KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Harald Jaekelsson Vs. This Team of Superhumans

Harald Jaekelsson Vs. This Team of Superhumans
Started by: 950Killer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RealityWarper

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dvampire
Don't you get it? Ken can't dispel magic with his fighting style.

Do you mean neutralizing magic like Master Ryuuken from whom he learned all techniques through the Tower of Soul's repose ?

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by RealityWarper on Jul 9th, 2017 at 11:46 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2017 11:42 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drsoe08
Nutjob

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Do you mean neutralizing magic like Master Ryuuken from whom he learned all techniques through the Tower of Soul's repose ?

(please log in to view the image)

The manga was not clear about this technique, and when did the Ryuuken fought a magic user in the series?

second, is that a fan translation on the technique or official english translation?

Source: http://hokuto.wikia.com/wiki/Hokuto_Senki_Raidan

Old Post Jul 9th, 2017 12:39 PM
Drsoe08 is currently offline Click here to Send Drsoe08 a Private Message Find more posts by Drsoe08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drsoe08
Nutjob

Originally posted by Drsoe08
The manga was not clear about this technique, and when did Ryuuken fought a magic user in the series?

second, is that a fan translation on the technique or official english translation?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2017 12:41 PM
Drsoe08 is currently offline Click here to Send Drsoe08 a Private Message Find more posts by Drsoe08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper

The manga was not clear about this technique, and when did the Ryuuken fought a magic user in the series?

I have the original manga in two editions and this is a neutralizing magic strike.

Ryuuken neutralized Juukei after he cut lose because of the Hokuto Ryuuken when they were younger.

The Hokuto Ryuuken masters are called Majins (practitioners of Black Magic).

This is fan translation of the Official translation in French from editions "J'ai Lu".

He translated "coup neutralisant la magie" in "neutralizing magic strike" which is correct.

That gives one more argument (the tenth actually) for Kenshiro beating Harald on his own.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2017 01:00 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drsoe08
Nutjob

Originally posted by RealityWarper
I have the original manga in two editions and this is a neutralizing magic strike.

Ryuuken neutralized Juukei after he cut lose because of the Hokuto Ryuuken when they were younger.

The Hokuto Ryuuken masters are called Majins (practitioners of Black Magic).

This is fan translation of the Official translation in French from editions "J'ai Lu".

He translated "coup neutralisant la magie" in "neutralizing magic strike" which is correct.

That gives one more argument (the tenth actually) for Kenshiro beating Harald on his own.

But the english translation of the technique was "Hermit Spirit Lightning Bolt", did the french translation followed original japanese manga or made a few liberties in there translations?

and do Hokuto Ryuuken masters follow the "traditional" magic (what i meant about this is casting spells, putting hexes, sigil magic etc.) wielding or they just use Ki in their magic?

Did Ryuuken dispelled any type of rune powered curse in the series? or any forms of powerful magic? or just Ki based magic?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2017 01:33 PM
RealityWarper

[B]But the english translation of the technique was "Hermit Spirit Lightning Bolt", did the french translation followed original japanese manga or made a few liberties in there translations?

The French translation uses the original name of the attack.

The fact that's a neutralizing magic strike is an author note in the gutter.

quote:
and do Hokuto Ryuuken masters follow the "traditional" magic (what i meant about this is casting spells, putting hexes, sigil magic etc.) wielding or they just use Ki in their magic?

Nope.
That's Ki-based magic techniques. The Matouki is refered as a "magical Ki" in the series.

The main point of the Hokuto Ryuuken is to directly manipulate the Ki.

quote:
Did Ryuuken dispelled any type of rune powered curse in the series? or any forms of powerful magic? or just Ki based magic?

Ki-based magic and the Ki is the basic of everything. Marvel follows the same rules as the Asian culture. I previously posted in that thread that the Ki is the basic in everything (the scan from the Power Man comics).

Anyway that's just one tenth of the arguments possible for Kenshiro winning this.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2017 01:48 PM
Drsoe08
Nutjob

Originally posted by RealityWarper Ki-based magic and the Ki is the basic of everything. Marvel follows the same rules as the Asian culture. I previously posted in that thread that the Ki is the basic in everything (the scan from the Power Man comics).

Anyway that's just one tenth of the arguments possible for Kenshiro winning this. [/B]

Yeah , i know that. But i'm not arguing about what is Ki, my inquiry is about using Ki Magic to dispel a "traditional" magic which is the curse Harald and his comrades was afflicted. the question is now, do Ki Magic affect those who are been afflicted to "traditional" magic in way that it could nullify/bypass/dispel/negate the said spell/hex/curse or does it only work to those who only uses Ki or Ki Magic?

Last edited by Drsoe08 on Jul 9th, 2017 at 02:03 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2017 02:00 PM
RealityWarper

Yeah , i know that. But i'm not arguing about what is Ki, my inquiry is about using Ki Magic to dispel a "traditional" magic which is the curse Harald and his comrades was afflicted. the question is now, do Ki Magic affect those who are been afflicted to "traditional" magic in way that it could nullify/bypass/dispel/negate the said spell/hex/curse or does it only work to those who only uses Ki or Ki Magic?

It's a question that only the writers of Hokuto No Ken can respond to. (and it's Tetsuo Hara & Buronson)

There is a lot of mystical stuff in Hokuto No Ken but the magic written like in Sword & Sorcery tales is more an Occidental stuff.

However, there is examples of Ki interacting with Magical traditional spells in Marvel. ^^

In the end we don't have a clear answer on this topic.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2017 04:02 PM