KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The North Korea / United States War (2017)

The North Korea / United States War (2017)
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
You're correct. This is a sad state of affairs where the country is so divided that hatred trumps logic.

To the people saying his threats are stupid/empty/overthetop: you couldn't be more wrong. He is responding to the provocative actions of a rogue dictatorship with threats that we won't stand for it. This is standard procedure as far as US foreign policy goes. What on earth are you actually complaining about? He should threaten them less forcefully? You just need a way to be anti-trump on every single issue. You practically worship the guy as a god, only a malevolent god that must be opposed at every opportunity.

And to the pro-trump people on this board who think I'm backing them up: you seem just as dedicated to the teamsport version of modern politics as the leftists/ant-trump people are. You're just playing for a different team.
Are people really this clueless as to how threats work?

Good lord. laughing out loud

"Show me again, the power of the darkness..."
-- Darth Plagueis Respect Thread --

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 12:36 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Originally posted by Beniboybling
laughing

Sometimes I'm not sure if you're serious.

No Beni, I'm totally not serious about the bias in the country against Trump. Nor am I serious that there are people in this country who will whine over anything he does.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 12:37 AM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

I honestly believe you feel if you toss in a short quip and a smiley face it proves something lol. Maybe Rob or Bash can seal the deal and come give you a "bingo".

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 12:38 AM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

OK Surt, all I ask is you take a moment to reflect on this issue, and come back when you've thought it through some more. sad

And no, sometimes I just like to laugh at people. sick

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 12:39 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

OK Surt, all I ask is you take a moment to reflect on this issue, and come back when you've thought it through some more. sad

And no, sometimes I just like to laugh at people. sick

*Yawn* Pseudo-intellectuals like you bore me.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 12:42 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Surtur
Pseudo-intellectuals
that's a big word you learnt, well done. sad

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 12:46 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
North Korea figured this out long ago. They are not going to denuclearize to appease US. And they will continue to build the capability to strike at US - sanctions or not.

DPRK is the last leg of Cold War era politics.
They obviously will not willingly denuclearize, but threatening "fire and fury" against them will only encourage them to continue pursuing their nuclear program at an even faster rate. And if you say that Kim Jong-un will actually use their nuclear weapons once he has the capability to strike the U.S., then that implies that Kim Jong-un is a completely irrational actor and thus Trump's rhetoric of "fire and fury" would only exacerbate the problems we face with North Korea. You don't threaten someone who is insane like that.

I think increased sanctions and pressure on China is the best course of action to take, as North Korea was obviously extremely unhappy at the recent United Nations sanctions passed recently, so it seems as if they're pretty effective. Trump's ridiculous bluster isn't helping matters and is only drawing us closer to a potential conflict.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 12:48 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

that's a big word you learnt, well done. sad

Like I said, boring.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 12:48 AM
Surtur

Originally posted by |King Joker|
They obviously will not willingly denuclearize, but threatening "fire and fury" against them will only encourage them to continue pursuing their nuclear program at an even faster rate. And if you say that Kim Jong-un will actually use their nuclear weapons once he has the capability to strike the U.S., then that implies that Kim Jong-un is a completely irrational actor and thus Trump's rhetoric of "fire and fury" would only exacerbate the problems we face with North Korea. You don't threaten someone who is insane like that.

I think increased sanctions and pressure on China is the best course of action to take, as North Korea was obviously extremely unhappy at the recent United Nations sanctions passed recently, so it seems as if they're pretty effective. Trump's ridiculous bluster isn't helping matters and is only drawing us closer to a potential conflict.

Quick question: the leader of NK is batshit insane. Can you explain why, no matter what threats are thrown, they will not be trying their hardest to pursue this program? Cuz I don't get your logic. If we chilled out, they'd slow down? You truly believe that?

It seems to me thinking like that is what got us here in the first place. Obama was apparently warned about this in 2013, he did nothing and gutted our missile defense system.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 12:50 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Quick question: the leader of NK is batshit insane. Can you explain why, no matter what threats are thrown, they will not be trying their hardest to pursue this program? Cuz I don't get your logic. If we chilled out, they'd slow down? You truly believe that?

It seems to me thinking like that is what got us here in the first place. Obama was apparently warned about this in 2013, he did nothing and gutted our missile defense system.
Well, I don't think we know for sure whether or not Kim is actually insane, which is the problem. They will be trying their hardest to advance their program, yes, but provoking them with threats of military action clearly doesn't help or make them reconsider -- the only thing it can do is backfire with continued escalation and start a conflict. Pursuing more extreme sanctions and continuing to put pressure on China is really the only logical thing to do at this stage.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 12:58 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

They *should* be on the same page with him, but they won't. I think we both know why: it is Trump. They will not bend. They are so butthurt over losing, they can't support him. Or at the very least they can't support him without taking a shot at him. Most left leaning people I've seen support Trump felt they had to take him down a peg first, lest their fellow leftists shun them.

It's getting old, they do not care about this country. They care about being right.

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 01:00 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Exactly, this is like threatening your neighbor with death if he parks in your space again and then following it up with a mean note of "you better watch it!" when he calls your bluff and does it again.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 01:02 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Well, I don't think we know for sure whether or not Kim is actually insane, which is the problem. They will be trying their hardest to advance their program, yes, but provoking them with threats of military action clearly doesn't help or make them reconsider -- the only thing it can do is backfire with continued escalation and start a conflict. Pursuing more extreme sanctions and continuing to put pressure on China is really the only logical thing to do at this stage.

I would argue the fact we can't for sure say he isn't insane is enough. But he sure does act like an insane war criminal.

This is the same country that thinks the guy doesn't poop. Or at least they put that propaganda out.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 12th, 2017 at 01:04 AM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 01:02 AM
Surtur

Originally posted by Robtard
Exactly, this is like threatening your neighbor with death if he parks in your space again and then following it up with a mean note of "you better watch it!" when he calls your bluff and does it again.

Good Rob, I think he needed some validation.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 01:03 AM
Afro Cheese

is that the best you can do? i don't mean that in an antagonistic way. really ask yourself.... did you give me anything to even work with here?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 01:07 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

is that the best you can do? i don't mean that in an antagonistic way. really ask yourself.... did you give me anything to even work with here?

You have to get used to Beni. He tends to reply with one sentence or two and then he adds a smiley at the end.

I'm not even kidding, it is what he usually does. lol. Keep in mind just pointing this out they will say smileys trigger me, it's how they do.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 01:10 AM
Adam_PoE
Prince of Eternia

Originally posted by Robtard

Exactly. The issue is not that Trump drew a line in the sand, it is where he drew it, i.e. the most stupid place possible. It would be like threatening to shoot someone as a trespasser if he says one more word about coming on your property.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 01:17 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Lol, Rob's reply "exactly"

Adams reply "exactly".

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 01:19 AM
Afro Cheese

The position of the white house is that they essentially draw the line somewhere short of NK being capable of hitting us with an ICBM mounted with a nuke, IIRC.

But I don't even necessarily think that red line is ultimately something we will back up. But it is certainly something worth bluffing on, if nothing else. You guys seem utterly ambiguous about the implications of NK gaining the capability to hit us.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 01:21 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

i don't think there's much I can do to help. embarrasment

You have to get used to Beni. He tends to reply with one sentence or two and then he adds a smiley at the end.

I'm not even kidding, it is what he usually does. lol. Keep in mind just pointing this out they will say smileys trigger me, it's how they do.
embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 01:22 AM