KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Plot Points...

Plot Points...
Started by: Sin I AM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Plot Points...

Not sure if this"ll work but what the hell

Hey i wanted to try something different. Ive been taking some creative writing classes and im fresh out of ideas. Anyway in the class one method we use for writers block is a roundtable discussion where one person tosses out an intro to a scene whilst another expands on it, for example;

You are a wizards apprentice in a fantasy world. As the master sorcereress is prepping a powerful spell, you accidently hand her the wrong vial. Suddenly the Wraith. Death's Edge an eldritch abomination from the ethers appears and takes her away. Her spell book lies gleaming on the floor.

^^that's it. The next poster would continue the story. I only ask to keep it linear and move forward whilst adhering to the initial plot. If the the next poster decides to abruptly end it then i ask simply to craft another story in its place. You could also place well known fictional chars in the mix for cbvf sakes. If anyone is interested go ahead and post. Just keep it civil

Heres another in case you all dont care for the first.

You hire a female prostitute, tell her to meet you at a fancy restaurant, and ask her to pretend to be your colleague from the bank. Hire a male prostitute, and tell him the same thing. You sit at a table next to theirs and listen to their conversation.

Kinda wanna hear/read some good creative posts so if you guys dont care for it dont bait/troll....thx😙😙

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 09:25 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

...this book had always been a mystery to me. An enigmatic grimoire containing secrets galore. In my state of shock at what I have just viewed I pick up the book in desperation to find anything that could help. To my shock I discover she had been attempting to call upon creatures beyond the pale. For what reason I am still not sure.

===

That's for the first one. Would do more but I didn't want to make it more difficult for the next person. That 2nd one was a bit of a surprise laughing out loud. I'd have to think about that one.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 10:00 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ever read "the mysteries of harris burdick"? if you're stuck and need a push, give it a try. it's a kids book that has been inspiring stories for about 30 years or so.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 12:06 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
...this book had always been a mystery to me. An enigmatic grimoire containing secrets galore. In my state of shock at what I have just viewed I pick up the book in desperation to find anything that could help. To my shock I discover she had been attempting to call upon creatures beyond the pale. For what reason I am still not sure.

===

That's for the first one. Would do more but I didn't want to make it more difficult for the next person. That 2nd one was a bit of a surprise laughing out loud. I'd have to think about that one.

Thx scot. I didnt think anyone would respond (this really isnt the place and i was curious) anyway ill add to your prompt

Knowing nothing else to do the young apprentice reached for the tome. Every page was tattered and black save one. An ancient spell that enchanted armor. Grabbing the sturdiest metal armor he could find he placed it on and recited the spell." is mise iarann, stàilinn is mise, is mise fear de mheatailt. Fused with the new life force Anthony set off to rescue his master.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
ever read "the mysteries of harris burdick"? if you're stuck and need a push, give it a try. it's a kids book that has been inspiring stories for about 30 years or so.

👍

Thx ill try it. I was just tossing out thread ideas to change up the monotony of the forum. Nothing major...if it dies it dies lpl

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 06:06 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Then he fought some goblins, and won. The end.

Alas, as is the case with most his age and sex, Anthony was still too young, too inexperienced. In itself, this would not have posed a problem - but the apprentice was also cursed with the impatience and arrogance of his youth.

Had he paid more attention in lessons, instead of daydreaming of dragon slaying (and the rescue of Rosie, the local tavern wench who had definitely smiled at him in a way she surely reserved only for the most special of people), he would have remembered the words of his master.

Words which expressly forbade the use of said spell. All magic has a price, after all, and this one was especially dear.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Jun 19th, 2017 at 06:42 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 06:39 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuleecat

"Anthony, my young apprentice..."

The words came drifting back through the haze of time.

"Anthony, whatever you do, you are forbidden to use the Ancient Spell of Mise Iarann, the Binding of the Enchanted Armour. For there is a terrible price to be paid for the wearer. Do you hear me, boy? Are you listening? Damn your eyes, put down that mirror and leave your hair alone...!"

Now, years later, as he grimaced at himself in the mirror of the tavern privy and thought of Rosie the buxom tavern wench lolling voluptuously behind the bar, he cursed himself for not heeding his master's warning.

The colossal zit on the end of his nose was growing bigger by the second...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 07:40 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote