets light years away. Humans never really made it past the moon (other than space probes). Right now there's no proof that life exists on other planets, but it's not like we looked all that far. So it's impossible to answer the question with absolute certainty. The odds of life existing on other planets are pretty good though considering the vastness of space and the number of planets that are similar to earth.

But...that's a PRESUMPTION. There's NO reason to believe that life exists on any other planet.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 03:42 PM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by Beniboybling
It was written by the greatest heathen of all, Charlie Darwin. sad

Well, ACTUALLY, Darwin went to Christ's College at Cambridge University to become an ANGLICAN PARSON (i.e. CLERGYMAN) under the Church of England.

Click http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f80/t643480.html

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 03:48 PM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Because scientists are using amazing technology to explore our universe, and have discovered many Earth-like planets potentially capable of sustaining life?

You don't find that the least bit in intriguing?

But yeah, kinda sad that you would close your mind to the possibility of life outside our solar system when folks are making discoveries like this.

quote:
Because scientists are using amazing technology to explore our universe, and have discovered many Earth-like planets potentially capable of sustaining life?

There are NO such animals as “Earth-like” planets (as far as I am concerned). Earth is ONE-OF-A-KIND. It is the ONLY planet abundantly inhabited, thriving, and teeming with biodiverse life.

quote:
You don't find that the least bit in intriguing?

Nope.

You see, I ALREADY KNOW the outcome. I am CONFIDENT that they will NOT find one iota of life anywhere other than on EARTH because God created EARTH to be INHABITED (He said so in His Book, the Bible)—NOT any other planet.

quote:
But yeah, kinda sad that you would close your mind to the possibility of life outside our solar system when folks are making discoveries like this.

My mind is not closed. It is open to the TRUTH. I believe my Heavenly Father’s WORD. He says that He created EARTH to be INHABITED—NOT Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, or any other so-called planet.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 04:02 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well, ACTUALLY, Darwin went to Christ's College at Cambridge University to become an ANGLICAN PARSON (i.e. CLERGYMAN) under the Church of England.

Lol.. what is your point? That doesn't change the fact that his observations and predictions continue to be confirmed to this day. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 04:02 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
You and me both know we all come from the black goo bro.

@JesusLovesYou was Jesus an engineer?

That is the height of FOOLISHNESS.

You can believe that YOU came from "black goo", but I KNOW better.

I already TOLD you in a reply Who the Lord Jesus is.

Here it is again:

The Lord Jesus is a Person. He is fully God, and fully Man/Human. The Bible is about Him from Genesis through Revelation. The four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) focus on His early life, ministry, service, love, compassion, and goodness.

Click on link http://www.reasons.org/articles/art...ty-of-the-bible

For "extra-biblical" evidence of the Lord Jesus' existence, click the link and scroll down to:

"Hostile Non-Biblical Pagan Witnesses

There are a number of ancient classical accounts of Jesus from pagan Greek sources.

These accounts are generally hostile to Christianity and try to explain away the miraculous nature of Jesus and the events that surrounded his life. Let’s look at these hostile accounts and see what they tell us about Jesus:"

" Is There Any Evidence for Jesus Outside the Bible?

Click http://coldcasechristianity.com/201...side-the-bible/

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 04:08 PM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

The logic of Christianity...

(please log in to view the image)

That is NOT the logic of Christianity. That is YOUR EXCUSE for failing to meet God’s standard of righteousness, which is the Lord Jesus Christ—NOT your comparisons to other people who you feel you are “more good” than.

You see, God did NOT make anyone a sinner. All of us CHOSE (and CHOOSE EVERYDAY) to sin, and disobey God. People WILLFULLY DECIDE to lie, steal, cheat, get drunk, have sex outside of marriage, get high, sell drugs, murder, rape, prostitute their bodies, molest children, assault someone, violate local, state, and federal laws, start wars, engage in occult activities like calling and/or visiting psychics, getting their palms read, using mediums in an attempt to contact or talk to some dead loved one, but they are really talking to demons (i.e. familiar spirits) who are impersonating their deceased family member, practice sorcery, witchcraft, use Ouija Boards and Tarot Cards, sell their souls to the devil, enslave people etc.

