KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Sentry

Superman vs Sentry
Started by: panthergod

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

What do you define as around me? Did he mean the Solar System? How do you know he didn't mean the Universe when he said the molecules around me? Maybe he just meant the molecules in a 10 foot radius?

It's not something anyone can answer and focusing on one statement to ignore the clear purpose and implications of the comic: "That Reynolds is a mental patient with more power than God and no ability to control it." is some Carver level shit. Especially since we have a well established history for Owen Reece's incredible power.

I don't think Bendis intended him to be a Multiversal destroying entity but why does that matter? Bendis had very clear boundaries on the power of Cosmics but he still choose Owen Reece to demonstrate the scary boundaries of Sentry's power. Boundaries that are far more on the level of a cosmic being than Superman or any other herald level being.

You guys are smoking weed here if you don't think Sentry would have turned Superman into a tulip in that moment. Defining the boundaries of Molecule Man over a phrase is retarded. He has absolute molecular control of everything around him. Whether it's a Multiverse or the planet Earth, he's more or less God and he clearly saw Sentry as a peer.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Dar...sue-13?id=17526

Sentry/Void are closer to God in that sense: The entire arc focused on Sentry's inability to die and having the power to do basically anything. A lot of cognitive dissonance going on here instead of just pointing out that Superman gets tentacle raped and moving on. I swear, you can make a Superman vs. Galactus thread and it would still reach ten pages with an asterisk on how possibly it can go the other way because Galactus might suck.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Aug 4th, 2017 at 03:14 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:07 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Mate, that's not his lack of confidence that weakens his powers.

That's only his beliefs in his powers

Well if he doesn't belief in himself or his powers it is because of his lack of confidence.

When he is confident on his powers or that he can do something his power changes.

Look if Sentry will have done this vs Owen in Secret Wars 2 it will be a different story. But no he did it IMO vs a character that is portrayed as mentally unstable, projecting constructs that he is not even aware of, he was even afraid of Reed, when was molecule man afraid of Reed on Secret Wars 1 or 2 or in the new one? Hell he even ate maker as pizza because when confident he knows he can do anything.

Personally I think that if you were to pit this Dark Avengers MM vs any Secret Wars MM he will get eaten alive and I don't think many will think that this will end on a stalemate or DA MM win. It will be SC MM the one who will always win.

No problem with a character being more powerful than SM either. You were to ask me Rao who wins? Secret wars MM vs OWAW Superman i will tell you right away Owen will win. But not in the case of Dark Avengers MM to be honest.

Now the painkillers are kicking in and I am feeling woosy so I will keep reading nice talking to you buddy. smile

I know we might not agree on this issue, but no problem, just letting a few thoughts free on the air. smile

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:18 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I think he meant the multiverse.

Maybe he was breaking the 4th wall, and meant the actual molecules of the comic book it was printed on.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:20 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
How do you know he didn't mean the Universe when he said the molecules around me?
This is a candidate for the stupidest thing written this year. Congratulations, dumby.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I think he meant the multiverse.

Maybe he was breaking the 4th wall, and meant the actual molecules of the comic book it was printed on.

Sentry superior to Grant Morrison confirmed.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:21 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by Enzeru
What I've always argued for however, is that he was AT LEAST... AT THE VERY LEAST a mid to high trans level character. Anything below that isn't going to do to the Sentry what Molecule Man was able to do
Then we're not in very much disagreement. I'd put him low-mid trans.

That can't be backed up by feats, btw, so don't count on it in an argument - but as far as impressions go, I'm not against you.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:23 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Philosophía
This is a candidate for the stupidest thing written this year. Congratulations, dumby.

thumb up you know I'm right.

I can read every comic in the world.

Well, the ones around me.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:24 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Originally posted by Rao Kal El

Now the painkillers are kicking in and I am feeling woosy so

May I ask why the painkillers?

I got pumped full with those a couple of days ago pre, during and after my surgery.
My pee and sweat smelled like death, while I was on them and the antibiotics and the narcotics.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:24 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
thumb up you know I'm right.

I can read every comic in the world.

Well, the ones around me.

Ha! Pinche Dark thumb up laughing

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:25 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

I thought the point I made was fairly easy to grasp. Sorry, I'll dumb it down to you: We have no idea by what he meant by "around me" and it's irrelevant to the point of the issue.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:32 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Well if he doesn't belief in himself or his powers it is because of his lack of confidence.

He isn't Gladiator but I understand why it's confusing. ^^

quote:
When he is confident on his powers or that he can do something his power changes.

More or less that. smile

quote:
Look if Sentry will have done this vs Owen in Secret Wars 2 it will be a different story. But no he did it IMO vs a character that is portrayed as mentally unstable, projecting constructs that he is not even aware of, he was even afraid of Reed, when was molecule man afraid of Reed on Secret Wars 1 or 2 or in the new one? Hell he even ate maker as pizza because when confident he knows he can do anything.

The point is that he was nut BUT we know thanks to the Dark Reign Files that there was some assessment about Owen unable to do certain feats AND in Dinosaur, he stated that he could do the things that he was unable to do in the assessments. It sounds logical to say that as Owen got rid of those limitations he isn't limited anymore thus at full power.

quote:
Personally I think that if you were to pit this Dark Avengers MM vs any Secret Wars MM he will get eaten alive and I don't think many will think that this will end on a stalemate or DA MM win. It will be SC MM the one who will always win.

Noooo.

DA MM is a lot more skilled SW MM for the same unlimited power-level.

quote:
No problem with a character being more powerful than SM either. You were to ask me Rao who wins? Secret wars MM vs OWAW Superman i will tell you right away Owen will win. But not in the case of Dark Avengers MM to be honest.

Ok.

quote:
Now the painkillers are kicking in and I am feeling woosy so I will keep reading nice talking to you buddy. smile

Man, I wish you to get better very soon.

I've seen on medicalxpress, futurism and many other sites that huge improvements are made, it's just a matter of time before they find something. smile

quote:
I know we might not agree on this issue, but no problem, just letting a few thoughts free on the air. smile

wink

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:32 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

What do you define as around me? Did he mean the Solar System? How do you know he didn't mean the Universe when he said the molecules around me? Maybe he just meant the molecules in a 10 foot radius?

It's not something anyone can answer and focusing on one statement to ignore the clear purpose and implications of the comic: "That Reynolds is a mental patient with more power than God and no ability to control it." is some Carver level shit. Especially since we have a well established history for Owen Reece's incredible power.

I don't think Bendis intended him to be a Multiversal destroying entity but why does that matter? Bendis had very clear boundaries on the power of Cosmics but he still choose Owen Reece to demonstrate the scary boundaries of Sentry's power. Boundaries that are far more on the level of a cosmic being than Superman or any other herald level being.

You guys are smoking weed here if you don't think Sentry would have turned Superman into a tulip in that moment. Defining the boundaries of Molecule Man over a phrase is retarded. He has absolute molecular control of everything around him. Whether it's a Multiverse or the planet Earth, he's more or less God and he clearly saw Sentry as a peer.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Dar...sue-13?id=17526

Sentry/Void are closer to God in that sense: The entire arc focused on Sentry's inability to die and having the power to do basically anything. A lot of cognitive dissonance going on here instead of just pointing out that Superman gets tentacle raped and moving on. I swear, you can make a Superman vs. Galactus thread and it would still reach ten pages with an asterisk on how possibly it can go the other way because Galactus might suck.

laughing out loud

Except when it comes to Thor. Then all bets are off and Thor can even kill Void Sentry.

Even in Hickman's Avengers, Molecule Men were only universal level in power. And a lot of them got killed by Doom.

But nevermind, Molecule Man is some kind of cosmic badass because Sentry beats him.

What about Morgana Le Fey. And Noh-varr's gun?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:33 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Molecule Man can reach into the atoms of the real world, and shrink people's brains.

Proof: rage.

QED.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:35 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Enzeru
I know that. And that's also something I've been arguing for.

The last time we saw Molecule Man before he fought the Sentry, he was in the Raft. A prison for regular people. A bio had stated, that SHIELD managed to capture him, while he was in a weird mental state and his power level was manageable.

So a crazy mental state clearly makes Molecule Man weaker and in Dark Avengers he was talking to illusions. Molecule Man was clearly crazy and hence weaker, than we would expect him to be.

I've never ever argued, that it was the multiversal or hell even an universal version of the character.
What I've always argued for however, is that he was AT LEAST... AT THE VERY LEAST a mid to high trans level character. Anything below that isn't going to do to the Sentry what Molecule Man was able to do:

Ripping the Sentry apart on a physical and on a molecular level. It takes insane amounts of power to achieve that, since we're talking about a guy, who while depowered took attacks from World War Hulk. And asked for more. Sentry tanked Thors strongest attacks. Planet busting attacks from Genis-Vell. Sentry fought Void in 1v1s - the same creature, that broke all the bones in Hulks body without even trying.

You simply don't rip someone like that apart, if you're a town level molecule manipulator. You just don't.

What is World War Hulk in your opinion? Higher than a low trans character? Lower actually?

No matter how you look at it, I don't think it's crazy to say, that Hulk is a high herald in the strength and durability (healing factor) depoartment. He might be a mid herald due to his lack of versatility, but nothing lower. And in World War Hulk his strength and durability got amped so much further than ever before.
World War Hulk was at least a low trans character.

And then you had the Sentry punching it out with that guy. And I've went out of my way to explain that the Sentry we saw there was the weakest Sentry we had ever seen.
And that guy went toe on toe with the Hulk for multiple pages, until both burnt themselves out. That depowered Sentry made the Hulk use all of his energy to inflict damage on the Sentry, or healing factor to keep healing all the damage he was receiving... Whatever. Hulk and Sentry both used everything and reverted back.

And Sentry just went up from there power level wise.
I personally argue that Sentry is the most powerful trans level character in comics. Not on the level of Skyfathers like Odin, but high heralds like Thor aren't an issue for him. And with his X-factor of him being a wild card, I'm never surprised, when he comes up with even more ridiculous showings... like for example him defeating the Molecule Man. Or him supposedly fighting Galactus to a standstill. Or him outperforming the combined powers of over 100 heroes, that were amped with Hulks gamma radiation.

Marvel has called the Sentry the most powerful superhero in the Marvel universe. So have a couple of Marvel characters. Why shouldn't I do the same ?_?

So how powerful is Morgana?

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...s+002+pg+22.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...s+002+pg+23.jpg

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:39 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Molecule Man can reach into the atoms of the real world, and shrink people's brains.

QED.

laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Except when it comes to Thor. Then all bets are off and Thor can even kill Void Sentry.

Even in Hickman's Avengers, Molecule Men were only universal level in power. And a lot of them got killed by Doom.

But nevermind, Molecule Man is some kind of cosmic badass because Sentry beats him.

What about Morgana Le Fey. And Noh-varr's gun?

He can kill him sure. With Reynolds assisting and wanting to stay dead.

Hickman completely revamped the concept of Owen Reece so I have no idea of how that is relevant.

I don't know what any of that has to do with anything except to prove that his durability fluctuates and he cannot die. Something everyone knows already.

Rage.Of.Olympus

....what does Morgana going back in time and killing Sentry in some distant past (I.e smothering him in his crib or something) have to do with this thread or Sentry's power levels.

Especially since he resurrected unharmed.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:41 PM
carver9

....what does Morgana going back in time and killing Sentry in some distant past (I.e smothering him in his crib or something) have to do with this thread or Sentry's power levels.

Especially since he resurrected unharmed.

thumb up

He resurrected himself after being killed in the past. That's freaking insane.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:43 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

QED.

I don't understand why you're so frustrated here. I get it, you debated a non-point that has no relevance to the outcome and you felt stupid for it but just brush it off and move on.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:43 PM
Philosophía

I don't understand
Blame Owen.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:45 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
thumb up

He resurrected himself after being killed in the past. That's freaking insane.

True. Nobody in the JLA can do the same. Dead is dead. thumb up

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 03:45 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote