KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wally West vs Sentry (Void)

Wally West vs Sentry (Void)
Started by: Adam Grimes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nah it's not to kill. Just has to win in a forum, with Flash at his highest levels and Sentry at the levels seen in Siege, with the Void in play.

I see, yeah, Wally wins with ease then.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 08:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Duh

D'oh !

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
That would only apply to facts and as we talk about comics, opinions and interpretations a poll is still an good means to see how the people see it. Except of course if you are one of those people who really believe that they are right and anyone else wrong... there is a name for such people.

I only use facts and they don't matter about opinions.

The point isn't about beliefs.

Your paragraph is basically an appeal to use Argumentum Ad Populum.

Originally posted by Surtur
I think in overall power Sentry is indeed superior to Wally. But when it comes to speed, if we're going to let him cut loose, Sentry will be a statue to Wally.

1) A statue capable to act..

2) You know that you can destroy a plane via the use of an appropriate weapon despite being a statue compared to the plane. Same logic here, Flash being fast doesn't make him impossible to target or beat down.

3) If Sentry doesn't move he will be a statue, if he moves he can track Flash but that's not necessary.

4) Flash can't go beyond light-speed without being absorbed into the Speed Force, that's canon.

quote:
Even without the speed steal, Wally would have an eternity to act from his point of view.

He is still limited to as much actions as Sentry does in the same time-frame.

quote:
I just don't see what he can do to permanently keep Sentry down.

Same, especially considering how little feats Wally has against Superman-level characters...

Did he even beat one ?

quote:
Eventually the guy is gonna throw off a massive AoE blast and Wally is vaporized.

That or other things...

He can wish Wally out of existence, use his telepathy to control him, use his telekinesis on him, manipulate the speed force, depower wally...

Whatever... Sentry manipulate the reality on a molecular level, he can do everything.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wally technically is immortal... outrunning his own death and all that.

Not to mention, if you think about it,he lives- from his perspective - for thousands of years in the blink of an eye.

So every second that passes,he's actually living thousands of years. SF is making him immortal.

You are stretching a bit...

quote:
He can still BFR him

Remember us how he was incapable to BFR Superboy Prime on his own please...

And SBP isn't even half as powerful as Sentry is...

quote:
or speed steal etc.

Sentry is stated to have infinite Speed, to be one second ahead of time and to manipulate Space and Time.

The Flash can't speed steal Zoom because his speed comes from his Time powers.

There is 0 chances for Wally to speed steal Sentry.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 08:34 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Wally can steal Sentry's speed (he doesn't need to though as one moment in Sentry's mind is billions of years in Wally's mind). You haven't given an argument to why he can't. You're just saying he can't. Wally not speed stealing from character X in a comic doesn't mean that he can't in a forum. Zoom controls time of his body, Sentry doesn't.

There are other ways Wally can win.

Wally can bfr Sentry.

Wally can keep Sentry from reforming long enough to constitute as a forum win.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 09:09 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by RealityWarper
D'oh !

1) A statue capable to act..

2) You know that you can destroy a plane via the use of an appropriate weapon despite being a statue compared to the plane. Same logic here, Flash being fast doesn't make him impossible to target or beat down.

3) If Sentry doesn't move he will be a statue, if he moves he can track Flash but that's not necessary.

4) Flash can't go beyond light-speed without being absorbed into the Speed Force, that's canon.

He is still limited to as much actions as Sentry does in the same time-frame.

Same, especially considering how little feats Wally has against Superman-level characters...

Did he even beat one ?

That or other things...

He can wish Wally out of existence, use his telepathy to control him, use his telekinesis on him, manipulate the speed force, depower wally...

Whatever... Sentry manipulate the reality on a molecular level, he can do everything.

You are stretching a bit...

Remember us how he was incapable to BFR Superboy Prime on his own please...

And SBP isn't even half as powerful as Sentry is...

Sentry is stated to have infinite Speed, to be one second ahead of time and to manipulate Space and Time.

The Flash can't speed steal Zoom because his speed comes from his Time powers.

There is 0 chances for Wally to speed steal Sentry.
This post is phucking stupid.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 09:33 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by h1a8
Wally can steal Sentry's speed (he doesn't need to though as one moment in Sentry's mind is billions of years in Wally's mind).

He cannot.

1) Sentry is a reality warper / molecule manipulator superior to Molecule Man in raw power meaning that he can manipulate all Energy, all Matter, Space, Time, whatever he wants.

2) Sentry is stated to have Infinite Speed in Storming Asgard.

3) Sentry manipulates Time from Day one, he was able to pass through Reed Richard's stasis Field without being affected.

quote:
You haven't given an argument to why he can't. You're just saying he can't.

I've just did it again.

Hand-waving evidence will not make it disappear.

quote:
Wally not speed stealing from character X in a comic doesn't mean that he can't in a forum. Zoom controls time of his body, Sentry doesn't.

Sentry control more than Time of his body.

Reality Warping / Molecule Manipulation

quote:
There are other ways Wally can win.

He has yet to prove that he can do anything to anyone at Molecule Man-level and above.

I'm not just talking about fis Infinite Power-level but his versatility too.

quote:
Wally can bfr Sentry.

He couldn't BFR Superemoboy Prime on his own, he will not BFR Sentry whom can disintegrate him on a whim or kill him by accident...

quote:
Wally can keep Sentry from reforming long enough to constitute as a forum win.

Wally has yet to prove that he can even hurt Sentry and stop him from using his powers which he cannot.

This post is phucking stupid.

I don't even know why I bother reading your answer to it.

Boredom I guess.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 09:43 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

k

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 10:31 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

What we have are two characters that verge on the 'No Limits Fallacy'. Its no use in trying to debate this because you'll never get anywhere. People are saying the Flash can supposedly steal speed from anybody even down to mental thought, so how can he lose? On the other hand you have the Sentry that cant be put down and has a vast array of powers, so how can he lose?

Its just tireless and useless to debate this.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 11:49 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by tkitna
What we have are two characters that verge on the 'No Limits Fallacy'. Its no use in trying to debate this because you'll never get anywhere. People are saying the Flash can supposedly steal speed from anybody even down to mental thought, so how can he lose? On the other hand you have the Sentry that cant be put down and has a vast array of powers, so how can he lose?

thumb up

Couldn't agree more.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 12:20 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Flash has 2 other ways to win

1.bfr
2. Keep Sentry from reforming long enough to constitute as a forum win.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 11:07 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

One is a real no limit fallacy though. Sentry can be put down. His fans need to accept that and move on.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 11:10 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend
One is a real no limit fallacy though. Sentry can be put down. His fans need to accept that and move on.

"No limit fallacy" doesn't exist in the list of logical fallacies.

It's a term made-up by fanboys to avoid giving arguments for the character they are defending or because of the lack of said arguments.

On topic:

Molecule Man was incapable to put Sentry down, Wally will not put Sentry down neither.

The most probable scenario considering the forum setting is that Void will wish Wally out of existence making this a spite thread of cosmic proportions.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 04:06 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Things like CIP, CIS, PIS, feat sharing, etc are also made up by fanboys no? Weren't they created to help govern a very dynamic setting for debate such as comic book parley?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 05:15 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Things like CIP, CIS, PIS,

I never use any of those, they are completely subjective and ruin the debate.

All that I use is the context of the feats.

quote:
feat sharing,

This one is normal when in context.

quote:
etc are also made up by fanboys no? Weren't they created to help govern a very dynamic setting for debate such as comic book parley?

Feats aren't made-up.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 05:45 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

You should stop using phrases you don't understand.

Interesting is different from right or wrong.

I was rather explaining that people who believe in facts, when it comes to comics that are interpreted differently by other people and who above that believe to be the selected few who know the "truth" when there are enough people who disagree are megalomaniac morons. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 05:53 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

You should stop using phrases you don't understand.

Interesting is different from right or wrong.

I was rather explaining that people who believe in facts, when it comes to comics that are interpreted differently by other people and who above that believe to be the selected few who know the "truth" when there are enough people who disagree are megalomaniac morons. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh because you think that you aren't making-up your own context to fit your beliefs instead of using facts and proof when it comes to the Sentry ?

That's a rhetorical question.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 05:59 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I never use any of those, they are completely subjective and ruin the debate.

All that I use is the context of the feats.

This one is normal when in context.

Feats aren't made-up.
Iow you need to simplify debates becase you can't handle so many terms?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 06:12 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Oh because you think that you aren't making-up your own context to fit your beliefs instead of using facts and proof when it comes to the Sentry ?

That's a rhetorical question.

Jesus. I will answer it anyway because you got it wrong as always.

Do I think that I am right when offering my opinion? Yes. Do I think/believe that my opinion is the ultimate truth and all other are wrong? No. Do I consider the opinions of others and their interpretation of the context and compare it to my own? Yes. Do I disregard them anyway like an arse? Yes. At least if they are not better than mine, in my opinion. Does that mean it makes it near impossible to change my stance, like it#s almost impossible to change the stance of anyone in here? Yes.

This is not an contradiction btw, to think that ones interpretation is better than the others but still being aware that it's just an phucking opinion/interpretation and not a fact. I use the word fact only to piss people off, at least the people I consider to be dense. I hope that helps you in the future.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 06:14 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by abhilegend

Only if he so chooses.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 06:17 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Only if he so chooses.

That's what I'm talking about. It's never shown in comics but sentry fanboys like you think that nobody can beat Sentry unless he wants to.

No wonder he is in limbo.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 06:25 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Iow you need to simplify debates becase you can't handle so many terms?

I don't simplify the debate.

I don't hide behind made-up terms unacceptable in a debate.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 06:25 PM