God does NOT make anyone do any of those things. In fact, God prohibits us (in His Word, the Bible) from committing sin.

All God did was give people a FREE WILL, so that they could FREELY CHOOSE to love and serve Him, and other people—so that they would NOT be AUTOMATONS (just doing what we were PROGRAMMED to do). But you want to BLAME God for YOUR failures. You are FULLY CAPABLE of obeying God. You just CHOOSE not to.

Why don’t you use your free will to obey God, instead of using your free will to indulge your flesh in sin and disobedience to God? Why don’t you stop PASSING THE BUCK and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for YOUR OWN ACTIONS? No one puts a gun to your head everyday and forces you to sin, right? So what’s your excuse for sinning?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 04:32 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

No one puts a gun to your head everyday and forces you to sin, right? So what’s your excuse for sinning?

Cream-filled donuts are just too good. evil face smokin' roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 04:57 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Loving the new profile pic Patient Leech

Davy Jones is BAMF

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 04:59 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

So actually what that means is that you can make up whatever shit you want and because you believe in it, it's true. Which is essentially what the writers of the Bible did. That's a big problem philosophically, and if you can't see that you're actually quite spiritually corrupted.

quote:

It IS to a believer. Faith is the EVIDENCE of THINGS NOT SEEN. It is like a receipt. The receipt is not the ACTUAL thing that it is the receipt OF. But it is the EVIDENCE or PROOF of the thing that it is the receipt of.

You see, just because something cannot be PERCEIVED through the five senses, that does not mean that it is not real, or that it does not exist. But there are a number of things that cannot be perceived through the five senses that exist and are real. For example, humans CANNOT see, hear, taste, feel or smell radio waves without converting them to mechanical vibrations—but they exist and are real. We cannot SEE wind. We can ONLY see the EFFECT of wind, but we cannot SEE wind. Yet, wind exists and is just as real as radio waves.

Again, just because we cannot PERCEIVE the existence of something through our five (natural) senses, that does NOT mean that that “something” (whatever it is) does not exist (i.e. in the SPIRIT). There are things that exist in the spirit (e.g. God, Heaven, angels, the devil, demons, Hell, etc.) but, just like radio waves and wind, we (just) cannot perceive them with our five senses (unless God PERMITS us to). However, we CAN perceive their EFFECTS. This is the case with Christians claiming that they “felt” the Presence of God somewhere (such as near them, or in a room, car, building etc.).

These things happen ALL THE TIME in Christianity. Or a person claiming that they “saw” something in their house (like a door, window, or other object) open, close, or fall to the floor by itself; or a person who is not suffering from schizophrenia, or some drug-induced hallucination claiming that they “heard” a voice speaking to them. These things happen regularly in various occult arenas/practices. They all KNOW the spirit (realm/dimension) exists and is REAL.

quote:

You know what? Your problem is NOT the Bible. Your problem is your RELUCTANCE to EXAMINE the FACTS surrounding the Bible.

I have repeatedly given you EVIDENCE that IRREFUTABLY PROVES that the Bible is the Word of God (such as all of the SCIENTIFIC FACTS contained in It that were revealed THOUSDANDS and HUNDREDS of years BEFORE modern scientists discovered them—AND some PROPHECIES that predicted events THOUSDANDS and HUNDREDS of years BEFORE they happened).

I don’t think you REALLY WANT to know the TRUTH.

I think you just want to justify your sin, so that you can keep on sinning.

Because if you really wanted to KNOW the Truth—you would FOCUS ON, and SCRUTINIZE my EVIDENCE.

Just click on the links and scroll down.

http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html (SCIENTIFIC FACTS KNOWN THOUSANDS AND HUNDREDS OF YEARS BEFORE MODERN SCIENTISTS FOUND OUT ABOUT THEM)

http://www.reasons.org/articles/art...ty-of-the-bible (PROPHECIES THAT PREDICTED FUTURE EVENTS THOUSANDS AND HUNDREDS OF YEARS BEFORE THEY HAPPENED 1)

http://aboutbibleprophecy.com/messianic.htm (PROPHECIES THAT PREDICTED FUTURE EVENTS THOUSANDS AND HUNDREDS OF YEARS BEFORE THEY HAPPENED 2)

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 05:31 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

That is the height of FOOLISHNESS.

