KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Triggered: Stories to make you mad.

Triggered: Stories to make you mad.
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (919): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Are you sure?

Yes.

Also think about it for a second, have you ever heard any bonafide scientific proof? That proof could shut down any transgender debate. It just doesn't exist. No peer reviewed scientifc study has said this shit is accurate. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

It's a mental illness. The suicide rates pre and post transition speak volumes. 40%. Now a so called scientist is peddling this and being nominated for an award for it, an award show millions of people will watch.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 21st, 2017 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 09:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

>there is no absolute proof on transgenderism
>makes an absolute claim about transgenderism

What a moron. sad

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 10:03 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
Yes.

Also think about it for a second, have you ever heard any bonafide scientific proof? That proof could shut down any transgender debate. It just doesn't exist. No peer reviewed scientifc study has said this shit is accurate. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

It's a mental illness. The suicide rates pre and post transition speak volumes. 40%. Now a so called scientist is peddling this and being nominated for an award for it, an award show millions of people will watch.

Honestly, I'm not even sure you know what your grip is other than having a negative view of transgender people and the transgender community because they're different.

Also, if "there's no proof", then in turn how you can say with absolute fact it's a "mental illness"? That sword cuts both ways. (edit: Beni beat me to the point there) But one could argue being seen as mental patient and largely looked down upon by society could/would affect a person's self-image to the point they consider suicide because they're different than what society calls normal. Do you think if society viewed you as a turd day in and day out, it wouldn't in time affect you mentally?

Just look at your attitude towards transgender people. Do you honestly think that is conducive to transgender people being happy? Now multiply that attitude by a factor of 'society wide'. See a possible problem?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 10:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Except in society, being mean to a transgender will get you ridiculed. I don't think it's wrong to call a mental illness a mental illness.

You are literally imagining yourself to be something you are not. Rob, if I imagine I'm Superman, am I mentally ill? No wait, I can imagine whatever I want. But if I demand society recognize me as Superman, I'm crossing a line, yes?

If not, *you* conform to me, then. You treat me as I demand, yes?

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:28 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 10:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Except in society, being mean to a transgender will get you ridiculed.

In large parts of the country, being cruel to transgender people gets you elected to public office.

I don't think it's wrong to call a mental illness a mental illness.

Where did you earn you psychology degree? Did you get it at your own pace?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 10:33 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey Adam by all means, show concrete scientific proof of the stuff. I'll then bow to your superior knowledge.

I'm not even joking. If there is valid proof I need to change my views.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 10:35 PM
Adam_PoE

Hey Adam by all means, show concrete scientific proof of the stuff. I'll then bow to your superior knowledge.

I'm not even joking. If there is valid proof I need to change my views.

Why do you not look up the official position of any of the organizations of professional psychiatrists?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 10:45 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Except in society, being mean to a transgender will get you ridiculed.

I don't think it's wrong to call a mental illness a mental illness.

You are literally imagining yourself to be something you are not. Rob, if I imagine I'm Superman, am I mentally ill? No wait, I can imagine whatever I want. But if I demand society recognize me as Superman, I'm crossing a line, yes?

If not, *you* conform to me, then. You treat me as I demand, yes?

Yet transgender people largely get shat on. eg You right now.

Agreed. What is your proof that transgender people are suffering form a real mental illness?

Faulty analogy. We know Superman is a fictional alien character, so imagining yourself to be Superman is silly, unless you're a child playing. Now the mind and how it works is both real and more complex than "I want to be Superman".

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 10:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
If that was all that training consisted of, I would be fine with that, aside from the fact that it can be adequately addressed in a conversation, perhaps a lengthy announcement from a superior, so the usage of taxpayer money for this training isn't the best use of money. But again if that was all I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Given how these training courses usually go, they're probably going to be indoctrinated into bullshit like "gender is completely disconnected from sex" "there's more than two genders and you can be agender, genderfluid, gender neutrois" and all that other made up bullshit as well as the use of fake pronouns like Xe, Zir, Zim, etc. this ideological horseshit should not be imposed on our society with taxpayer money.

Pretty pathetic that you think you can guilt me out of my position by implicating me in collective guilt for something not even said by me.

Do you disagree with the quote of me he posted? Just curious. I just think cops are expected to essentially be a jack of all trades. But that is not the training they get.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 10:52 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yet transgender people largely get shat on. eg You right now.

Agreed. What is your proof that transgender people are suffering form a real mental illness?

Faulty analogy. We know Superman is a fictional alien character, so imagining yourself to be Superman is silly, unless you're a child playing. Now the mind and how it works is both real and more complex than "I want to be Superman".

Do we not also know people born with dicks are men?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 10:56 PM
Adam_PoE

People who are born with penises can be male or intersex.

Most often, they are also men, but sometimes they are women, have a non-binary gender, or no gender at all.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 11:08 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

How is this your proof of a mental illness?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 11:10 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

How is this your proof of a mental illness?

I was going by the argument you presented. That we KNOW Superman isn't real. We also know if you have a dick you aren't female, no matter what your feelings tell you.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 11:12 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
People who are born with penises can be male or intersex.

Most often, they are also men, but sometimes they are women, have a non-binary gender, or no gender at all.

Right, and Adam, are most transgender intersex?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 11:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I was going by the argument you presented. That we KNOW Superman isn't real. We also know if you have a dick you aren't female, no matter what your feelings tell you.

You're comparing the complexities of people and the human mind to a fictional alien character. Think about that for a moment.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 11:20 PM
Adam_PoE

Right, and Adam, are most transgender intersex?

Intersex people can have ambiguous genitals that are neither male or female, or they can have both male and female genitals.

Since they are not one sex or another, they often do not identify as one gender or another.

However, that is different than being transgender.

Transgender people identify as a gender that does not correspond to their sex at birth.

Intersex people do not have a specific sex for a gender to correspond to, so they cannot be transgender.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 11:21 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Reposting in the right place:
Originally posted by Beniboybling
It's not a mental illness because it doesn't fit the definition i.e. behaviour patterns that cause distress or dysfunction. Yes, being transgender can lead to such a symptoms and this is called gender dysphoria, negative feelings that arrive from a person's gendered experience failing to match how they feel internally. However, not all transgender people suffer from gender dysphoria, specifically those who are able and allowed to live the way they want i.e. as the gender they perceive themselves to be, and can operate as perfectly functional and stress free members of society - ergo being transgender is not a disorder in and of itself.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 11:29 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're comparing the complexities of people and the human mind to a fictional alien character. Think about that for a moment.

If people are so complex, why can't they believe they are an alien?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 11:30 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Sex and gender aren't the same thing broski, people who are transgender are aware of what sex they are, but that doesn't mean they identify with the corresponding gender, which is a mental rather than physical construct.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 11:30 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Intersex people can have ambiguous genitals that are neither male or female, or they can have both male and female genitals.

Since they are not one sex or another, they often do not identify as one gender or another.

However, that is different than being transgender.

Transgender people identify as a gender that does not correspond to their sex at birth.

Intersex people do not have a specific sex for a gender to correspond to, so they cannot be transgender.

Intersex people are super rare though, right? I mean an intersex person is the closest one can come to a legitimate question of what gender they are.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 11:31 PM