KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » American Muslims More Accepting Than Evangelicals of Gay People

American Muslims More Accepting Than Evangelicals of Gay People
Started by: Adam_PoE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

No. More like those that are being punished for holding a differing opinion and trying to hold on to their beliefs. Something that happens on both sides.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 06:59 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
No. More like those that are being punished for holding a differing opinion and trying to hold on to their beliefs. Something that happens on both sides.

I'm curious as to what you mean by 'being punished'. Not being allowed to discriminate or being called out on shitty behavior and ideas is not 'being punished', if that's what you meant.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 04:48 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Well, there's a reason why Evangelicals sometimes are called the American Taliban.

So are we talking like...shit like "If you're gay you're going to hell, god hates f*gs" which is horrible, but there is the other kind of gay hatred too. There is also the "you should be in prison if you're gay or perhaps even chucked off the top of a tall building" kind of hatred.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 05:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Yeah, but these are the most liberal Muslims out there whereas Evangelics are the most conservative Christians that exist and some of them think using the toilet or shaving is a sin, lol. laughing

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 07:14 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by Surtur
So are we talking like...shit like "If you're gay you're going to hell, god hates f*gs" which is horrible, but there is the other kind of gay hatred too. There is also the "you should be in prison if you're gay or perhaps even chucked off the top of a tall building" kind of hatred.
I've seen Amrican Christian fundamentalists advocating the death penalty for gays. It's probably a more common train of thought than you think. It is basically in accordance with the laws of the Torah.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 09:44 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by MythLord
Yeah, but these are the most liberal Muslims out there whereas Evangelics are the most conservative Christians that exist...

Yeah, I was going to point out something like that. Seems like sort of a skewed survey.

I don't think we have nearly as many super conservative and strict Muslims here as in Muslim majority countries.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 10:57 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: American Muslims More Accepting Than Evangelicals of Gay People

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
A recent survey has found that American Muslims are now more accepting than evangelicals of gay people.

Conducted between January and May of this year, 52% of Muslim respondents to the Pew Research Center survey said that homosexuality should be accepted by society.

However, only 34% of evangelical Protestants said they believe homosexuality should be accepted. This is the smallest percentage of any group surveyed.

Additionally, the survey found that mainline Protestants have the highest acceptance rate of gay people, with 76% saying it should be accepted by society.

Read the survey results HERE.

Dude, this is US muslims.

That only says what they think about non Muslim communities. It's like asking a Mexican immigrant "Are you accepting of Americans drinking piss and eating shit", and they'd say yes, but a strong no to Mexicans doing that shite.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 04:40 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Re: Re: American Muslims More Accepting Than Evangelicals of Gay People

Originally posted by cdtm

Yeah, it says that right in the title.

That only says what they think about non Muslim communities. It's like asking a Mexican immigrant "Are you accepting of Americans drinking piss and eating shit", and they'd say yes, but a strong no to Mexicans doing that shite.

Consuming urine and feces is binary proposition: either you oppose it or you do not; nobody is making those distinctions.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 05:08 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Re: American Muslims More Accepting Than Evangelicals of Gay People

Wow I love how the first page of this thread turned into "let's assume the muslims are lying"

Just because... you know they're muslim, they all lie... lmao

Which means they are likely more educated than the average Muslim in a third world country.

There's another survey which shows American Muslims were the group most against harming/killing civilians under any circumstances.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 10:52 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even if this poll is accurate, why should I give a shit about it?

God, Himself, says that when a man lies with another man it is an abomination. He wiped out both Sodom and Gomorrah because they were filled with sodomites (that is actually where the word 'sodomite' comes from).

God does not recognize a thing called "same sex marriage" either which is a contradiction in terms according to what the Bible defines as marriage.

I just find it laughable that Adam posting this thought it was gonna make evangelicals feel bad.

If you think homosexual activity is perfectly fine then your problem is with God, Himself.... not evangelicals or any other type of Christian.

And what is meant by "accepting" here? There are different levels of that. Pretty sure you won't see many evangelicals calling for gays to be pushed off buildings the way that muslims do it in the ME.

Theoretically gay people can be saved if they truly accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior just as any other type of sinner could be saved. Thing is though, they don't want to retain God in their knowledge because He gets in the way of their lifestyle. The Bible said that God gave them over to a reprobate mind BECAUSE they didn't actually WANT to retain Him in their knowledge.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 8th, 2021 at 12:07 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 11:57 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I've seen Amrican Christian fundamentalists advocating the death penalty for gays. It's probably a more common train of thought than you think. It is basically in accordance with the laws of the Torah.

I consider myself to be a Christian Fundamentalist and I don't advocate for that.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 12:28 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Even if this poll is accurate, why should I give a shit about it?

You obviously feel some type of way about it:

I just find it laughable that Adam posting this thought it was gonna make evangelicals feel bad.

Do not shoot the messenger, I am just reporting facts: U.S. Muslims are better than U.S. Evangelicals. If you do not like it, do not be bitter, just do better.

God, Himself, says that when a man lies with another man it is an abomination. He wiped out both Sodom and Gomorrah because they were filled with sodomites (that is actually where the word 'sodomite' comes from).

. . . If you think homosexual activity is perfectly fine then your problem is with God, Himself...not evangelicals or any other type of Christian.

Now do men who are sexually attracted to transsexuals.

God does not recognize a thing called "same sex marriage" either which is a contradiction in terms according to what the Bible defines as marriage.

(please log in to view the image)

And what is meant by "accepting" here? There are different levels of that. Pretty sure you won't see many evangelicals calling for gays to be pushed off buildings the way that muslims do it in the ME.

There are Christians in America who want to make homosexuality illegal. There are sitting elected representatives who suggested putting gays and lesbians in concentration camps. This notion that oppressive Muslim ideologies pose a greater threat than oppressive Christian ideologies in this country is just not true.

The recriminalization of homosexuality and the incarceration of gays and lesbians is part of the official platform of the Montana Republican party since the U.S. Supreme Court struck down laws against sodomy.

The pastor of Providence Road Baptist Church posted a video of a sermon in which he says he "wants to round gays up behind an electric fence and wait for them to die off."

These are people and groups with real political power and cultural influence in the United States, unlike members of a small and marginalized minority religion.

Theoretically gay people can be saved if they truly accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior just as any other type of sinner could be saved. Thing is though, they don't want to retain God in their knowledge because He gets in the way of their lifestyle. The Bible said that God gave them over to a reprobate mind BECAUSE they didn't actually WANT to retain Him in their knowledge.

This is a spectacularly bad argument every time Christian apologists make it, because not only is it an improper appeal to motivation in place of support, but one does not need to reject a particular moral framework in order to live how he pleases when that framework already permits him to live how he pleases.

For the simple-minded, that means if god permits one to follow a set of proscriptive rules or to not follow them, then one can simply choose to not follow them; it does not requiring rejecting the entire framework to make a choice within the framework.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 06:29 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This thread is over four years old and I bet American Muslims are still more accepting of homosexuals than Evangelicals, who are an awful, deplorable bunch of fake Christians.

Probably more so than many American Christian groups, wouldn't surprise me.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 06:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remind me again what the faith was of the Pulse Nightclub shooter.

Oh, that's right.... he was a muslim.

Shocker.roll eyes (sarcastic)

While we're on the subject, when was the last time a so-called "Christian" went and specifically shot up a bunch of gays? It's odd, no matter how hard I strain my memory nothing is coming to mind.

Help me out here, Christian-haters. wink

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 8th, 2021 at 06:58 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 06:49 PM
Adam_PoE

Remind me again what the faith was of the Pulse Nightclub shooter.

Oh, that's right.... he was a muslim.

Shocker.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Now do the Pittsburgh Tree of Life synagogue shooter. I do not think you want to go down this road.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 06:54 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ima firing my blah!

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 05:10 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Now do the Pittsburgh Tree of Life synagogue shooter. I do not think you want to go down this road.

Am i wrong in recalling Adam_PoE was an unusually handsome chap?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 09:54 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, I do actually. Put your money where your mouth is, dude.

Prove he was a Christian.

Even if he did actually call himself a Christian I guarantee you that for every shooting or other type of mass killing done by a so-called "Christian" I can list at least five done by a muslim.

And comparing yourself to CA is f*cking disgusting. You are a communist piece of dog shit. CA would have nothing to do with you. wink

CA is a Christian, btw. smile

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 10:09 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav

No, I do actually. Put your money where your mouth is, dude.

Prove he was a Christian.

Even if he did actually call himself a Christian I guarantee you that for every shooting or other type of mass killing done by a so-called "Christian" I can list at least five done by a muslim.

And comparing yourself to CA is f*cking disgusting. You are a communist piece of dog shit. CA would have nothing to do with you. wink

CA is a Christian, btw. smile

CA is a fictional character, though I suspect distinguishing between fact and fiction isnt the point in your present exercise...

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 10:15 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
CA is a fictional character, though I suspect distinguishing between fact and fiction isnt the point in your present exercise...

Dude, pull your head out of your ass.

No shit he is fictional, you snarky jacksss.

The commie pos is the one who brought CA into this, not me.

Everything I said is factual about muslims far surpassing "christians" in number of mass killings.

Looks like I have touched a nerve with you by speaking truth.

Cry more and go run home to your mommy because facts hurt your fragile wittle fee fees so much.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 9th, 2021 at 10:24 PM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 10:19 PM