You can believe that YOU came from "black goo", but I KNOW better.

I already TOLD you in a reply Who the Lord Jesus is.

Here it is again:

The Lord Jesus is a Person. He is fully God, and fully Man/Human. The Bible is about Him from Genesis through Revelation. The four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) focus on His early life, ministry, service, love, compassion, and goodness.

Click on link http://www.reasons.org/articles/art...ty-of-the-bible

For "extra-biblical" evidence of the Lord Jesus' existence, click the link and scroll down to:

"Hostile Non-Biblical Pagan Witnesses

There are a number of ancient classical accounts of Jesus from pagan Greek sources.

These accounts are generally hostile to Christianity and try to explain away the miraculous nature of Jesus and the events that surrounded his life. Let’s look at these hostile accounts and see what they tell us about Jesus:"

" Is There Any Evidence for Jesus Outside the Bible?

Click http://coldcasechristianity.com/201...side-the-bible/
Talking to me like that is height of foolishness. What proof do you have that I am not Jesus himself?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 05:35 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Loving the new profile pic Patient Leech

Davy Jones is BAMF

Thanks. Yeah, Davy Jones is a beast. Bill Nighy is awesome.

There are things that exist in the spirit (e.g. God, Heaven, angels, the devil, demons, Hell, etc.)

Yeah, if you could stop spreading ridiculous bullshit like this, that'd be great. Children don't know any better and will believe you... and then the bullshit continues.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 05:49 PM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Lol.. what is your point? That doesn't change the fact that his observations and predictions continue to be confirmed to this day. roll eyes (sarcastic)

NOT true.

All Darwin did was reaffirm what is SUPPOSED to happen. But he called it evolution.

For example, what evolutionists (and some Christians) call "microevolution", is NOT evolution at all. It is the LAW OF INHERITANCE and REPRODUCTION (or PROCREATION).

In other words, it is the term used to describe organisms REPRODUCING AFTER, ACCORDING TO, or CONSISTENT WITH—THEIR KIND. All life reproduces according to it's "kind," just like the Bible "revealed" thousands of years ago, and before modern science discovered it.

Apples reproduce apples (and ALL of the variety WITHIN the APPLE KIND).

Dogs reproduce dogs (and ALL of the variety WITHIN the DOG KIND).

Roses reproduce roses (and ALL of the variety WITHIN the ROSE KIND).

Bacteria reproduces bacteria (and ALL of the variety WITHIN the BACTERIA KIND).
Dinosaurs reproduce dinosaurs (and ALL of the variety WITHIN the DINOSAUR KIND).

Humans reproduce humans (and ALL of the variety WITHIN the HUMAN KIND, such as various ETHNICITIES).

But NONE OF THAT is microevolution or evolution.

It is just GENETIC VARIETY.

But genetic variety is SUPPOSED to happen because of the VARIETY INHERENT in the GENE POOL of an organism’s GENOME. But that variety ONLY occurs within the SAME KIND (or FAMILY) that the organism belongs to.

This is a SCIENTIFIC FACT—and the BIBLE revealed it THOUSANDS OF YEARS BEFORE MODERN SCIENTISTS DISCOVERED IT.

But the LIE that all life descended from a common ancestor has NEVER been proven (and it never will because it is NOT true).

Scientists REPEATEDLY OBSERVE organisms reproduce according to their KIND (without fail or even one exception, every day)—just like the Bible revealed THOUSANDS of years before biology and taxonomy were invented.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 06:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is what really really bugs me about Christians because in the end this is not even about faith it is about ego. Yet the meek are supposed to inherit the Earth, correct?

An all powerful God could easily whip up a universe where lifeforms have the potential to grow and evolve into intelligent beings. An all powerful God could include many many Earth like planets throughout the universe. Don't even make the mistake of assuming all intelligent life would require an Earth like planet to evolve on either.

So it's not about God, but ego, and why? Because they are no longer special, no longer the center of the universe. Most would probably prefer science proves God isn't real over science finding life on other planets. Since it would mean if God IS real then, like I said, they just aren't that special and he probably doesn't give a f*ck about any individual species. So I feel they'd rather he not exist then feel he exists and they just aren't important to him.

The quote from Constantine of "God's a kid with an ant farm lady" applies. If you had an ant farm, would you give a shit if a couple of the ants wiped each other out? Hell, would you even notice?

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 21st, 2017 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 06:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Talking to me like that is height of foolishness. What proof do you have that I am not Jesus himself?

I have faith you are Jesus, and faith is proof according to him. What is he going to do now?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 07:45 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by Surtur
This is what really really bugs me about Christians because in the end this is not even about faith it is about ego. Yet the meek are supposed to inherit the Earth, correct?

An all powerful God could easily whip up a universe where lifeforms have the potential to grow and evolve into intelligent beings. An all powerful God could include many many Earth like planets throughout the universe. Don't even make the mistake of assuming all intelligent life would require an Earth like planet to evolve on either.

So it's not about God, but ego, and why? Because they are no longer special, no longer the center of the universe. Most would probably prefer science proves God isn't real over science finding life on other planets. Since it would mean if God IS real then, like I said, they just aren't that special and he probably doesn't give a f*ck about any individual species. So I feel they'd rather he not exist then feel he exists and they just aren't important to him.

The quote from Constantine of "God's a kid with an ant farm lady" applies. If you had an ant farm, would you give a shit if a couple of the ants wiped each other out? Hell, would you even notice?

quote:

Ego?

I have researched all that I have researched, studied all that I have studied, compiled all that I have compiled, and written all that I have written, to help you all COME TO A KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH. What does ego have to do with any of this?

Yes, the meek (which are born again Christians who have HUMBLED THEMSELVES IN THE SIGHT OF THE LORD by CONFESSING Jesus Christ as Lord, endeavoring to obey and do His Word, and acknowledging that GOD created the universe, and every GOOD thing in it)—as opposed to going around BLASPHEMING God by giving credence, glory, and credit to the devil’s naturalistic explanations for where the universe, stars, Earth, and ALL biodiverse life came from (i.e. the God-blaspheming LIES referred to as the big bang, primordial soup, and evolutionary LIES).

quote:

But He DIDN’T.

He created life the way that HIS WORD says that He created life. Why in the world would God use a BACKWARDS, INFERIOR, satanically-inspired PROCESS like a primordial soup to create life?

Also, God made ONE inhabitable planet—NOT multiple.

I’m glad too, because it just REINFORCES the TRUTH OF THE BIBLE which says that God created the EARTH to be inhabited.

quote:

Uh, actually, God SO LOVED THE WORLD, that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should NOT perish, but have EVERLASTING LIFE.

So we are VERY VALUABLE (i.e. VERY SPECIAL) to God.

Most people would prefer to REJECT THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, DIE AND BURN IN HELL, than to BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, DIE AND ENJOY THE BLESSINGS OF HEAVEN TOO—that does not make them right and Christians wrong?

Just HOW would science disprove God?

Okay, SCIENCE can go right ahead. But SCIENCE cannot use ANY of God’s CREATION, OR LAWS to do so. Science cannot use CAUSE AND EFFECT, WORDS, SPEECH, LOGIC, REASON, MATHEMATICS, RATIONALITY, ANY PRE-EXISTENT MATTER, HUMAN BRAINS (which He created, by the way), NONE of the 11 INTERDEPENDENT, COMPLEX SYSTEMS WITHIN THE HUMAN BODY either, CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS, LANGUAGE, COSMOLOGY, or any other scientific discipline or created thing.

You see, ALL of those things (and perhaps MANY MORE that I have not mentioned) belong to God.

quote:

God’s NOT a kid.

Nuff said.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 09:11 PM