KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Triggered: Stories to make you mad.

Triggered: Stories to make you mad.
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (919): « First ... « 200 201 [202] 203 204 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Its not actually "TALKING TO THEM" when they are anesthetized.

You dirty rapist you.

Oh and this story....

NYT Guy , Thomas Friedman compares Russian Face Book Meddlig to Pearl Harbor.

Truly Leftists are horrible, HORRIBLE People.
Nobody gets anesthetized in the field laughing .

Originally posted by MythLord
I'm sorry, but if 97% of accused rapists get to roam free, then there's a serious problem, and it's not neccessarily in the justice system as it is in the social views of a lot of law-enforcers.
Rape cases have been dismissed for unfounded reasons.
And "eroding the due process" is hardly what I had in mind; my point is Kurk goes beserk at the thought of a guy getting called a rapist, and still not even getting a slap on the wrist(statistically), but ignores the much, much larger problem of women actually constantly being sexually abused.

Well, there's a lot of reasons, but statistics include the most common is:
- fear of the justice system not acting accordingly
- fear of reprisal
- fear the issue is "not great/relevant enough"(despite repeated physical and sexual abuse)

Well it comes down to this Myth (and I'm sorry that your opinion of me will be drastically lowered after):

- I'm a man. I don't give a rat's ass about the issue of women statistically being more abused than men and the majority of cases going unreported. I care about myself and potential risks associated with hooking up with women on the short-term in today's environment. That's not the same as me not acknowledging the issue though; which I do.

- I do care about the majority of actual rapists walking free but not anymore than I would care for any other petty criminal doing so.

So why do the majority of cases go unreported? Could it have something to do with the majority of rape cases also being committed by close friends, acquaintances, family members, etc as your sources say? After all, isn't there a reason why a woman would be less likely to report say their extended family member than a complete stranger they've never met before? Maybe they didn't deem the potential consequences of a friend's prosecution to be worth the negative effects on the social relationship between herself and those close to the perpetrator.

Isn't this a social problem then? What control does the legal system have over women choosing not to report these crimes? Ultimately it's their problem for choosing not to, not mine.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 02:04 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I did have a problem; why did they need to include Chris Hemsworth!? WHY WASN'T THERE A LESBIAN ROMANCE AND AN EXTRA WOOMAN!

Do I get the weights for that? smile

No you just have to light a candle while standing inside a tornado.

Not just any tornado. The same one that killed Pa Kent.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 04:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

I'll just quote the most relevant part of the sh!t you posted:

Originally posted by Kurk
Isn't this a social problem then?

Exactly. As I already told DMB, this is more a problem in actual society and it's usual victim blaming/marginalizing. As well as most women feeling the need to stay silent due to, again, standards set forth by them. That should be fixed.

Originally posted by Surtur
No you just have to light a candle while standing inside a tornado.

Not just any tornado. The same one that killed Pa Kent.

Do I still have the weight to hold me down?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 04:52 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 04:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Well then... At least I'll save the dog.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 05:03 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll just quote the most relevant part of the sh!t you posted:

Exactly. As I already told DMB, this is more a problem in actual society and it's usual victim blaming/marginalizing. As well as most women feeling the need to stay silent due to, again, standards set forth by them. That should be fixed.

Do I still have the weight to hold me down?
hmmm...
I note the irony as I sit here in my school's atrium, where overnight several hundred "project unbreakable" posters have been strung up.

Call me stupid, but what's the goal here? What are you solving by telling us what your attackers/molesters said to you? People are shitty, yes. If the women feel that they're forced to say silent due to social standards that's a personal problem. I've gained enough courage through self-empowerment to go against the social grain in many ways. People need to stop with this "I'M A VICTIM!" attitude and get a f*cking hold of their lives. In other words, these people should learn to be more like Raven smile .

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 05:12 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

https://www.politico.com/story/2018...meltdown-416158

Apparently there's a bipartisan movement picking up steam to reform banking regulations.... by loosening them. Because that's always such a great idea. Corporate Dems are the worst.

" They would no longer have to hold as much capital to cover losses on their balance sheets. They would not be required to have plans in place to be safely dismantled if they failed. And they would have to take the Fed's bank health test only periodically, not once a year.

The American operations of big foreign banks, like Deutsche Bank, BNP Paribas and Banco Santander, would also be exempt. "

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/19/new...nies0325PMStory

- I'm a man. I don't give a rat's ass about the issue of women statistically being more abused than men and the majority of cases going unreported. I care about myself and potential risks associated with hooking up with women on the short-term in today's environment. That's not the same as me not acknowledging the issue though; which I do.

- I do care about the majority of actual rapists walking free but not anymore than I would care for any other petty criminal doing so.

Holy shit what a piece of ****ing garbage. Go die please.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 08:16 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Nobody gets anesthetized in the field laughing .

Truly those people must BEG for Death....Or we could go the route of... "Not Anesthetized? Isn't that what a Conversation with Kurk can be Described as?"

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 08:20 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
https://www.politico.com/story/2018...meltdown-416158

Apparently there's a bipartisan movement picking up steam to reform banking regulations.... by loosening them. Because that's always such a great idea. Corporate Dems are the worst.

" They would no longer have to hold as much capital to cover losses on their balance sheets. They would not be required to have plans in place to be safely dismantled if they failed. And they would have to take the Fed's bank health test only periodically, not once a year.

The American operations of big foreign banks, like Deutsche Bank, BNP Paribas and Banco Santander, would also be exempt. "

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/19/new...nies0325PMStory

Holy shit what a piece of ****ing garbage. Go die please.
You first and I'll follow. Promise smile .

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 10:06 PM
Flyattractor

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 07:43 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 07:46 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 01:41 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Everybody knows, BBC/CNN edition

One thing stands out:

"Among other violations of journalistic principles of presenting the relevant evidence, I indict the MSTVNM (mainstream TV news media) for not letting their audiences know what Palestinian leaders – both PA and Hamas – say in Arabic, thus compounding the misdirection involved in highlighting and affirming what Palestinian spokespeople say in English. I therefore include footage generously provided by both Palestinian Media Watch and the Center for Near East Policy Research."

Completely unacceptable.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 01:46 PM
Flyattractor

Most accurate depiction of CNN I have ever seen.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 09:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

NYU served ‘racially insensitive’ Black History Month meal

"New York University served up a “Black History Month” meal at one of its dining halls — complete with watermelon-flavored water and collard greens — and had to apologize when students called the school out for playing into racist stereotypes."

Lol.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 10:38 PM
SquallX

Don’t know why I can’t quote.

But I love watermelon. But who the hell drinks watermelon flavor water? Just ****ing weird.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 12:02 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Watermelon flavored water is usually liquefied watermelon; sometimes with some added water to thin it out if need be, it's delicious and refreshing on a hot day if fresh.

(please log in to view the image)
#themoreyouknow

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 12:15 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hilarious they were dumb enough to call it racist.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 12:38 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Journalism must be a great racket.

Just find someone that says something outrageous, ???, profit.

Anyone wanna throw in with me? You can pick the crazy, I'll be your equally crazy nemesis wingnut.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 01:14 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

^thumb up

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 02:41 AM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote