KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How Powerful is ROTS Kenobi?

How Powerful is ROTS Kenobi?
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
As for the second part, given that HOT was able to only pull a single collum of the wall with strain while a near dead vitiate was collapsing the entire ceiling, I'm not sure how much of that can be attributed to power.
laughing out loud

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 06:31 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

~ KotFE Outlander.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 07:15 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by NewGuy01
What's this Wild Space showing Rocky keeps referring to?

here:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...1804633/?page=1
post #39 and #46

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 07:59 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Based on the text description, sounds a lot like how other writers would describe a Oneness moment to me.

Regardless, we saw in Clone Wars Legacy that Kenobi couldn't lift that big kyber crystal w/o Anakin's help. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

Assuming I read the same passage you were talking about, I don't see anything to suggest it was a moment of "oneness".

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 07:59 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Stover aside (and even then, debatable), I don't really see Star Wars novels going into deep prologues about the Force imbuing them with life and being enlightened w/o it being an event like Anakin, vs the Vong, Jacen vs Onimi, Luke vs Abeloth, etc.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Whether it's a showing of Oneness or not, it sure as hell isn't a combat applicable showings, either. Dude rooted himself in the Force, while being in a near meditative state.

Hardly comparable, to guys like Malgus that can instantly release tons upon tons of teleketic power in the spur of the moment, with a single repulse.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Stover aside (and even then, debatable), I don't really see Star Wars novels going into deep prologues about the Force imbuing them with life and being enlightened w/o it being an event like Anakin, vs the Vong, Jacen vs Onimi, Luke vs Abeloth, etc.

I guess I'd need more evidence. The description reads like a meditative trance and not much more.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 08:13 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

everything is oneness, but some things are more oneness than others.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 08:15 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

True enough.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 08:20 PM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Huh? Obi Wan stabilized Organa's ship and floated it towards a nearby space station under the influence zero gravity. He didn't propel the ship and Organa still had, at minimum, partial control of the ship.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 08:27 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I'll argue Kenobi>Maul

As a swordsmen it's clear cut, pre-prime Kenobi has repeatedly showcased superiority with a blade to maul despite generally unfavorable circumstances. Even in their 1 v 1 on florrum, Kneobi sowed a slight edge via shadow conspiracy despite not even using battle meditation yet(and unlike the portion in the cave there's no contradiction).

As a force user, while Maul has repeatedly tk'd Kenobi, they've all been circumstantial and its spitballing to say maul still has an edge given clone wars: stealth indicating Kneobi can grow much more powerful over the course of a couple of months(TCW is almost a year away from ROTS) in addition to multiple emotional confrontations(per kotor 2 these lead to growth) and physical ones including most importantly Kenobi finally letting go of his attachment to Anakin.

I'd say he beats Maul by this point in time, but in a really good fight.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'll always maintain SoD Maul = RotS Kenobi, tbh.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 08:43 PM
Darth Thor

Yeah roughly. But they won't be exact equals, and so based on Kenobi beating Mustafar Anakin I'd be inclined to give him the majority.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by ares834
Assuming I read the same passage you were talking about, I don't see anything to suggest it was a moment of "oneness".

Ant likes baselessly throwing feats he doesn't like out so he doesn't have to address them.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah roughly. But they won't be exact equals, and so based on Kenobi beating Mustafar Anakin I'd be inclined to give him the majority.

ROTS Maul is likely close

TCW Maul vs TCW Kenobi is debatable enough

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 10:12 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Ant likes baselessly throwing feats he doesn't like out so he doesn't have to address them.

More like Ant has seen the films and TV shows and knows the power Kenobi should be showing, so when he shows something seemingly well beyond his limits, something's probably up.

Looks like TenebrousWay explained it though.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 11:15 PM
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
More like Ant has seen the films and TV shows and knows the power Kenobi should be showing, so when he shows something seemingly well beyond his limits, something's probably up.

You mean how Anakin showed his Yoda tier powers in the films, where you wank him?

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 11:44 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up Anakin showed his Yoda tier powers against Dooku, when he downed that hoe so fast that even Sidious was jealous.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 11:49 PM
cs_zoltan

You confuse dueling with power. If you go by the moves and TCW Mace can't beat like 30 droids on his own, Yoda struggles with a metal pillar, Anakin gets kicked around by a senator, Dooku can't beat a bunch of pirates, Maul gets floored by a dog etc etc...

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 12:47 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote