KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Rebels Vader and Rebels Maul vs Rebels Ahsoka and Ben Kenobi (Read OP)

Rebels Vader and Rebels Maul vs Rebels Ahsoka and Ben Kenobi (Read OP)
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Rebels Vader and Rebels Maul vs Rebels Ahsoka and Ben Kenobi (Read OP)

Round 1: Standard Fight
Round 2: Samurai Fight- who wins? how many moves?

Does Vader-ken lead his team to victory? Or can Ahsoka-san and Kenochi prevail?

Note: Combatants have prior knowledge of each other

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Jun 19th, 2017 at 10:30 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Vader needs a better teammate

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 11:10 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
Vader needs a better teammate

Yea, aside from Ahsoka and Ben, the only dude I can think off to be between maul and vader would be dooku.

Maul's likely the best teammate Vader can have in order for an even match

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Jun 19th, 2017 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Also, people need to stop using ben three-shotting maul, which was possible through knowledge I've forbid either combatant to have, as an indication of a massive gap between ben and maul. Ben's better, but given that Maul's performance vs Ahsoka wasn't that for off Vader's, the gaps prolly marginal

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 11:21 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Team 2 pretty solidly.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 11:28 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Team 2 pretty solidly.

reasons?
and how bout round 2?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 11:30 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Maul has shown he can't really compete with Kenobi anymore, so he'd be relevant for only about three seconds. After Maul is disposed of, Kenobi and Ahsoka take down Vader in a very one-sided fight.

And I don't really know what you mean by 'samurai fight', so I can't say.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 11:36 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Maul has shown he can't really compete with Kenobi anymore, so he'd be relevant for only about three seconds. After Maul is disposed of, Kenobi and Ahsoka take down Vader in a very one-sided fight.

And I don't really know what you mean by 'samurai fight', so I can't say.

I'm talking about this:
quote:
Andi Gutierrez: "The actual duel between the two Masters is very short, like a samurai film . How did you come to the conclusion that it had to be done this way?"

quote:
Dave Filoni: "If you talk to a lot of people that sword fight, they'll tell you people that are very good don't have long fights. It's very quick. And so that scene, it's an homage to the Seventh Samurai . I think on one level people would be excited to see another prolonged lightsaber fight but I just never really saw the confrontation that way because to do that is to say the character's don't have growth. Yes, it's exciting as an audience member but it's not a really believable thing. The story telling has toevolve."

And yea, in a normal sw fight he can contend with Kenobi fine, lol. Unless you want to argue ben holds some significant superiority to vader who maul performed relatively similarly to against Ahsoka.

Maul being three-shotted by Kenobi had nothing to do with Kenobi being massively above maul. Kenobi's better per authority and by virtue of beating him, but his fight against maul being short was because both a storytelling choice and I'm and maul having fought each other multiple times and having in depth knowledge of how the other fights(which I've removed in the op)
quote:
Henry Gilroy: "When you fight someone many times, and have faced off, you kinda know each other's moves, so if you think about it, the biuldup to this confrontation and the actual lightsabers hitting each other is actually longer cause they're basically playing it out in their heads"

I love making fun of maul as much as the next guy, but the notion that Kenobi can three-shot someone in vader's general range is kinda laughable. Especially when we're given an indepth explantion for why the fight was so short.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Jun 20th, 2017 at 12:22 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 12:12 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

In-universe there's no proof that Kenobi and Maul actively tried to fight in a different manner (samurai vs. 'normal' fighting), so I'd love for you to explain how Maul fighting 'normally' (how was he fighting abnormally in the episode?) in this thread would magically make him capable of fighting on par with Kenobi. The producers of the show chose to make the fight samurai-esque in order to illustrate the disparity between the two because of a lot of different in-universe factors, (with the primary being the two characters' growth, or lack-thereof) such as: Maul's underestimation of Kenobi, Kenobi's evolved mental state and freed state of mind versus Maul's stagnant personal growth and fixation on revenge, and the byproduct of the latter being Maul using the exact same move set he used in TPM. Literally all of those factors are still present in whatever you think a 'normal' fight is, so Maul is still getting his shit pushed in by Kenobi in both scenarios, sorry.

Last edited by |King Joker| on Jun 20th, 2017 at 12:36 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 12:33 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

nobody's arguing maul is on par with Kenobi, but yea, fighting evenly with ahsoka in the same place where she contended with vader(ben's superior) is sufficient to dismiss the notion that ben can three-shot him.

And yes Kenobi surpassed maul, just like Vader surpassed Kenobi, that doesn't mean maul can't hold his own.compete with him, which is obvious given his contention with Ahsoka who herself challenged and contended with Ben's superior.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Jun 20th, 2017 at 12:44 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 12:38 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Dude, Kenobi's dismantling of Maul is literally only because of the very specific circumstances and factors surrounding their dynamic with each other. It's just how they stack up against each other in Rebels. I don't think that Kenobi is gargantuously above Maul's range -- it obviously isn't true because, like you said, the fights of Maul vs. Ahsoka, Ahsoka vs. Vader and Kenobi vs. Vader, etc. But we saw the fight first-hand -- Maul cannot compete with Kenobi during Rebels, but that's just indicitive of the complexities of fights and how certain fighters stack up against one another. It's like saying Ventress can actually compete with Dooku 1 on 1 because of her fights with Anakin, but that just isn't how fights work.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 12:50 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Okay, then lets say that maul is paired off vs Ahsoka, and Ben vs Vader

who wins?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 01:08 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Vader.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 02:08 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dispray

Vader and Maul

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 02:35 PM
Click here to Send Dispray a Private Message Find more posts by Dispray Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote