KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Homophobic? Is Homophobia In The Bible?

Homophobic? Is Homophobia In The Bible?
Started by: JesusLovesYou

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusLovesYou
Some Christians hold the same understanding of Genesis 9:24 as you do (i.e. that Ham sodomized his father while he was passed out from alcohol), while others interpret verse 24 to mean that Ham simply gazed upon, or looked at his father’s naked body while he was passed out from alcohol.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, I fixed some errors on this post.

Click https://docs.google.com/document/d/...67pB92RCMg/edit]

You think seeing one's father naked is such a blasphemy that one's child and then bloodline is cursed? LoLz. You probably do. But really, Ham buttraped his drunkard of a father, probably as revenge for forcing him to go on what likely was a god-awful boat ride.

Error's? That was a direct copy/paste from King James' own bible, you heathen.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 11:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Actually, biblical verses only explicitly frown upon male homosexuality. God is apparently big on girl-on-girl.

Psshh, friggin sexist. What a rare instance of God not being fair.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 11:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Surtur
Psshh, friggin sexist. What a rare instance of God not being fair.

OT God is not fair or reasonable or even remotely likable. But he could whimsically destroy your race because of a bad day, so you worshipped him out of fear.

If OT God was in a fantasy series, he would be the ultimate evil people would band together to overcome.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 07:13 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

OT God is not fair or reasonable or even remotely likable. But he could whimsically destroy your race because of a bad day, so you worshipped him out of fear.

If OT God was in a fantasy series, he would be the ultimate evil people would band together to overcome.

I responded to your last post to me in the Can ANYONE Go To Heaven? thread.

You can go there to find it, or click on the link below:

Click https://docs.google.com/document/d/...Ak8uputjuU/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_A7it_Mtk06Zo_pPB5ayGiUnsRxtgSUDvsqjxOk3SMg/edit

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 03:13 PM
JesusLovesYou is currently offline Click here to Send JesusLovesYou a Private Message Find more posts by JesusLovesYou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I responded to your last post to me in the Can ANYONE Go To Heaven? thread.

You can go there to find it, or click on the link below:

Click https://docs.google.com/document/d/...Ak8uputjuU/edit

Dude, that's 32 pages long. Do you really think anyone will read that?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 04:04 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory

laughing out loud

C'mon... who doesn't want to read 32 pages of JesusLovesYou writing?

If you loved God you would do it! mad

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 05:00 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory

My response to Stealth Moose's last post to me in the Can ANYONE Go To Heaven? thread is not really 32 pages.

I use a lot of space.

Stealth Moose, you can go there to the above thread to find it, or click on the link below:

Click https://docs.google.com/document/d/...Ak8uputjuU/edit [/B][/QUOTE]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_A7it_Mtk06Zo_pPB5ayGiUnsRxtgSUDvsqjxOk3SMg/edit

Last edited by JesusLovesYou on Jul 11th, 2017 at 07:13 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 07:09 PM
JesusLovesYou is currently offline Click here to Send JesusLovesYou a Private Message Find more posts by JesusLovesYou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Actually, biblical verses only explicitly frown upon male homosexuality. God is apparently big on girl-on-girl.

Chapter and verse supporting your assertion.

I can cite chapter and verse refuting your claim.

Romans 1:26-27

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.

The Bible says that even women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.

Women had "exchanged" the "natural use" for what is "against nature". They were exchanging their bodies sexually with same gender and animals.

Women were doing things sexually with their bodies (most likely homosexuality and bestiality) that is "against nature". The Bible calls their perverted sexual desires vile passions.

So, no, God does "not" approve of, nor condone female homosexual relationships/encounters either.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 04:56 AM
riv6672

Still havent fixd that sig? Good LORD (no pun intended)!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 05:02 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

What is wrong with the sig that you can't seem to let go of?

(I mean, besides the fact that it's Christian propaganda)

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 12:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well, at first it was a broken image. Now its a broken link.

I've no problem with the working pic itself, or its message.
I dont mind religion. I mind ppl who use it to troll internet message boards.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 12:55 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

In the bible it says something along the lines of "A man shall not lay with another man, it is an abomination".

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 01:19 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Jmanghan
In the bible it says something along the lines of "A man shall not lay with another man, it is an abomination".

It also says if you wear ripped jeans, you're going to burn:

Leviticus 10:6 “Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people.”

The bible was written by men.
At best its a guideline.
Taking everything it (or any religous text) says literally is foolish.
Pushing those literal views on others in RL is presumptuous.
Starting multiple threads pushing those views is trolling.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 01:42 PM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by riv6672
Well, at first it was a broken image. Now its a broken link.

I've no problem with the working pic itself, or its message.
I dont mind religion. I mind ppl who use it to troll internet message boards.

confused

What makes you think this person is a troll?

What exactly have you seen, or what do you think you're seeing, that would mark him or her as such, given how willingly and seriously he or she discusses topics with other posters so far?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 01:43 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by riv6672
Starting multiple threads pushing those views is trolling.

I tend to agree.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 02:26 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Chapter and verse supporting your assertion.

I can cite chapter and verse refuting your claim.

Romans 1:26-27

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.

The Bible says that even women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.

Women had "exchanged" the "natural use" for what is "against nature". They were exchanging their bodies sexually with same gender and animals.

Women were doing things sexually with their bodies (most likely homosexuality and bestiality) that is "against nature". The Bible calls their perverted sexual desires vile passions.

So, no, God does "not" approve of, nor condone female homosexual relationships/encounters either.

1. Leviticus is the old Testament source of most homosexuality hating justification, and it quite clearly only refers to men. Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13.

2. New Testament references to male homosexuality include 1 Corinthians 6:9 (which lumps in things like fornicators into the same group of undesirables), 1 Timothy 1:10, and Romans 1:26-27.

3. Only the last one refers to women. And pretty much all of the references to anti-homosexuality in the NT come from the works of Paul, not from the words of Jesus, and not from the words of God.

So you can conclude that Paul hates sex.

Point, you.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 05:12 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

EDIT

Last edited by Stealth Moose on Jul 14th, 2017 at 05:15 AM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 05:12 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

...And pretty much all of the references to anti-homosexuality in the NT come from the works of Paul, not from the words of Jesus, and not from the words of God.

So you can conclude that Paul hates sex.

Excuse me... Mr. Moose. You know God was speaking thru Paul, right?

Therefore God hates fags and sex. cool

*Drops mic*

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Jul 14th, 2017 at 12:54 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 12:51 PM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

The man who coined the word homophobia did so incorrectly.

He should have just used contra-, or anti-homosexual, to denote people who do "not" agree with the homosexual lifestyle, and/or who denounce it—not homophobia.

Correction:

The man who coined the word homophobia did so incorrectly.

He should have just used contrahomosexuality or antihomsexuality, to denote people who do "not" agree with the homosexual lifestyle, and/or who denounce it—not homophobia.

I inadvertently wrote that the guy should have used antihomosexual which is "not" correct because God is "not" against homosexuals, He's against homosexuality. There's a difference.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 02:31 AM
Adam_PoE

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 03:58 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote