KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Americans already feeling effects of climate change, says report

Americans already feeling effects of climate change, says report
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Americans already feeling effects of climate change, says report

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...ge-says-report/
quote:
Americans are already feeling the effects of climate change, according to a leaked US report.

Since 1980, the average temperature in the US has risen significantly, with the past few decades the warmest for 1500 years.

The report, written by scientists from 13 federal agencies, is still awaiting approval from the Trump administration before it can be officially published, but a draft copy was obtained by The New York Times.

"Evidence for a changing climate abounds, from the top of the atmosphere to the depths of the oceans," say the authors in the draft report, with thousands of studies contributing to an irrefutable body of evidence.

"Many lines of evidence demonstrate that human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse (heat-trapping) gases, are primarily responsible for recent observed climate change," they say.

The report points out that the ability to attribute some extreme weather events to climate change is improving. It says there is relatively strong evidence that humans contributed to the European heatwave in 2003 and the record temperatures in Australia in 2013. Globally, it is extremely likely that humans are responsible for over half the mean temperature increase since 1951, the authors say.
But I thought it was snowing in Texas. confused

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 05:52 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

We can't call it "climate change" anymore in this admin because of feelz. We call it "weather extremes" or something. Because if you pretend it's not happening, then it's not really happening apparently.

"I'm not a believer in man-made global warming. It could be warming, and it’s going to start to cool at some point." -Trump 2015

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 05:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Triggered.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 06:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

my office is freezing. so much so that my nipples are hard enough to cut glass.
therefore global warming is a hoax invented by the chinese.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 06:04 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Triggered.

Regardless of how special you think yourself, you realize you live on this Earth too, right? You breath, drink water, eat food etc. Your family/friends/loved ones do as well.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 06:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Regardless of how special you think yourself, you realize you live on this Earth too, right? You breath, drink water, eat food etc. Your family/friends/loved ones do as well.

Rob, just stop. You do not want an actual discussion on this lol. None of you do and I can tell just by the circle jerk that immediately started. Nobody wanted to engage, they just wanted to leave snotty remarks.

Which is fine, the board is near dead, but lets not deny it.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 06:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Genuine question: How much actual opposition is there to Climate Change measures in America?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 06:23 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Apparently globally we are all feeling the burn with climate change!

"The report finds that in past few years Americans have witnessed “record-breaking, climate-related, weather extremes as well as the warmest years on record for the globe.” This is largely a result of global average annual temperatures increasing by more than 1.6 degrees Fahrenheit since 1880.

On top of this, it is very likely that if humans stop emitting greenhouse gases today, the planet would still warm by an additional 0.5 degrees Fahrenheit by the end of this century. Compare this with temperature records from the Vostok ice core, which points to an approximately 8 degree Celsius swing from glacial to interglacial times, and you can see why a couple degrees makes a large difference."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevor...s/#f635084181fd

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 06:27 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 06:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Rob, just stop. You do not want an actual discussion on this lol. None of you do and I can tell just by the circle jerk that immediately started. Nobody wanted to engage, they just wanted to leave snotty remarks.

Which is fine, the board is near dead, but lets not deny it.

^ Wow

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 06:32 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Wow

What did I say that was wrong? The OP posted this, and the only thing they made is a comment about snow in Texas. Was that meant to stir legit discussion?

Then you came, whined about what climate change is being labeled as, then took a shot at Trump. Can you explain how that was, in any way, an attempt at legit discussion over this? I am genuinely curious how you will explain this.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 06:50 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

What did I say that was wrong? The OP posted this, and the only thing they made is a comment about snow in Texas. Was that meant to stir legit discussion?

Then you came, whined about what climate change is being labeled as, then took a shot at Trump. Can you explain how that was, in any way, an attempt at legit discussion over this? I am genuinely curious how you will explain this.

^ wow

But in reality: my first post directly to you wasn't "whining" or "attacking Trump", while your first post to me was an attack :/

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 06:53 PM
Flyattractor

Translation. Works in a Climate Controlled Office and thus is
taking advantage of His WHITE PRIVILEGE!

Bashy is a Hypocrite and thus a large part of the problem.

SHAME ON HIM!

He is solely responsible for killing Mother Gaea! !

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 06:53 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ wow

But in reality: my first post directly to you wasn't "whining" or "attacking Trump", while your first post to me was an attack :/

Lol no, you came in whining about different labels of climate change. You truly feel your comment indicated a legitimate discussion was to be had? You can't be that delusional Rob.

The first thing you said was about naming it. "We can't call it climate change" lol. You started off whining.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 06:57 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I aint no weatherman, don't know if it's gonna rain,
cuz i'm a rock n roll clown i do a lot of cocaine.
one of these days they're gonna take me away,
cuz i'm doctor rockso and i do cocaine

KU-KU-KU-KU-KU-YEAAAAAAAH!

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 07:03 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Lol no, you came in whining about different labels of climate change. You truly feel your comment indicated a legitimate discussion was to be had? You can't be that delusional Rob.

The first thing you said was about naming it. "We can't call it climate change" lol. You started off whining.

I was speaking in regards to my first post to you, which I clearly said, I didn't attack you :/

The "extreme weather" re-labeling is a fact though, you can look it up :/

Honestly, it seems like you're trying your best to derail the thread and pick a fight :/

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 07:30 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I believe Rob is talking about an article I saw about Trump not allowing people to use the term "climate change." I guess because he doesn't believe in it (at least not the man-caused version). That's pretty cool, right? Our fearless leader is disallowing certain language. That's great. Not Orwellian or subjugating at all.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 07:46 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

KU-KU-KU-KU-KU-YEAAAAAAAH!

If you believe in Climate Change then you are the one in need of medicinal pharmaceuticals.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 07:51 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I believe Rob is talking about an article I saw about Trump not allowing people to use the term "climate change." I guess because he doesn't believe in it (at least not the man-caused version). That's pretty cool, right? Our fearless leader is disallowing certain language. That's great. Not Orwellian or subjugating at all.

Bingo

This guy got it thumb up

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 07:52 PM
Flyattractor

No. You don't get it Robbie. That is why you are a Leftist.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 07:54 PM