KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Stan Lee in the MCU

Stan Lee in the MCU
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Stan Lee in the MCU

So, I read an interesting fan theory a while back, where people speculated that his character in every appearance is actually the same individual. Some even believe, especially after GotG vol 2, that he is some kind of cosmic observer who reports to the Watchers. And, based on the latest Defenders teaser, he was also there at various points in the 4 Netflix shows.

What makes it interesting to me is that Kevin Feige has at least somewhat confirmed part of the theory in an interview a little while back:

quote:
“Yes, we always thought it would be fun. Stan Lee clearly exists, you know, above and apart from the reality of all the films. So the notion that he could be sitting there on a cosmic pit stop during the jump gate sequence in Guardians was something very fun – James had that idea and we shot that cameo and loved it so much, you know, you see it a couple of times in the movie. It wasn’t in for a long time and we put it back in towards the end of the process where he references that time he was a Federal Express agent – we thought it would be fun to put that in there because that really says, so wait a minute, he’s this same character who’s popped up in all these films.”

I was wondering what others here thought about this.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 05:30 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 05:52 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)

Well, like I said, Feige himself has suggested it's the same guy throughout, because he references one of his previous cameos while talking to the Watchers.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 06:18 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I think its a neat bit if fanboy magic on their part. thumb up

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 10:17 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by riv6672
I think its a neat bit if fanboy magic on their part. thumb up

Agreed. I think it's really cool myself. Essentially, Stan Lee's cosmic reporter cameo character can be a link between all the unofficial Marvel movie universes over the past two decades (Fox X-Men-verse, MCU, Fantastic Four '05 and '07, Raimi Spider-Man, etc.).

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 05:32 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

He's Uatu.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 05:47 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Mindset
He's Uatu.

That would actually be a clever way of the MCU having Uatu without having him named as such. Because, IIRC, Fox actually owns the rights to that specific character (even though Disney and Fox share the Watchers as a race), so they can't have a character officially called that.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 06:37 PM