KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Favorite Pre-90's fight scenes

Favorite Pre-90's fight scenes
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Favorite Pre-90's fight scenes

I know its hard to remember a time before the advent of special effects/CGI Superhero fights. But for those who loved action films prior to the 90s, what are some of your favorite fight scenes before CGI took over? Are the scenes brutally depicted, well-choreographed, or just pleasing to watch. Who is the choreographer/martial artist behind the film and what film is it?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 01:21 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 01:46 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I need a list of some examples. I can't think of any major ones off the top of my head.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 12:37 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Well, there's a lot of quality fights in those classic Bruce Lee movies. Chinese Connection's scene where Chen Zhen goes to the Japanese Karate Dojo and beats down all the students and their sensei. Also the scene where the Japanese invade Huo Yuanjia's school and it's an all out battle. Pretty much all of the fights in Enter the Dragon, particularly the iconic finale where Bruce takes on Mr. Han in his temple and they end up in the room of mirrors. There's also the fight between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris in Way of the Dragon.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 02:24 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

The fight Arnold had with the Predator was pretty boss.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 05:26 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Surely They Live makes the cut: Roddy Piper vs. Keith David

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 11:20 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 11:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Well, there's a lot of quality fights in those classic Bruce Lee movies. Chinese Connection's scene where Chen Zhen goes to the Japanese Karate Dojo and beats down all the students and their sensei. Also the scene where the Japanese invade Huo Yuanjia's school and it's an all out battle. Pretty much all of the fights in Enter the Dragon, particularly the iconic finale where Bruce takes on Mr. Han in his temple and they end up in the room of mirrors. There's also the fight between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris in Way of the Dragon.

I feel like you're forgetting an obvious one.

Sho'nuff. wink

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 12:00 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Surely They Live makes the cut: Roddy Piper vs. Keith David

That's one of the best of all time, never mind a certain era. thumb up

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 12:15 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I like to think that wasn't in the script, and he just didn't want to wear the damned things.

"Put on the 1980's sci fi shades!"

"**** you! **** your cheap sunglasses!"

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 02:11 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Originally posted by cdtm
I feel like you're forgetting an obvious one.

Sho'nuff. wink

laughing

Kiss my Converse.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 03:17 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote