KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Size of Kong in the Monsterverse

Size of Kong in the Monsterverse
Started by: darthbane77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthbane77

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
It was mentioned in the film that Kong was still growing.
They also show the bigger skeletal remains of his family.

Yeah I get Godzilla is vastly more superior in size to Kong.
I just don't like the idea of 2 monster creatures stomping cities to rubble...yet again.

I like the imagery & notion of Kong climbing & swinging from skyscrapers not knocking them down. I like the idea of an agile Kong rather than a colossal one.

The mention of Kong still growing really doesn't prove much though, and I outlined why in the CV thread.

And Kong's parents Skeletons weren't any bigger than Kong himself, based on comparison of the size of the bones next people vs the size of Kong next to people. But I digress.

The idea of Kong being much smaller and using his ape agility and intelligence is, to me, far more appealing than another typical "two big monsters crush skyscrapers and step on people" scenario. And I'm glad you agree, it means I'm not crazy for thinking it, lol.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 06:48 PM
darthbane77 is currently offline Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Point is, this Kong is designed with more human-like features, walking upright with longer legs...compared to Jackson's Kong which was literally an oversized Gorilla.

Jackson's Kong is in my top 10 favs list so I'm constantly imagining that version fighting Godzilla.

Having said that, Skull Island was just as awesome so I have every faith that that version of Kong will not be disappointing either.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 08:16 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote