KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Stardust Crusaders

Stardust Crusaders
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FinalAnswer
Flower

Once a player, always a player

(please log in to view the image)

Howdy!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 02:02 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
You guys seen part 4?

I had to force myself to watch it. It got good to me near the end. When the real bad guy was finally revealed.

Best villain of the entire franchise, imo. Instead if an invincible fighter, you have a David Xanatos chess player.

In fact, a lot of things are subverted here. The main character doesn't even get many, if any, upgrades, while a side character keeps getting more powerful.

The fourth leg in general also has a freak parade of esoteric stands, some of them way overpowered. Star Platinum can still beat just about anyone in a fight, but now he's up against Stands that ambush you like a ninja, and have bizarre abilities that are impossible to predict or defend against..

I like it, but the rules are sort of loose and plot dependant, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: like the one that can turn anyone into a book if they look at a manga page initially, but later he can bust the Stand out at will on dogs and cats, who can hardly read a manga page..

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 05:03 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Whenever someone treats a dog poorly in JoJo you know they're evil as ****.

(please log in to view the image)

That's why Kars is obviously the true hero of the series.

Originally posted by cdtm
Best villain of the entire franchise, imo. Instead if an invincible fighter, you have a David Xanatos chess player.
thumb up He's so awesome, my favorite part is when he follows that ******* of a couple home. He just wants a quiet life sad.

Last edited by Yamcha on Aug 11th, 2017 at 01:30 AM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 01:24 AM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Let's all enjoy the Duwang translation right now shall we smile?

Never forget those words.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 01:36 AM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by cdtm

In fact, a lot of things are subverted here. The main character doesn't even get many, if any, upgrades, while a side character keeps getting more powerful.

The fourth leg in general also has a freak parade of esoteric stands, some of them way overpowered. Star Platinum can still beat just about anyone in a fight, but now he's up against Stands that ambush you like a ninja, and have bizarre abilities that are impossible to predict or defend against..

I like it, but the rules are sort of loose and plot dependant, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: like the one that can turn anyone into a book if they look at a manga page initially, but later he can bust the Stand out at will on dogs and cats, who can hardly read a manga page..

I agree I really digged the bad guy. (I forgot his name because I'm terrible at japanese names) But he legit saved the ****ing show and was just awesome. Liked him way better than Dio.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 13th, 2017 07:32 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Plot Hole: After the 4th episode, why didn't Joseph simply commission a private jet from the speedwagon foundation to take them directly to Cairo? The stated concern was the danger they could pose on commercial passenger flights, so why not use your unlimited resources to take a private flight? But then again, I guess this show was more about the journey than anything else. laughing

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 09:15 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Unlimited resources, and he has to borrow from Josuke.

Lets just fill the plot hole in with Joseph's senility. wink (Yes, it started even in Stardust Crusaders, judging by several events such as The Sun.)

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 11:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote