KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

The use of the term Father in speaking of God is quite ancient and was around way before Jesus started using the term, even though he used son of man a lot more than son of God.

A son calling someone father in the proud way Jesus did is respecting a worthy father, but if we look at Yahweh, I do not see how anyone could be proud of such a father.

Yahweh is definitely portrayed as being quite vile thanks to his use of genocide, infanticide and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty quite often. Yahweh is also shown to covet Joseph’s wife, cuckold Joseph, produce a son and then take off for parts unknown leaving his responsibility for his son to others thus showing himself to be a deadbeat dad.

Scripture say that we are all sons of God. To be relevant to his children, a father has to be around to interact with them. It seems that God does not want to be relevant to us as he remains absent and places us, his children, at the mercy of people who have written scripture more to enrich themselves than to give us the messages from God that they claim to know. Even though scriptures say that God id unknowable and unfathomable and his desires cannot be known.

My analysis of the bible and God does not show God to be a good father.

Do you, as a child of God, see God as a good father or as more of a deadbeat dad?

Regards
DL

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 12:04 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jesus did seem to show respect for his dad, but the thing is he is his own daddy in a way. Oh and that same daddy made a rule that you need to honor your parents. So technically it is a sin for Jesus to question this genocidal maniac or not show him respect.

There is no "you can disrespect your parents if they are monsters" clause.

The entire thing started when God sent his lesser abominations to flat out tell Mary this was going to happen and that she'd get pregnant.

But in reality we're being trolled. God is a supposedly cosmic being who has a son that is not only his son but another aspect of him, and then expects us all to kneel before God because he let his kid die for like 3 days. A sacrifice is when you actually lose something, not a 72 hour nap in a cave.

He isn't a good parent no more than the crazy women who drown their kids in bathtubs are good parents. I'm not a child of God, and if I am holy shit it's time to get emancipated ASAP.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 12:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Dude didn't even pay child support and got another dude to raise his child. Doesn't get more ghetto than that. lol Not to mention he made a child with soul intent to have him murdered to pay for sins he didn't even commit. Not quite the father I would want.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 06:33 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell and here I thought Batgirl had a shitty father. Suddenly shooting a kid in a non-fatal way to "toughen" them up doesn't seem so bad.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 08:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Jesus did seem to show respect for his dad, but the thing is he is his own daddy in a way. Oh and that same daddy made a rule that you need to honor your parents. So technically it is a sin for Jesus to question this genocidal maniac or not show him respect.

There is no "you can disrespect your parents if they are monsters" clause.

The entire thing started when God sent his lesser abominations to flat out tell Mary this was going to happen and that she'd get pregnant.

But in reality we're being trolled. God is a supposedly cosmic being who has a son that is not only his son but another aspect of him, and then expects us all to kneel before God because he let his kid die for like 3 days. A sacrifice is when you actually lose something, not a 72 hour nap in a cave.

He isn't a good parent no more than the crazy women who drown their kids in bathtubs are good parents. I'm not a child of God, and if I am holy shit it's time to get emancipated ASAP.

Close enough to perfect moral thinking for me.

Regards
DL

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 06:04 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520
Dude didn't even pay child support and got another dude to raise his child. Doesn't get more ghetto than that. lol Not to mention he made a child with soul intent to have him murdered to pay for sins he didn't even commit. Not quite the father I would want.

Even Satan would not be such a prick, if she existed.

Did you ever notice how Christianity represented Satan as part female and part serpent so as to denigrate both women and the serpent cults in many parts of their known world?

Regards
DL

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 06:08 PM