KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Bane vs Anakin Skywalker: who was more successful?

Darth Bane vs Anakin Skywalker: who was more successful?
Started by: Deronn_solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Darth Bane vs Anakin Skywalker: who was more successful?

Who succeeded better at their destined prophecy? Anakin as 'the Chosen One' or Darth Bane as the 'Sith'ari'?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The First order still exists in Canon so Anakin never truly defeated the darkside, and if anything the remnants of the empire/Snokes relative success in comparison to Luke living as a hermit/the orders Extinction leads me to believe Anakin wasn't as successful unless you want to play semantics and say Anakin was only intended to "bring balance" and destroy Sidious not utterly destroy the darkside or the empire.

In Legends Sidious comes back and the Sith still exist calling into Anakins sacrifice entirely

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 08:49 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
The First order still exists in Canon so Anakin never truly defeated the darkside, and if anything the remnants of the empire/Snokes relative success in comparison to Luke living as a hermit/the orders Extinction leads me to believe Anakin wasn't as successful unless you want to play semantics and say Anakin was only intended to "bring balance" and destroy Sidious not utterly destroy the darkside or the empire.

In Legends Sidious comes back and the Sith still exist calling into Anakins sacrifice entirely
So Bane wins?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 09:14 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Bane can never win...

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 10:14 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Re: Darth Bane vs Anakin Skywalker: who was more successful?

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Who succeeded better at their destined prophecy? Anakin as 'the Chosen One' or Darth Bane as the 'Sith'ari'?

Anakin's legacy is literally that he murdered Bane's legacy. I think the winner here is obvious.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 10:55 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Which is totally why Sidious returned in Dark Empire, lel

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 11:13 PM
darthbane77

Bane's legacy outlived the prophecy of the Chosen One, and given the Force seemed to have not really been at all balanced after Sheev's death (in either canon or EU) it's obvious that Anakin failed. Bane did not.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 11:19 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Bane can never win...

True... What to do, what to do...

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 12:29 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Which is totally why Sidious returned in Dark Empire, lel

Then got killed by Anakin's children. thumb up

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 02:41 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

yea, if we count skywalkers as part of Anakin's legacy, then yea, Anakin fcking won

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Anakin because Bane wasn't even the Sith'ari to begin with.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 04:17 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Honestly, Bane.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 04:20 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Re: Re: Darth Bane vs Anakin Skywalker: who was more successful?

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Anakin's legacy is literally that he murdered Bane's legacy. I think the winner here is obvious.
thumb up

Because of Anakin, Bane's ultimate plan failed. bane dies

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 11:21 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Depends.
In Legends, Anakin won.
In Canon, neither of them, really. Bane's Sith Order died at the hands of Anakin, but the Jedi+New Republic got absolutely streamrolled by the First Order that, while a Dark Side organization, is not Sith.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 11:41 AM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by Azronger
Bane wasn't even the Sith'ari to begin with.

literally, wat?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Palpatine claims to be the Sith'ari too.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 04:18 AM
UCanShootMyNova

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 04:19 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
literally, wat?

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...-sithari/84974/

Check out the living embodiment of the dark side section of my Sidious thread too. It explains how Sidious is the Sith'ari.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/star...thread-1877280/

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 05:19 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Bane dies

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 07:10 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Sith'ari is just someone who completely overthrows the 'current' Sith system.

Darth Bane was the first Sith'ari; then it was Darth Sidious(but he got inspiration from Darth Plagueis); finally it was Darth Krayt.

Three Sith'ari.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote