KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Triggered: Stories to make you mad.

Triggered: Stories to make you mad.
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (919): « First ... « 570 571 [572] 573 574 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raptor22

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Kara Swisher Lobbies YouTube Susan for More Censorship | Shapiro & Peterson Lead Straight to N*zis

Shocking.
surt im honestly super confused as to what ur actual positions are.

U seem to be supporting the guy in this video that u posted whos basically saying that u cant blame the internet and social media for influencing our children, they arent culpable and its up to the partents to censor what their children view.

But on the other hand u also seem to be supporting the research paper in this article that u posted-

https://news.yahoo.com/trans-activi...-220000361.html

Which partially blames youtube and social media for the influence it has on kids becoming trans.

"In a triumph for free speech, Brown University acknowledged on its website the republication of the controversial peer-reviewed paper, which hypothesised that teenagers who came out as transgender were more likely to have friends who were transitioning and were influenced by YouTube videos and social media."

How can these sites influence kids to become trans but not influence them to become nazis?

How can we blame them for one and not the other?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2019 11:13 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Raptor22

U seem to be supporting the guy in this video that u posted whos basically saying that u cant blame the internet and social media for influencing our children, they arent culpable and its up to the partents to censor what their children view.

But on the other hand u also seem to be supporting the research paper in this article that u posted-

Which partially blames youtube and social media for the influence it has on kids becoming trans.

"In a triumph for free speech, Brown University acknowledged on its website the republication of the controversial peer-reviewed paper, which hypothesised that teenagers who came out as transgender were more likely to have friends who were transitioning and were influenced by YouTube videos and social media."

How can these sites influence kids to become trans but not influence them to become nazis?

Nope, posting an article does not imply support. Sometimes I feel they are just fascinating reads and enjoy how they'll trigger folk. This is the trigger thread, after all.

Anymore questions or confusion I can clear up for you brah?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 12:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

What the heck, Britain???

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-surrey-47638527

quote:
Caroline Farrow said Surrey Police wants to "conduct a taped interview under caution" because of tweets posted in October.
They were made after she was on ITV's Good Morning Britain with Susie Green, whose daughter Jackie is transgender.
Ms Green said the posts were malicious and it was "not just the misgendering" issue.
Ms Green, the founder of the transgender rights charity Mermaids, said she had now withdrawn her complaint to the police.
But Surrey Police said a withdrawal statement must be made for a complaint to be dropped and that had not yet happened in this case.
The force said it had received an allegation on 15 October "in relation to a number of tweets which were posted in October 2018".
"A thorough investigation is being carried out to establish whether any criminal offences have taken place," it said.
"A 44-year-old woman has been asked to attend a voluntary interview in relation to the allegation as part of our ongoing investigation."
'So furious'
In the ITV interview, the Catholic journalist and commentator had been discussing with Ms Green the Girl Guides letting children who have changed gender join.
Ms Farrow tweeted the police's decision to launch an investigation was an "outrage", adding: "I can't sleep I am so furious."
She said: "I don't even remember said tweets. I probably said 'he' or 'son' or something.
"All I have been told is that following an appearance on Good Morning Britain I made some tweets misgendering Susie Green's child and that I need to attend a taped interview."
She added it was her "religious belief that a person cannot change sex" and she would "happily do jail time" for her right to express that view.
But she added she tried "really hard not to misgender people".
'Really damaging'
Speaking to the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme, Ms Green said: "Every day my daughter is misgendered online... this was a journalist who had a public platform who used that to send very deliberately malicious nasty messages.
"It's not just the misgendering, it's actually the context that she puts it in to, and that she calls me a child abuser."
She added that complaining to the police was the "appropriate course of action" given the "really damaging things she said about me and my actions".
Ms Green said she had withdrawn her complaint partly because she did not want Ms Farrow to continue to have a platform.

Apparently, misgendering is a crime that could carry jail time.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Mar 21st, 2019 at 01:09 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 01:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
What the heck, Britain???

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-surrey-47638527

Misgendering is a crime that could carry jail time.

Can we all agree this is a good example of why putting our free speech in writing is a good thing?

I certainly agree it's no business of the authorities if a boy is correctly called a boy.

I'd hope everyone here agree's with that. It'd be cray cray not to.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 01:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Please don't retweet his posts Raptor my friend I have him on ignore and everytime he post and I read it my IQ drops 10-20 points, I'm about at the level of a toddler now, I don't know I'll ever recover.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 02:05 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL! Twenty. Four. Seven.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 03:21 PM
Raptor22

Nope, posting an article does not imply support. Sometimes I feel they are just fascinating reads and enjoy how they'll trigger folk. This is the trigger thread, after all.

Anymore questions or confusion I can clear up for you brah?
yep. 2 questions.

Do u have an opinion on either/both of the articles u posted?

Do u actually say brah like that, with an h on the end, of it in real life?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 04:25 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

yep. 2 questions.

Do u have an opinion on either/both of the articles u posted?

1-I sure do, they're intriguing!

2- Nah brah! Don't say "lol" in real life either, to answer your possible followup

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 04:39 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Please don't retweet his posts Raptor my friend I have him on ignore and everytime he post and I read it my IQ drops 10-20 points, I'm about at the level of a toddler now, I don't know I'll ever recover.

This is just asking for people to quote his posts.

You're not this dumb.

I think you're trolling.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 05:35 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Sarcastically, I definitely do. Especially when talking to someone about working out.

And I sarcastically say "el oh el" in real life when someone makes a terible joke or mocks me.

I noticed the "oh em gee" girls stopped saying OMG. Probably because all of those teen girls are now adults. Glad that trend stopped.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 05:37 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
This is just asking for people to quote his posts.

You're not this dumb.

I think you're trolling.
You wound me... i would never troll Surtur.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 05:43 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
You wound me... i would never troll Surtur.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 05:49 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

What? embarrasment

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 05:50 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sarcastically, I definitely do. Especially when talking to someone about working out.

And I sarcastically say "el oh el" in real life when someone makes a terible joke or mocks me.

I noticed the "oh em gee" girls stopped saying OMG. Probably because all of those teen girls are now adults. Glad that trend stopped.

I guess I might have said it sarcastically at some point in my life. The people who say it in real life and mean it tend to be douches.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 06:06 PM
Raptor22

1-I sure do, they're intriguing!

2- Nah brah! Don't say "lol" in real life either, to answer your possible followup
u don't appear to be interested in discussing them so i guess ill just stick to the small talk.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 07:41 PM
Raptor22

yep, i do the same.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 07:42 PM
Raptor22

I guess I might have said it sarcastically at some point in my life. The people who say it in real life and mean it tend to be douches.
agreed.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 07:42 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 02:30 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

One of the parkland teen survivors killed themselves...with a gun.

Awkward.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2019 03:01 PM
SquallX

One of the parkland teen survivors killed themselves...with a gun.

Awkward.

That’s pretty sad.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2019 05:22 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote