KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The progressive fascists known as Antifa

The progressive fascists known as Antifa
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RHaggis
Are you sure? A lot of the Anti-Trump - Russian Collusion stories I've been seeing is from Left-leaning news outlets and journalists who want to smear Trump for associating with an apparently far-right leader in the form of Vladamir Putin.

Maybe I've been looking at it wrong. I'm merely a British observer looking in. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

But I can at least tell you this, the anti-Communist sentiment found prior to the Second World War and throughout the Cold War is no where near as strong as it used to be here in Western Europe from what I've observed.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well sure but I think that’s more directed at Russia as a historic enemy than the ideology itself.

If you pay attention to the news and public reactions, there’s a lot more vitriol towards anyone falsely presumed to be a fascist/alt-right/neonazi, such as all the protesters at colleges calling Ben Shapiro a Nazi, or the news sources that baselessly accuse Jordan Peterson of being part of the Alt-right, whereas actual marxists who teach at universities slip under the radar.

Even with your new arguments, my point does not change. My response would be the same. The anti-Russian sentiments stem from Red Scare and Russia is still seen, in the eyes of the American people, as part of the Cold War enemy.

The labels may have changed. But that does not change the motivations for why we are so scared of Russia. It's still part of the hold-overs of the Cold War and Red Scare.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 06:13 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RHaggis
The Jammy Bastard

Originally posted by dadudemon
Even with your new arguments, my point does not change. My response would be the same. The anti-Russian sentiments stem from Red Scare and Russia is still seen, in the eyes of the American people, as part of the Cold War enemy.

The labels may have changed. But that does not change the motivations for why we are so scared of Russia. It's still part of the hold-overs of the Cold War and Red Scare.

My argument isn't "new", I've been consistent since I've joined this thread. It was yourself that came to me with a point about the Cold War.

Furthermore, the aftereffects of the Cold War may impact American public opinion towards Russia as a nation, indeed. But this takes us away from the original point in which sparked this debate. Communism itself, as an ideology, doesn't generate as much stigma as Fascism, nor indeed as much as it used to, within the modern West.

All you've proven is that a past hatred of Russia, amped largely by a distaste of Communism at the time, has persisted despite the Communist factor being removed. Communism itself, as an ideology, generally isn't as despised as it used to be in the Western World.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 06:38 PM
RHaggis is currently offline Click here to Send RHaggis a Private Message Find more posts by RHaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

My argument isn't "new",

Based on this, alone, I don't like you. I do not like nor will I entertain word games like these.

You either purposefully missed my point to play a word game or you're just too dumb to understand what I meant.

In either case, it makes me reject you as a person who I would enjoy talking to.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 06:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RHaggis
The Jammy Bastard

Based on this, alone, I don't like you. I do not like nor will I entertain word games like these.

You either purposefully missed my point to play a word game or you're just too dumb to understand what I meant.

In either case, it makes me reject you as a person who I would enjoy talking to.

I'm not interested in whether you like or dislike me so long as we can have a discussion, but alas it seems that cannot be.

The "new" argument point was one made on the side and isn't part of the main line of argument itself, to which you could have simply ignored if you wished to dodge semantics. I merely thought your choice of words was inaccurate.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 07:14 PM
RHaggis is currently offline Click here to Send RHaggis a Private Message Find more posts by RHaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Surtur, I have an idea. Let's form a far right group called Anticomm, so we'll be the Anti-Communist protesters. And then let's beat the shit out of people and smash shit and light shit on fire and attack cops and commit violence for political ends. Then if anyone criticizes us we can just go "Well we're anti-communists! How could you be opposed to Anti-Communists?" and we can use our self-identified name basically as a shield from criticism.

Indeed, great idea. I hate communism so much I just can't help burn shit down.

You know an easy way to spot a dirty f*cking commie? You set a building on fire and see who dares come to try to put it out. Boom, identified communists. For some reason the Fire Department is full of these red bastards.

Firetrucks are red. Coincidence? No, not at all. They love communism and they love the blood(also red, coincidence?) their communism spills. Damn them all to hell.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 08:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I'm not interested in whether you like or dislike me so long as we can have a discussion,

They are mutually inclusive: If I dislike you and think you're a shithead, there is no discussion.

I do not need to like you, at all, to have a discussion.

