KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Triggered: Stories to make you mad.

Triggered: Stories to make you mad.
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (919): « First ... « 576 577 [578] 579 580 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
There is comedy gold here, for anyone who didn't read the article:

“In hiring Kavanaugh, to what extent did you consider the mental health of the survivors on campus and how that might affect them and their education?" asked another — a question which HuffPo describes as earning "snaps" from the gathered students (clapping is, it seems, now considered triggering).

The response should have been "we are not lunatics so we did not consider how lunatics would react". Lol@ snapping their fingers. Best part:

"Others were left simply baffled.

“Oh, my God,” one female student said aloud.

“Why?” asked another, to no one in particular."

These sad souls legit are shocked people didn't bend the knee to their crazed demands.

It doesn't stop here, there were multiple epic fails recently when it comes to progressive whining:

Students Try To Get Famous Professor Fired; University President Smacks Them

Only thing better would be if the headline was literal and the university president legit slapped these kids(they sure could use it).

This part is good:

quote:
Paglia has since responded to the letter, praising it as an "eloquent statement affirming academic freedom was a landmark in contemporary education" and expressing her hope that it will be "a turning point in how American colleges and universities deal with their rampant problem of compulsory ideological conformity."

These hysterical morons need to be told that they cannot silence people they disagree with. They cannot bully others to conform to their crazy beliefs. They need to be taught that another human being can think and believe something that they don't and they simply have to accept that they cannot force others to think and feel however they'd like.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 02:50 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
This part is good:

These hysterical morons need to be told that they cannot silence people they disagree with. They cannot bully others to conform to their crazy beliefs. They need to be taught that another human being can think and believe something that they don't and they simply have to accept that they cannot force others to think and feel however they'd like.

Yep, sometimes they are too stupid for words.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 08:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 08:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dallas County District Attorney Addresses City Council Members About Plans for Criminal Justice Reform

"Gates referred to Creuzot's plans to curb the prosecution of certain low-level crimes, including marijuana offenses and theft of personal items worth less than $750, unless the theft was for financial gain.

Sandy Greyson, council member from District 12, expressed concern over Creuzot's policy not to prosecute thefts for crimes of need.

"We're not really considering the business owner in this, What if six people come in and steal diapers, how does he recover that loss if he doesn't prosecute?" Greyson said."

Would anyone care to offer up a defense of this?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 01:14 PM
dadudemon

Dallas County District Attorney Addresses City Council Members About Plans for Criminal Justice Reform

"Gates referred to Creuzot's plans to curb the prosecution of certain low-level crimes, including marijuana offenses and theft of personal items worth less than $750, unless the theft was for financial gain.

Sandy Greyson, council member from District 12, expressed concern over Creuzot's policy not to prosecute thefts for crimes of need.

"We're not really considering the business owner in this, What if six people come in and steal diapers, how does he recover that loss if he doesn't prosecute?" Greyson said."

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this law or suggestion.

Those are not crimes. Those are people trying to survive.

Civil cases are not out of the question. But good luck recouping costs from a person who stole diapers in a civil case. thumb up

Surt, somewhere along the way, you lost your humanity and compassion.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:06 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Truly sad but accurate.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:17 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this law or suggestion.

Those are not crimes. Those are people trying to survive.

Civil cases are not out of the question. But good luck recouping costs from a person who stole diapers in a civil case. thumb up

So the guy who runs the business who is robbed isn't trying to survive? Interesting, he's just running a business for the fun of it? And if one person gets away with it, the next person won't hesitate to try the same because...?

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 25th, 2019 at 02:59 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:55 PM
dadudemon

So the guy who runs the business who is robbed isn't trying to survive?

So let me get this straight. You want to send a person to jail for stealing diapers because they couldn't afford them?

You'd rather spend tens of thousand of dollars (or hundreds of thousands of dollars) sending people through the justice system and incarcerating them for petty theft for items needed for basic human survival? Brilliant idea. I think in your sense for absolute justice, you lost track of the holistic view: you're punishing everyone else in your pursuit of unrelenting justice (hint: you and I pay the bills for this and I don't to pay for someone to be sent through the system and incarcerated for stealing baby food, diapers, or fresh produce - that's utterly retarded).

But, hey, they can still take them to civil court and sue. It's not like they (store owners) don't have loss mitigation and loss insurance for these specific kinds of insurance. It's literally built into the cost of operation. In this story, the only difference is taxpayer dollars aren't going to be wasted on petty theft cases that were for survival (notice the article says it excludes people who stole for profit).

Interesting, he's just running a business for the fun of it? And if one person gets away with it, the next person won't hesitate to try the same because...?

You seem quite upset that a supermarket will lose a few dollars over stolen diapers. Tell me more about this.

Last edited by dadudemon on Apr 25th, 2019 at 03:29 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 03:26 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

$750 or less is incredibly reasonable. The cost of prosecuting a person through the criminal justice system would be FAR more.

And every single bit of modern research suggests compassion, understanding, and rehabilitation in the long-run are far more beneficial from an economical, social, and moral viewpoint. This goes from drug users to petty theft criminals. Adding a criminal record to a person already destitute enough to steal items necessary for survival is just unreasonable.

Basically, our innate instinct to punish a crime....is like almost every other basic innate instinct we have. Reactionary, and borne of a flight-fight model of thinking that is outdated.

Also, the individual quoted there makes a confusing argument. How would prosecuting someone like this help a business owner recoup losses?

Obviously keeping track of repeat offenders should be done. There should be a well-designed framework. But a criminal justice system that focuses on punishment clearly does not work better in the long-run. Assault, murder, and other such extreme cases should be handled differently.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 04:05 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So let me get this straight. You want to send a person to jail for stealing diapers because they couldn't afford them?

You'd rather spend tens of thousand of dollars (or hundreds of thousands of dollars) sending people through the justice system and incarcerating them for petty theft for items needed for basic human survival? Brilliant idea. I think in your sense for absolute justice, you lost track of the holistic view: you're punishing everyone else in your pursuit of unrelenting justice (hint: you and I pay the bills for this and I don't to pay for someone to be sent through the system and incarcerated for stealing baby food, diapers, or fresh produce - that's utterly retarded).

But, hey, they can still take them to civil court and sue. It's not like they (store owners) don't have loss mitigation and loss insurance for these specific kinds of insurance. It's literally built into the cost of operation. In this story, the only difference is taxpayer dollars aren't going to be wasted on petty theft cases that were for survival (notice the article says it excludes people who stole for profit).

You seem quite upset that a supermarket will lose a few dollars over stolen diapers. Tell me more about this.

The diapers thing wasn't my example it was the example from the article.

I'm more concerned with shit that's closer to the $750 maximum. Sorry, $750 is a lot of money to me bro.

Though if it encourages people to just steal shit the little things will add up. But no I'm not specifically concerned about diapers.

EDIT: I have no clue how much diapers cost, but I assume you'd need to steal a f*ckton for it to be $750 worth. F*ck that diaper bandit if they do that.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 25th, 2019 at 04:49 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 04:38 PM
dadudemon

The diapers thing wasn't my example it was the example from the article.

I'm more concerned with shit that's closer to the $750 maximum. Sorry, $750 is a lot of money to me bro.

Though if it encourages people to just steal shit the little things will add up. But no I'm not specifically concerned about diapers.

EDIT: I have no clue how much diapers cost, but I assume you'd need to steal a f*ckton for it to be $750 worth. F*ck that diaper bandit if they do that.

My brother in law used to work as a store manager. Petty theft laws changed under his "command." The limit was raised where he was working (the city).

Theft decreased. Theft rates are a product of the SES of the location rather than the laws. The fact that theft rates dropped had nothing to do with the petty theft ceiling being raised. It would be easier on this conversation if I could be dishonest and trick you but there was no correlation.

So why did theft decrease in his store after the law changed? It was policies, processes, and procedures (they call these "PPP") that he implemented. It was the implemented loss mitigation PPPs that resulted in theft reduction. Had nothing to do with the law.

To make it simpler, you're wanting laws to obtain an theft reduction outcome when the two aren't correlative.

But you don't have to take my word for it.

quote:
Since 2001, 35 states have raised felony theft thresholds – the value of stolen goods above which prosecutors may charge the offense as a felony. Critics have warned that higher felony cutoffs will embolden thieves and cause property crimes, including shoplifting, to rise.

However, in spite of critics’ warnings and common-sense conclusions, studies show that increased felony thresholds have not, in fact, negatively affected theft rates.

https://losspreventionmedia.com/cha...-for-retailers/

Last edited by dadudemon on Apr 25th, 2019 at 05:19 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 05:17 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

All I'm saying is 750 is a lot of money. I agree the law can't prevent theft.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 05:20 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 05:21 PM
dadudemon

All I'm saying is 750 is a lot of money. I agree the law can't prevent theft.

If someone steals $500 in diapers, I do not believe it is not for profit. If someone steals a package or two of diapers and they are the same size as their baby? Yeah, let's not send that person to jail anytime soon.

Let's get that person a job or something.

Edit - Check out this wholesome police officer who refused to arrest a grandmother stealing food for her grandkids. Instead of jail, he bought her food. This story got me in the feels. The look on her face.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/1...-of-food-164880

Last edited by dadudemon on Apr 25th, 2019 at 05:27 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 05:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well sure I'm not saying jail a starving guy for taking some food. But the max number here should be like $100 not frickin $750. That shit is wack jack.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 05:27 PM
dadudemon

Well sure I'm not saying jail a starving guy for taking some food. But the max number here should be like $100 not frickin $750. That shit is wack jack.

In Oklahoma, it's $500, I believe. That's considered low.

I think they are targeting 95% of cases or something. Many places are adopting Lean Six Sigma and they go for 3 or 4 sigma values to save the most money (taxpayer dollars). Of course, this law excludes for profit thefts. People stealing to sell stuff. You can rack up quite a hefty grocery bill stealing just a few things. But $750 would be hard to hit.

Edit - Check my edit in my previous post.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 05:30 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I certainly wouldn't have wanted granny arrested. But yeah, I'm sure most of the time it won't be near $750, but just the fact that technically it's possible...that is hard to stomach.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 05:34 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 05:34 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 05:52 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trigger warning, Tim Pool video:

Brunei Uses "Diversity" As Excuse For Stoning Gay People

All cultures are equal.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 06:57 PM