KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Triggered: Stories to make you mad.

Triggered: Stories to make you mad.
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (919): « First ... « 188 189 [190] 191 192 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Well this story probably won't fill you with joy:

Four ‘permanent’ rainbow crosswalks in city’s gay neighborhood cost taxpayers nearly $200,000

On one hand, it's less than 1% of the budget that was spent. On the other hand I feel it's valid for folks to be wondering if this 200 grand could have been better spent on something else.
I feel the same way about that 2 trillion dollar wall you want to build in my home state

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 02:45 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Triggered: Dude in Texas is 20 now... still can't legally consume alcohol

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:07 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
I feel the same way about that 2 trillion dollar wall you want to build in my home state

How many illegals in your home state?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 04:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

How many illegals in your home state?
I’m not the census, I don’t know. But I do know it’s not worth the money or the symbolism to erect a huge wall across our borders.

And the audacity of white people in America to complain about immigrants coming in illegally lol

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 04:25 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

The audacity of people to complain about the "unfairness" of having a wall to secure our southern border with Mexico... when Mexico has a wall along their southern border...

Look I'm not a fan of the wall either, I think it's a waste of money, I really don't want a wall cutting through Big Bend National Park, which I have spent many a spring break at... but I can't understand the fervor with which so many democrats oppose this, from the standpoint that curbing illegal immigration is inherently immoral or racist or whatever.

I can fully sympathize with being against the wall from the standpoint of over-the-topness and inefficiency, but the notion that securing our borders or enforcing our own immigration laws is somehow inherently wrong is something I just find absurd.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 04:48 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
The audacity of people to complain about the "unfairness" of having a wall to secure our southern border with Mexico... when Mexico has a wall along their southern border...

Look I'm not a fan of the wall either, I think it's a waste of money, I really don't want a wall cutting through Big Bend National Park, which I have spent many a spring break at... but I can't understand the fervor with which so many democrats oppose this, from the standpoint that curbing illegal immigration is inherently immoral or racist or whatever.

I can fully sympathize with being against the wall from the standpoint of over-the-topness and inefficiency, but the notion that securing our borders or enforcing our own immigration laws is somehow inherently wrong is something I just find absurd.
Securing the border is not inherently wrong. But scapegoating immigrants as the reason for our socioeconomic issues is wrong. And the wall was clearly part of Trump’s campaign strategy to appeal to voters who hate immigrants. Securing the border should not be about hatred and division, it should be about organization and efficiency.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 05:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I’m not the census, I don’t know. But I do know it’s not worth the money or the symbolism to erect a huge wall across our borders.

And the audacity of white people in America to complain about immigrants coming in illegally lol

So you don't know that the only other state with a larger population of illegals than Texas is California? You're #2 bro.

And you're complaining about the audacity of white people to not want people to illegally enter this country?

Let me guess, this is because centuries ago other people came and took it from the "natives"? Who, by the way, didn't just sprout up from the ground here, they came here from elsewhere too at one point. We took this land from people just as ruthless, the only difference was technology. It doesn't mean atrocities weren't committed, but no, it doesn't mean we can't be all "we do not want illegals".

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 05:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

but I can't understand the fervor with which so many democrats oppose this, from the standpoint that curbing illegal immigration is inherently immoral or racist or whatever.

The policy itself isn't inherently racist, but it'll take gymnastics to argue that discrimination wasn't part of the intent:
quote:
When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. ... They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people,"

"They're" rapists= They are rapists. "They are" refers to Mexican immigrants,

Him assuming, after the fact, that they're good people doesn't really change that.

Dems are right to claim the policy has discrimatory intent as Trump himself made this discriminatory intent clear.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 08:53 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Biggest prob is the Dems don't mind keeping both the Good and THE BAD!

Sell Drugs? Commit Rape and Murder?

As long as you keep voting Democrat. "THEY" Aint got NO PROBS WITH YOU SENOR!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 09:47 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
The policy itself isn't inherently racist, but it'll take gymnastics to argue that discrimination wasn't part of the intent:

"They're" rapists= They are rapists. "They are" refers to Mexican immigrants,

Him assuming, after the fact, that they're good people doesn't really change that.

Dems are right to claim the policy has discrimatory intent as Trump himself made this discriminatory intent clear.

Get off you’re high horse. It’s ****ing pathetic.

Yes, believe it or not, there are evil ****s that do cross the border.

Instead of building the wall, Trump could try something else, but the Dems and people like are too high strong in identity politics that you refuse to seat down and talk properly. Trump in itself is part of the problem.

A few years ago, where was the outrage from the Democrats that once a Cubans feet touches US soil, they 9/10 are welcomed, and deportation was unlikely. Compare to the same Haitian’s that if caught were shipped by to Haiti?

So save you’re moral outrage for the idiots.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 10:08 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

80% Of Central American Women, Girls Are Raped Crossing Into The U.S.

Not saying this article is gospel, just to avoid anyone thinking that.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 10:39 PM
Flyattractor

Its not Rape until the Women claims its rape. Plus those are just Pre-Dreamers.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 10:50 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you don't know that the only other state with a larger population of illegals than Texas is California? You're #2 bro.

And you're complaining about the audacity of white people to not want people to illegally enter this country?

Let me guess, this is because centuries ago other people came and took it from the "natives"? Who, by the way, didn't just sprout up from the ground here, they came here from elsewhere too at one point. We took this land from people just as ruthless, the only difference was technology. It doesn't mean atrocities weren't committed, but no, it doesn't mean we can't be all "we do not want illegals".
White skin is not natural to the Americas, it didn't evolve or develop on this continent. America produced brown-looking people; brown is the color of America not white.

Perhaps a racist Brown Nationalist would say white people are illegal immigrants who belong in Europe???

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 04:41 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

White skin is not natural to the Americas, it didn't evolve or develop on this continent. America produced brown-looking people; brown is the color of America not white.

Perhaps a racist Brown Nationalist would say white people are illegal immigrants who belong in Europe???

I give a shit what they say. We do not need illegals here, of any color. It is not wrong to want to stop them from coming here.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 04:45 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

“The current misconception is that every pedophile is a child molester, and if they’re not, it’s just a matter of time. It’s important to show the world that that’s not the case.”

^^Tweet from Vice Canada a few days ago.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 05:12 PM
dadudemon

“The current misconception is that every pedophile is a child molester, and if they’re not, it’s just a matter of time. It’s important to show the world that that’s not the case.”

^^Tweet from Vice Canada a few days ago.

What's wrong with the tweet? Seems important. So that they can get help before they harm. Removing the stigma around it and encouraging people to get help is a very damn good idea.

It's a sickness that needs to be treated. It's a sickness that can harm others if left untreated.

We need more of the "It's okay to get help" ideas.

You're going to shit yourself when you know that there is a genetic correlation with it. Yup. Some inherit it and it's in their genes. Wouldn't it be nice to alter genes if discovered after they were born? Seems like a great idea.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 05:44 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just hate pedos.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 05:45 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Vice has gotten kinda trash recently though

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 05:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vice has gotten kinda trash recently though

Yep, a retreat for women of color who...well, I'll let them explain:

^^This is not satire. This is real.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 05:48 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 05:49 PM