KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Doc Samson Vs Wolverine

Doc Samson Vs Wolverine
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Let's assume Samshot can indeed one-shot Logan... in a non-bfr scenario --- okay, then he needs some SERIOUS speed. He doesn't have it.

Wolverine does. And the claws that went right through Terminus and penetrated Gladiator's shoulder and Hulk's skull can surely one-shot Samson.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 06:39 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -K-M-
Actually as noted by wolverine he has died HUNDREDS of times. Every time he died he fought Lazaer and if Wolverine defeated him, he got to come back to life. He eventually lost this immortality and wolverine commented his healing factor was diminished. Drowning could always kill him as he noted but don't see Sampson using that here

Now on that note. I do think wolverine can win this

I think he can, too.

I'm (personally) just commenting on some of the outrageous claims being made, like he never gets hit, or just going to beat Samson down in a fist fight, sans claws.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 07:02 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Ok. Logan ftw.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 07:03 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by leonidas
yeah i don't really find this thread to be even debatable tbh. logan has also downed the abomination iirc. samson has essentially no shot, not if we go by comics and accumulated feats. /shrug

If you're going there, Samson has KOd the hilk (with context). Wolverine has been KOd by much less power than that.

(please log in to view the image)

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qi...2d492c29d15bff3

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 07:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

yeah i don't really find this thread to be even debatable tbh. logan has also downed the abomination iirc. samson has essentially no shot, not if we go by comics and accumulated feats. /shrug
the only reason it's still being debated is because any time a wolverine vs thread comes out, at least one poster says "No. Logan getting hit by a 100 tonner would kill him!" in spite of all of the showings to the contrary. Several posters then proceed to jump on the bandwagon and say "yeah, one punch will leave him without his skin!" and they proceed to back this up by providing scans without the context, low showings, and generally bringing real world logic into a comic book debate.

I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just letting you know what the pattern is.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 11:47 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by riv6672
If you're going there, Samson has KOd the hilk (with context). Wolverine has been KOd by much less power than that.

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qi...2d492c29d15bff3

and he's easily tanked more than that too--too many times to ignore.

sure samson has a couple decent showings. no one is saying he doesn't. but if you go the route you just did he REALLY has no shot because you're choosing to look at his best feats. if we go by best feats samson gets utterly and completely buried. if we look at their respect averages, logan kills him without all that much trouble. his showings against bricks is simply too telling, as are his feats. for samson to have any chance here we literally have to ignore....dozens upon dozens of logan's feats. and i'm not talking about his best ones. samson has no great healing feats even to try and keep him in this. like i said, he really doesn't stand almost any chance here, barring flat out ignoring logan's history. /shrug

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 12:28 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emu

He said 'beat' not 'kill'.
But i get that didnt fit your narrative, so you ignored it for your rant.

'lol'
This is Doc Samson we're talking about here. He punches moderately hard.

So when I read ' a thousand ways to beat' yeah, I went a little hysterical and ranted a bit.

But until I bring reality and math into the discussion thumb up

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 01:50 AM
emu is currently offline Click here to Send emu a Private Message Find more posts by emu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emu

At Deathslash thumb up

Last edited by emu on Jun 21st, 2017 at 02:10 AM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 02:00 AM
emu is currently offline Click here to Send emu a Private Message Find more posts by emu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Let's assume Samshot can indeed one-shot Logan... in a non-bfr scenario --- okay, then he needs some SERIOUS speed. He doesn't have it.

Wolverine does. And the claws that went right through Terminus and penetrated Gladiator's shoulder and Hulk's skull can surely one-shot Samson.
Good argument. The problem is he does have speed. He can generate faster than bullet speed punches. Barring PIS, Logan is not dodging that type of speed.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 03:18 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emu

Originally posted by h1a8
Good argument. The problem is he does have speed. He can generate faster than bullet speed punches. Barring PIS, Logan is not dodging that type of speed.
laughing

Even if you are right, Logan doesn't have to dodge. He takes it and retaliates.
If his claws are out Doc dies.

For KMC's sake, read Wolverine #1 onwards.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 04:01 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Gorgon DID kick Wolvey to Georgia...

But yeah, someone as smart as Doc SHOULD be able to figure it out. Whether he is fast enough, though, is another matter.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lol they speak english there?

I've encountered many people from all over Europe who speak perfectly competent English as a second language, so it's certainly plausible. I'd be scratching my head more that Wolverine didn't notice the accent than the farmer happens to speak English.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 04:09 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by emu
This is Doc Samson we're talking about here. He punches moderately hard.

So when I read ' a thousand ways to beat' yeah, I went a little hysterical and ranted a bit.

But until I bring reality and math into the discussion thumb up

Yeah, you were wrong. I got that part.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 05:27 AM
riv6672

and he's easily tanked more than that too--too many times to ignore.

sure samson has a couple decent showings. no one is saying he doesn't.

Actually the implication has been, he doesnt.
Of course ppl are also claiming Wolverine doesnt get hit, and could beat Samson up with just his fists.

The scans i posted were just in response to leonidas' huge low balls.
Just to show outrageous claims work both ways.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 05:32 AM
emu

Yeah, you were wrong. I got that part.
Thanks for schooling me.
Let me know when you know anything about anything else.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 05:53 AM
riv6672

thumb up

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 05:59 AM
emu

Christ lol

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 06:11 AM
emu

Just realised riv has a thing for Leo's balls.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 06:17 AM
Horrificus

How many bricks has Logan killed?

More specifically, how many bricks of the 70 ton level and above?
Anyone? Anyone?

Or, simply defeated? Im just curious.

Funny thing... I had conceded and decided that Logan takes this match. But, the more emu contributes, the more Im thinking I was correct in backing Samson.

Last edited by Horrificus on Jun 21st, 2017 at 07:24 AM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 07:10 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

He has that effect. Might be the almost constant use of 'lol'. Hard to take someone seriously who's perpetually giggling to and at himself.
Ever see that in RL? Creepy.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 08:36 AM
emu

Lulz.

C'mon guys, don't be like that. Just read a Wolverine comic or two.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 09:06 AM