KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Light (Arthur) Vs Monica Rambeau

Dr. Light (Arthur) Vs Monica Rambeau
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Channelling a power source that has twice as much mass (and all things being equal, has twice as much energy).

Am saying that the two feats are not equal. Channeling the power of a whole chicken, vs a nugget. Or in this case, two nuggets.

Edit: but you're right. Vega is 40 times brighter than our Sun, so it's kicking out 40 times more light energy.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Aug 9th, 2017 at 01:58 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 01:53 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Didn't the female Dr. Light do a lot of damage to Anti-Monitor in COIE? LOL

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 04:38 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)

Is it enough to injure Anti Monitor?

http://imgur.com/a/7hBVf

No, it is not.

quote:

space cheese being able to casually destroy a world as proven by the Maker check

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Meaningless without some comparison.
quote:

irrelevant statement about power levels or whatever checked by having the same threat level classification as Blue Marvel.

(please log in to view the image)

Now if only Blue Marvel was someone impressive.

He isn't even the most powerful being in Ultimates. Carol is stated above him in the same book.
quote:

So I'm still waiting on these "way better feats in every way." By the was some of these was done when she was going by Photon or Pulsar, where she wasn't nearly as powerful as she is now.

When she wasn't as powerful as now she was handily beaten by Ms Marvel. Even at full power Iron man has absorbed her twice.

Light absorbs her power easily.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 05:21 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

I like Monica but she's not winning this.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 06:34 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

I don't know all that much about light, but whether or not he could just toy with him at his whim would depend on whether or not hi control extends beyond forms of actual light because Monica can become other forms of energy as well. If he can then I could totally see him winning, but if he's unable to control all the forms of energy that she can transform into I see her having a chance. The girl has a brain, if she knows she's going up against someone who controls light I don't see her transforming into light right out of the gate.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 07:09 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by darthgoober
I don't know all that much about light, but whether or not he could just toy with him at his whim would depend on whether or not hi control extends beyond forms of actual light because Monica can become other forms of energy as well. If he can then I could totally see him winning, but if he's unable to control all the forms of energy that she can transform into I see her having a chance. The girl has a brain, if she knows she's going up against someone who controls light I don't see her transforming into light right out of the gate.

Light has outright stripped Wonder Girl's magical lightning out of her lasso.

http://i.imgur.com/34KrqqP.png

Spectrum can't even hope to compete.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 07:15 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by abhilegend
Light has outright stripped Wonder Girl's magical lightning out of her lasso.

http://i.imgur.com/34KrqqP.png

Spectrum can't even hope to compete.

Hey like I said, if he can control everything she can become then I can totally see him winning. It's just matter of whether or not he can. She can become anything within the electromagnetic spectrum plus some fairly exotic things(for instance I think she can become neutrino's or something like that to go FTL) so if he has control over all that kind of stuff then it's an absolutely HORRIBLE matchup for her.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 07:36 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Arthur has controlled green lanterns, magic, etc... This isn't a stomp in anyones favor like Gloricus has said.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 07:41 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Zack M
Arthur has controlled green lanterns, magic, etc... This isn't a stomp in anyones favor like Gloricus has said.

Oh I disagree, if he can control everything he can become it's absolutely a stomp in his favor. It'd be like Magneto vs Ironclad or Colossus. And even if she's got a form he can't control directly it wouldn't be a lock for her to win. I'm a fan of Monica and know very little about Dr Light and even I can admit that this is prob a horrible mismatch. If we assume he can control all her forms then the only real hope would be a speedblitz(and I wouldn't be supprized in the slightest if DC gave him lightspeed reflexes when dealing with energy beings).

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 08:00 PM
Supermutant

Is it enough to injure Anti Monitor?

http://imgur.com/a/7hBVf

No, it is not.

lol She even says "I could not have absorb another erg of power." And she was struggling and straining the entire time plus backed up by a freaking who's who of Heralds including your boy Superman. lol

You really think Monica couldn't that with that team as support. lol again

quote:
Meaningless without some comparison.

exactly, just like whatever statement was made about the Ray.

Now if only Blue Marvel was someone impressive.

Why I'm shocked that you of all people would find a Marvel character unimpressive. Maybe if his name was Super Blue Marvel Man.

He isn't even the most powerful being in Ultimates. Carol is stated above him in the same book.

When she wasn't as powerful as now she was handily beaten by Ms Marvel. Even at full power Iron man has absorbed her twice.

Light absorbs her power easily.

When has Carol even beaten Monica? And what issue was in stated that Carol was above Blue?

As for Ironman he needed Scarlet Witch hax power to absorb Spectrum momentarily, and she still broke free and said that it wouldn't work again.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

How many times have Dr Light been absorbed/trapped inside a GL's battery? And recently killed by heat vision then resurrected. He hasn't shown anything close to his Pre 52 manipulation powers.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 08:16 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

All feats count for Arthur. When Superman killed him, Dr. Light didn't want to fight.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 12:28 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Supermutant
lol She even says "I could not have absorb another erg of power." And she was struggling and straining the entire time plus backed up by a freaking who's who of Heralds including your boy Superman. lol

And she did more damage to him than they did.
quote:

You really think Monica couldn't that with that team as support. lol again

No, I don't. She has no showings on that magnitude.
quote:

exactly, just like whatever statement was made about the Ray.

Except those were shown to be true too in that story.
quote:

Why I'm shocked that you of all people would find a Marvel character unimpressive. Maybe if his name was Super Blue Marvel Man.

I find marvel characters impressive when they have done something impressive. Just like DC characters.

quote:
When has Carol even beaten Monica?

Starblast 2 IIRC.
quote:

And what issue was in stated that Carol was above Blue?

Ultimates-2 IIRC. Carol is noted to be the mightiest hero while Adam is present.
quote:

As for Ironman he needed Scarlet Witch hax power to absorb Spectrum momentarily, and she still broke free and said that it wouldn't work again.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

That only means his armor was not as powerful as before.

Here Tony straight up beats her.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...5WCAAnnual2.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ainMarvel06.jpg

And years later straight up absorbs her.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...r11IronAge1.jpg

quote:

How many times have Dr Light been absorbed/trapped inside a GL's battery? And recently killed by heat vision then resurrected. He hasn't shown anything close to his Pre 52 manipulation powers.

Are you comparing Hal Jordan to Iron man or Carol Danvers?

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 03:50 AM
krisblaze

Marvel is also clearly exhausted after that.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:12 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

And she did more damage to him than they did.

No, I don't. She has no showings on that magnitude.

That's not even a big deal in the right context. She was created to stop the Anti-Monitor, so she should be able to hurt him. This is no difference than Drax hurting/killing Thanos who is many times way more powerful than him. But Drax is his specific silver bullet (weakness), so is Female Light to the Anti-monitor provided she receives a massive amp and a squadron of the best Heralds for support. So yeah to use your phrase, I'm not impressed. Or at best its less impressive, and certainly not anything above current Spectrum's abilities in a similar scenario.

This compares nicely with many less heralds. Visibly hurting Galactus and forcing him back.

http://imgur.com/ToXMHbY

Except those were shown to be true too in that story.

Doubtful at best and still doesn't prove much. Who was even on this JLA team with Ray?

I find marvel characters impressive when they have done something impressive. Just like DC characters.

Unbiased posters recognize what Blue Marvel is capable of like stalemating Sentry and beating King Hyperion.

Starblast 2 IIRC.

Wrong, most of that comic was Gladiator vs Quasar. Binary and Cap Marvel was on the same side. And Cap Marvel (Monica) absorbed light from Imperial Guard member Manta and then beat her. As far as I know, Carol and Monica have never fought, however they have combined into one being to defeat an enemy.

Ultimates-2 IIRC. Carol is noted to be the mightiest hero while Adam is present.

Even if true means nothing really. Al Ewing stated that Monica was even more powerful than Blue Marvel. But feats >>>>> statements so not important and irrelevant.

That only means his armor was not as powerful as before.

lol You do realize that your old scans shows a much weaker Monica. They even mentions that Monica was new to the Avengers and didn't even know what Ironman could do. Also she didn't want to hurt him in your scans, and has shut-down his systems w/out even wanting or trying too lol.

But yeah Tony in much better upgraded armor needed Scarlet Witch's aid and still Spectrum broke free w/out any signs of fatigue or injury. lol @ trying to lowball and show a weaker and very inexperience Monica being absorbed. That's like showing and old scan of the Invisible Woman who could barely use her powers w/out fainting and pretending that modern Sue who has block Galactus attacks with her shields is still at that early very weak level.

If I wanted to low ball I could act like Dr. Light is still at the same level where a parademon could shoot him dead with one shot. lol

http://cdn1us.denofgeek.com/sites/d...g?itok=ZUkHSjjr

And just to reiterate Kang's absorption abilities/tech >>>Ironman's

Monica has easily bypass his shield and fried his circuits.

Are you comparing Hal Jordan to Iron man or Carol Danvers?
laughing out loud

Are you stating that Dr Light can't be overloaded, trapped, or absorbed?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 03:17 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I don't think the Drax/Thanos and Dr. Light/Anti-Monitor are the same thing.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 03:32 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Supermutant
That's not even a big deal in the right context. She was created to stop the Anti-Monitor, so she should be able to hurt him.

Is this a serious argument? She wasn't kryptonite to Anti Monitor.
quote:

This is no difference than Drax hurting/killing Thanos who is many times way more powerful than him. But Drax is his specific silver bullet (weakness), so is Female Light to the Anti-monitor provided she receives a massive amp and a squadron of the best Heralds for support.

This is straight making shit up.

Can you show us where Kimiyo is supposed to be kryptonite to Anti Monitor ala Drax vs Thanos?

quote:

So yeah to use your phrase, I'm not impressed. Or at best its less impressive, and certainly not anything above current Spectrum's abilities in a similar scenario.

Could you show us where she managed to do anything remotely as impressive?

This is all talk and no show.

quote:

This compares nicely with many less heralds. Visibly hurting Galactus and forcing him back.

http://imgur.com/ToXMHbY

Except Anti Monitor is several magnitude above someone like Galactus.

Try something else.
quote:

Doubtful at best and still doesn't prove much. Who was even on this JLA team with Ray?

Bloodwynd aka an amped J'onn, Wonder Woman and Superman was also mentioned as a potential for the most powerful member. Ray was chosen as the most powerful.

quote:

Unbiased posters recognize what Blue Marvel is capable of like stalemating Sentry and beating King Hyperion.

Sentry is fluctuating at best. King Hyperion got his shit pushed in by a depowered Juggernaut.

His own creator said he is weaker than Thor.

quote:

Wrong, most of that comic was Gladiator vs Quasar. Binary and Cap Marvel was on the same side. And Cap Marvel (Monica) absorbed light from Imperial Guard member Manta and then beat her. As far as I know, Carol and Monica have never fought, however they have combined into one being to defeat an enemy.

Wrong again.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Sta...ssue-1?id=78685

Read the comic.
quote:

Even if true means nothing really. Al Ewing stated that Monica was even more powerful than Blue Marvel. But feats >>>>> statements so not important and irrelevant.

For that to be effective, Blue Marvel isn't a good enough benchmark. He is dependent on other characters himself for his reputation.
quote:

lol You do realize that your old scans shows a much weaker Monica. They even mentions that Monica was new to the Avengers and didn't even know what Ironman could do. Also she didn't want to hurt him in your scans, and has shut-down his systems w/out even wanting or trying too lol.

Yeah, she is real competitive with a mid tier Ironman.

Light is transmuting herald level beings like Energy Superman meanwhile.

http://imgur.com/a/A584t

Energy Superman is more powerful than Spectrum by any measure.
quote:

But yeah Tony in much better upgraded armor needed Scarlet Witch's aid and still Spectrum broke free w/out any signs of fatigue or injury. lol @ trying to lowball and show a weaker and very inexperience Monica being absorbed. That's like showing and old scan of the Invisible Woman who could barely use her powers w/out fainting and pretending that modern Sue who has block Galactus attacks with her shields is still at that early very weak level.

Except Endo Sym wasn't that impressive. He straight up said he had no chance against She Hulk in a straight up fight when he has knocked out Shulkie previously with one punch.

Sue has been acknowledged as more powerful than before after Malice incident. Monica isn't.
quote:

If I wanted to low ball I could act like Dr. Light is still at the same level where a parademon could shoot him dead with one shot. lol

http://cdn1us.denofgeek.com/sites/d...g?itok=ZUkHSjjr

All of his bad showings are retconned as due to Zatanna mindwiping him.
quote:

And just to reiterate Kang's absorption abilities/tech >>>Ironman's

Proof for this?
quote:

Monica has easily bypass his shield and fried his circuits.

Yeah, she has great odds against mid tiered Kang and Iron man. Good luck with that.
quote:

Are you stating that Dr Light can't be overloaded, trapped, or absorbed?

By Spectrum? Not a chance.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 05:56 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Monica gets raped.
Hello Abhi.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 06:03 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Channelling a power source that has twice as much mass (and all things being equal, has twice as much energy).

Am saying that the two feats are not equal. Channeling the power of a whole chicken, vs a nugget. Or in this case, two nuggets.

Edit: but you're right. Vega is 40 times brighter than our Sun, so it's kicking out 40 times more light energy.

I just looked this up and holy sh|t you're right. Vega is twice the mass of our Sun and has 40 TIMES the energy output!

Dr. Light has to be LEGIT Trans Tier. Jeezus.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 06:14 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by zopzop
I just looked this up and holy sh|t you're right. Vega is twice the mass of our Sun and has 40 TIMES the energy output!

Dr. Light has to be LEGIT Trans Tier. Jeezus.

So, Arthur/Kimyou stomps?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 06:19 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Zack M
So, Arthur/Kimyou stomps?

It was a stomp in his favor before, now it's just spite.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 06:24 PM