Based on the rest of your post, you're definitely someone I dislike and are not someone I would want to discuss anything with.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 09:09 PM
RHaggis
The Jammy Bastard

They are mutually inclusive: If I dislike you and think you're a shithead, there is no discussion.

Based on the rest of your post, you're definitely someone I dislike and are not someone I would want to discuss anything with.

Hating on someone over one statement seems to be jumping the gun a bit, no?

But look, if you don't like me and thus don't wish to talk to me, so be it. You do you.

Last edited by RHaggis on Jan 26th, 2018 at 09:21 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 09:19 PM
lazybones

Petty, toxic, stupid. Learn to handle disagreements without making it immediately personal.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 12:15 AM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by lazybones
Petty, toxic, stupid. Learn to handle disagreements without making it immediately personal.

Firstly, no. I refuse to engage with people being shitheads like that. Conversation was fine until he wanted word games. Those are my peeves. People shit on Surtur but Surtur and I can argue, disagree, debate, and he doesn't turn into that kind of shithead.

This was not a disagreement. He was just being a shithead. I immediately write people off like that. People do not deserve my attention or time on the internet and people most certainly do not have a right to my time on the internet. Convo was fine until he turned into a shithead point. Immediately souring of the direction of the convo: I was fine and liked it until that point. That's how it will always be to me.

This was me when I read he wanted to play stupid word games:

(please log in to view the image)

I am can be an *sshole. I am arrogant. This will not change. People are not forced to respond to me if they do not want. I mostly am here to keep up with news and have fun. Not talk to shitheads.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 12:20 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

^ DDM's now entering his mid 30's, that's when the "Piss N' Vinegar" state usually starts in males. Don't be alarmed people, it's just nature taking its course

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 03:16 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lazybones

Firstly, no. I refuse to engage with people being shitheads like that. Conversation was fine until he wanted word games.

This was not a disagreement. He was just being a shithead. I immediately write people off like that. People do not deserve my attention or time on the internet and people most certainly do not have a right to my time on the internet. Convo was fine until he turned into a shithead point.
Why do you call him a shithead? This is what I mean by making it immediately personal. If he had done something so transparently underhand or douchey, then I wouldn't object to it, but I didn't detect anything particularly objectionable in his posts. What he did was actually concede your point that some Cold War red scare stuff could be seeping through to modern day Russia hysteria, but that this does not negate the point that Communism as an ideology is treated more leniently than Fascism in some sections of modern society, which was the original point of the discussion. I don't see that as 'word games' but simply a nuance, and why you have taken it so personally is beyond me.

quote:
I am can be an *sshole. I am arrogant. This will not change. People are not forced to respond to me if they do not want. I mostly am here to keep up with news and have fun. Not talk to shitheads.
Okay, sure. All humans are arrogant to some degree. But that doesn't rob you of your sense of agency and revert you back to a child-like state where you can't separate simple disagreements from how you personally feel about others. You are ultimately your own man, however, so you can continue to form these grudges over minor things like this. I just don't think that's terribly productive.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 10:14 PM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cowards in Antifa disrupt another rally the people had every right to have:

Riot Breaks Out In Portland As Antifa Activists Clash With Conservative Marchers

Also: Antifa piece of shit gets KO'ed

Bwahaha. BOOM! You got knocked the f*ck out!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 10:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Oh dear. If you can't fight, then don't start one.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 01:35 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Took her that long in her life to learn that, but then I have meet several Millennial types that are quite deluded by the nonsense that they learned in the modern day educational system.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 04:32 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Oh dear. If you can't fight, then don't start one.

That isn't the motto of these cowards. It is "if you can't fight....just bring like 10 of your friends with, you don't need fighting skills for 10 vs 1".

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 03:29 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2023 02:00 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Who started this thread? Was it the necrophile and pedophile who will never be a woman? Or was it her catfish boyfriend who jerks off to chicks with dicks?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2023 02:45 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Sable was one of Time-Immemorial's (aka BrolyBlack) accounts.

I did enjoy the flashback of how trumpers went ape-shit because an "Antifa" blocked traffic and that was unacceptable. Then these same people defended the attack on the capital, insurrection and failed coup just a couple years later. Good times.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 14th, 2023 04:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

We were lead to believe that AntiFa was the biggest threat to America, but we have not heard anything about them in years. What gives?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2023 06:47 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
We were lead to believe that AntiFa was the biggest threat to America, but we have not heard anything about them in years. What gives?
they are and were a response to fascism.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2023 06:50 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote