KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Americans already feeling effects of climate change, says report

Americans already feeling effects of climate change, says report
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
No. You don't get it Robbie. That is why you are a Leftist.

Rightists are the true masters of totalitarianism and subjugation.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 07:56 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Flyattractor
If you believe in Climate Change then you are the one in need of medicinal pharmaceuticals.

You don't? confused

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:00 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Rightists are the true masters of totalitarianism and subjugation.

Meh. Making Climate Change a Left Vs Right thing does no good. We all live on Earth regardless of our politics, so it shouldn't be a Us Vs Them mindset, ideally.

IMO, focus squarely on the those in current power and who are scared of using the words "climate change", trying to relabeled it with something that sounds more benign. Trump and his followers.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by -Pr-
You don't? confused

Trump told his acolytes that climate change is a "Chinese Hoax", so that's their reality. This legit happened

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
Meh. Making Climate Change a Left Vs Right thing does no good. We all live on Earth regardless of our politics, so it shouldn't be a Us Vs Them mindset, ideally.

Oh, I agree completely. I'm just commenting on how Fly blames everything censorship (or anything really) on Leftists.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:03 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Oh, I agree completely. I'm just commenting on how Fly blames everything censorship (or anything really) on Leftists.

Flyattractor is the forum's biggest imbecile, I'd not take anything he says to heart.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:08 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I've noticed laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:21 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe Rob is talking about an article I saw about Trump not allowing people to use the term "climate change." I guess because he doesn't believe in it (at least not the man-caused version). That's pretty cool, right? Our fearless leader is disallowing certain language. That's great. Not Orwellian or subjugating at all.

Indeed, he is whining about Trump lol.

Keep in mind this is 100% not debatable by Rob standards lol. He has labeled me as whining for saying "this is legit funny" and posting a link(literally nothing else).

I feel it stands, given his history. But for him it won't, just watch lol. There will be a spectacular reason given.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

^ Wow

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:30 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Wow

Lol, so is this the new strategy? You pretend like you don't remember your past behavior and you toss out a "wow" ?

Feels like it'd only work on the gullible, to be honest. Good luck with it though.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol, so is this the new strategy? You pretend like you don't remember your past behavior and you toss out a "wow" ?

Feels like it'd only work on the gullible, to be honest. Good luck with it though.

As noted in the previous page, I did not attack you in here, but you seem hell bent on picking a fight as a means to derail away from the topic of Climate Change/America. Weird.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:41 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I generally speak out against a lot of the left-wing people here, because I think intersectional social justice is cancer.

But just to provide my two cents here, I don't agree with the right wing position on climate change, and while I agree with Trump America wasn't exactly getting the good deal on the Paris climate accord, I could see myself being more in agreement with Trump if he actually displayed any modicum of concern for the issue.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:42 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I generally speak out against a lot of the left-wing people here, because I think intersectional social justice is cancer.

But just to provide my two cents here, I don't agree with the right wing position on climate change, and while I agree with Trump America wasn't exactly getting the good deal on the Paris climate accord, I could see myself being more in agreement with Trump if he actually displayed any modicum of concern for the issue.

This is actually an overall sensible position thumb up

No one [sensible] is saying we need to stop driving internal combustion cars tomorrow and that factories need to switch over to being powered on farts. But the "it's not happening, it's all a complete hoax" narrative is impossibly idiotic and crazy dangerous. Cos what if the models are wrong, but it's actually worse? We take preemptive action on "even if there's a 1% chance" in regards to massive possible threats, why not climate change?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

As noted in the previous page, I did not attack you in here, but you seem hell bent on picking a fight as a means to derail away from the topic of Climate Change/America. Weird.

It's like you create these weird fantasies in your head. I never said you attacked me. I said you were not interested in legitimate discussion.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
It's like you create these weird fantasies in your head. I never said you attacked me. I said you were not interested in legitimate discussion.

Um, I'm having "legitimate" and non-confrontational discussions on the topic with others in here. See above, guy. So do you have anything else, besides attacking and derailing?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 09:15 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Um, I'm having "legitimate" and non-confrontational discussions on the topic with others in here. See above, guy. So do you have anything else, besides attacking and derailing?

Lol we both know this was based off your original posts, not what you're saying now.

But you go on and pretend otherwise, what else is new?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 09:16 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

As noted by Leech, my original post concerned something factually happening and on topic. I told you to look it up.

HYG Again:
I believe Rob is talking about an article I saw about Trump not allowing people to use the term "climate change." I guess because he doesn't believe in it (at least not the man-caused version). That's pretty cool, right? Our fearless leader is disallowing certain language. That's great. Not Orwellian or subjugating at all.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 09:18 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by -Pr-
You don't? confused

I'm actually skeptical about the implications and severity of the threat because the hard core pushers of the idea keep getting the effects wrong. The world didn't start towards an ice age in the late 80s like they suggested in the 70s. The world didn't become unbearably hotter with new deserts forming by 2000 like they suggested in the late 80s once they realized they were wrong about global cooling. Despite all the talk about the ice caps disappearing for decades, in 2013 the southern ice cap was bigger than had ever been recorded according to NASA satellite reports. In 2009 Al Gore that the north ice cap would be completely melted within 7 years... and it's not.

I'm not saying that there's nothing happening, but the fact of the matter is that people obviously don't know enough about how the whole system works together to scare me in regards to their predicted consequences. At this point they seem a lot like those preachers who keep predicting the rapture on a specific day so everyone in his churge gears up and waits for it... and then when it doesn't happen the preacher makes another prediction and everyone does it again and the cycle just goes on and on. I believe in God but there's no way I'm going to sell all my stuff and go out in field and wait for him.

Last edited by darthgoober on Aug 15th, 2017 at 09:25 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 09:22 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by darthgoober
I'm actually skeptical about the implications and severity of the threat because the hard core pushers of the idea keep getting the effects wrong. The world didn't start towards an ice age in the late 80s like they suggested in the 70s. The world didn't become unbearably hotter with new deserts forming by 2000 like they suggested in the late 80s once they realized they were wrong about global cooling. Despite all the talk about the ice caps disappearing for decades, in 2013 the southern ice cap was bigger than had ever been recorded according to NASA satellite reports. In 2009 Al Gore that the north ice cap would be completely melted within 7 years... and it's not.

I'm not saying that there's nothing happening, but the fact of the matter is that people obviously don't know enough about how the whole system works together to scare me in regards to their predicted consequences. At this point they seem a lot like those preachers who keep predicting the rapture on a specific day so everyone in his churge gears up and waits for it... and then when it doesn't happen the preacher makes another prediction and everyone does it again and the cycle just goes on and on. I believe in God but there's no way I'm going to sell all my stuff and go out in field and wait for him.

Except of course we can see affects of mass pollution for one, in our poisoned food/water and deaths of animal species directly connected with pollution, while absolutely nothing has happened to suggest a rapture is near. So that's a pretty faulty comparison and a potentially dangerous one.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 09:27 PM
darthgoober

Except of course we can see affects of mass pollution for one, in our poisoned food/water and deaths of animal species directly connected with pollution, while absolutely nothing has happened to suggest a rapture is near. So that's a pretty faulty comparison and a potentially dangerous one.

Yes we see SOME effects, but the scientist keep getting the outcome and timeframe wrong. If they can't get that right, then something within the science they're using is off and I'm not going to panic until there's some evidence that they've figured out what it is/was and accounted for it. I mean Hell, the preachers were probably right at least once or twice about one of the church members getting over cancer or something like that...

Once your prediction about the outcome of something has been PROVEN wrong, you've got to start over from square one and reevaluate the subject not just push back the deadline. And if you've been proven wrong multiple times, you need to start your evaluation from a slightly different direction rather than beginning with the exact same mindset and opening steps.

Last edited by darthgoober on Aug 15th, 2017 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 09:30 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote