KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » American Muslims More Accepting Than Evangelicals of Gay People

American Muslims More Accepting Than Evangelicals of Gay People
Started by: Adam_PoE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam_PoE

American Muslims More Accepting Than Evangelicals of Gay People

A recent survey has found that American Muslims are now more accepting than evangelicals of gay people.

Conducted between January and May of this year, 52% of Muslim respondents to the Pew Research Center survey said that homosexuality should be accepted by society.

However, only 34% of evangelical Protestants said they believe homosexuality should be accepted. This is the smallest percentage of any group surveyed.

Additionally, the survey found that mainline Protestants have the highest acceptance rate of gay people, with 76% saying it should be accepted by society.

Read the survey results HERE.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 12:35 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Pretty low bar, lol, but I'm glad.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 12:36 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pew researchlaughing out loud

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 12:37 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

They are just saying they feel that way until they can manage to take over, then its back to their good old stoneings and tossing off of tall buildings like they really believe. The Good Muslim Way.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 06:11 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

The unaffiliated still rank the highest. lol

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 03:11 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

It's not really that surprising when you consider that American Muslims seem to be more moderate than their European counterparts, on average. And certainly much more moderate than Muslims that live in Muslim majority countries.

Where as American Evangelicals are among the most conservative strands of modern Christianity. That is assuming you don't include Africa, which is an entirely different story altogether.

Last edited by Afro Cheese on Aug 5th, 2017 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 11:49 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

That and you have to remember that in the Muslim Religion it is ok to LIE to get your real motives and beliefs installed into the society you are invading....just pointing that out.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 11:57 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
That and you have to remember that in the Muslim Religion it is ok to LIE to get your real motives and beliefs installed into the society you are invading....just pointing that out.

This is a good point. How can people truly trust any answer a Muslim gives in a survey then?

This is not to say I have a hard time believing the results of this survey.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 01:03 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

i've heard that before... what is the source?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 02:05 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
i've heard that before... what is the source?

Its called Al-Taqiyya. Look it up.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 02:57 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd also be curious as to how the American Muslims that do not accept gays treat gays in comparison to how the Evangelicals who do not accept them treat them.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 04:47 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Well, there's a reason why Evangelicals sometimes are called the American Taliban.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 05:54 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

That probably says more about the people who call them that then the actual evangelicals themselves.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 05:54 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

That probably says more about the people who call them that then the actual evangelicals themselves.

I think their own beliefs say enough about them. The statistic we're talking about here is just one example.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 05:58 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I think their own beliefs say enough about them. The statistic we're talking about here is just one example.

It could also say something about you're beliefs, or lack thereof.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 05:59 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

It could also say something about you're beliefs, or lack thereof.

Like what? That homosexuals aren't evil or "sinful"?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 06:02 AM
Flyattractor

More about how some feel it is their cause to vilify those with religious beliefs when they themselves have none.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 06:05 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

More about how some feel it is their cause to vilify those with religious beliefs when they themselves have none.

As opposed to those with religious beliefs who feel it is their cause to vilify people based on what they do in their bedroom or whom they wish to marry? Let's not pretend that having religious beliefs somehow grants you a moral high ground.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 06:28 AM
Flyattractor

Coming from those that act the same way in the opposite way.

Kettle Pot Black.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 06:40 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Coming from those that act the same way in the opposite way.

Kettle Pot Black.

Are you talking about the people trying to prevent heterosexual marriages? Cause they don't really exist.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 06:51 AM