KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who here is stronger than superman

Who here is stronger than superman
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JBL
WOW! Just WOW! I'm going to frame this post and show it to my friends. They could use a good laugh.😂
laughing out loud

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 07:11 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Re: Who here is stronger than superman

Pre DCnu All

Omac - no
Ultraman - no
Despero - yes under normal portrayal, no under all out
Wm thor - no
Kurse - no
Eradicator - no
Doomsday - yes under normal portrayal, no under all out
Superboy prime - yes under normal portrayal, maybe under all out
WWH - no
King Hyperion (Original) - no
Etrigan - no
Destroyer (Animated) - yes under normal portrayal, no under all out

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 08:20 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

There's no difference in normal superman or an all out superman. It's sad that people think that superman is the only character that starts to lose in the beginning and then win in the end. Superman is a high Herald whether he's sleeping or going all out. Every writer agrees with this. Superman can only get stronger with a sun amp. That's why he sundipps. If going all out gave him even a half strength boost, then it would be noted in writing. As in, the madder hulk gets, the stronger hulk gets or the more confident gladiator is the stronger and more powerful he becomes. Supermans strength had Been measured plenty of times by scientists. No where in any superman bios will you see dynamic strength. Hulk, yes... Gladiator, yes. Superman.. no.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 08:38 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by JBL
There's no difference in normal superman or an all out superman. It's sad that people think that superman is the only character that starts to lose in the beginning and then win in the end. Superman is a high Herald whether he's sleeping or going all out. Every writer agrees with this. Superman can only get stronger with a sun amp. That's why he sundipps. If going all out gave him even a half strength boost, then it would be noted in writing. As in, the madder hulk gets, the stronger hulk gets or the more confident gladiator is the stronger and more powerful he becomes. Supermans strength had Been measured plenty of times by scientists. No where in any superman bios will you see dynamic strength. Hulk, yes... Gladiator, yes. Superman.. no.

No.

Look, his power is a dynamic as it gets. Its just not as visual as say Hulk. His cap is fluent and there is a definitive difference between a holding back (any) hero and one going for broke

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 08:47 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Philosophía
Pre DCnu All

Omac - no
Ultraman - no
Despero - yes under normal portrayal, no under all out
Wm thor - no
Kurse - no
Eradicator - no
Doomsday - yes under normal portrayal, no under all out
Superboy prime - yes under normal portrayal, maybe under all out
WWH - no
King Hyperion (Original) - no
Etrigan - no
Destroyer (Animated) - yes under normal portrayal, no under all out

thumb up Great list. I wasn't sure about DcNU, merged yes but I trust you on this one.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 08:58 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by Sin I AM
No.

Look, his power is a dynamic as it gets. Its just not as visual as say Hulk. His cap is fluent and there is a definitive difference between a holding back (any) hero and one going for broke
If superman had dynamic strength, it would be as clear as day. That OWAW crap is what started this mess. An all out superman does not get any stronger. He has went all out against BA, CM an plenty others. When a character is said to be too even in strength with CM in narration, by the character himself, by writers and in writing, it proof positive. Dynamic strength is not all of a sudden going from losing to beating someone or something. If that was the case, then Spiderman dropped his mental blocks and went from meta to trans when he beat firelord. But you don't see his fans making such an absurd claim.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 08:58 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Its debateable. Thor has multiple showing of entering Warrior Madness that contradict that statement. Even some recently in Unworthy Thor.. so his argument is valid
his argument would hold more validity if he hadnt made such a practice of wiping away any statement, narration, comment or panel, involving Thor, Asgard, Odin, etc, any time there are descriptions supporting the pinacle levels of power they reach.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 09:23 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by abhilegend
It had evolved and was creating beings who threatened entire avengers team. So yes, it was more powerful.

.. It couldn't move, and wanted to die.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 10:38 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Photon-2
X

Doomsday - Possibly Stronger
Superboy Prime - Far Stronger

Others not on his level .

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 10:50 PM
Photon-2 is currently offline Click here to Send Photon-2 a Private Message Find more posts by Photon-2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JBL
If superman had dynamic strength, it would be as clear as day. That OWAW crap is what started this mess. An all out superman does not get any stronger. He has went all out against BA, CM an plenty others. When a character is said to be too even in strength with CM in narration, by the character himself, by writers and in writing, it proof positive. Dynamic strength is not all of a sudden going from losing to beating someone or something. If that was the case, then Spiderman dropped his mental blocks and went from meta to trans when he beat firelord. But you don't see his fans making such an absurd claim.

You are lying.

No one who is literate has this problem with basic reading comprehension.

Yes his strength has increased in power levels and its not up for honest debate.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 11:06 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by JBL

Firelord is pis tho. People need to negate is all together

Ok take Nu 52 supes for example. He went from only being able exceed previous limits by "willing" it.

(please log in to view the image)

There are other examples but u get the point. He doesnt have a no limits fallacy. But he does possess the ability to ramp up as needed

Originally posted by Horrificus
his argument would hold more validity if he hadnt made such a practice of wiping away any statement, narration, comment or panel, involving Thor, Asgard, Odin, etc, any time there are descriptions supporting the pinacle levels of power they reach.

Some statements he makes a skewed but when he calls a spade a spade and thats what it is then i dont see a problem

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 11:09 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

More lies from JBL. Classic.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 12:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Ah, but he is not shown beaten.

Heavily implied since he led the army of frost giants and we know Thor tore through both armies.

Yes. Couldn't kill him but defeated him IIRC. Hulk later killed him after he evolved and became more powerful.

Dragon wasn't random btw it was Niddhog.

Had nothing to do with not being able to kill it. He thought it had perished under the rubble he left it in.

Hulk killed it in the present, but we don't actually know if it was more powerful.

Also...
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
.. It couldn't move, and wanted to die.

I left out this wm because the canonicity is suspect. There was a foreword by Clark Gregg stating that the core group of Avengers in the book were based off of the guys from the Marvel cinematic universe. Was kinda confusing.

Anyways if u disagree, I'll agree because u are my buddy.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Aug 17th, 2017 at 12:46 AM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 12:37 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by JBL

Have you actually READ a Superman comic in the past 20 yrs?

It has been DEFINITIVELY shown that his powers are connected to his mindset. Superman has nearly DIED because he THOUGHT he was human and had no powers.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 12:43 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by panthergod
You are lying.

No one who is literate has this problem with basic reading comprehension.

Yes his strength has increased in power levels and its not up for honest debate.
If superman had dynamic strength, then why have writers increased and decreased his strength over a period of 50 some years? If a character has dynamic strength, then it would be pointless to even suggest it. Hulk strength comes from his mindset, can his strength be decreased??????? NO, he has dynamic strength. But drop the subject for now. Agree to disagree.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 02:29 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Of course Superman has dynamic strength.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 02:37 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JBL
If superman had dynamic strength, then why have writers increased and decreased his strength over a period of 50 some years? If a character has dynamic strength, then it would be pointless to even suggest it. Hulk strength comes from his mindset, can his strength be decreased??????? NO, he has dynamic strength. But drop the subject for now. Agree to disagree.

I'm going to sound mean here, and I recognise that, but I feel like what I say, needs to be said...

Ask your writer friends about the basic structure of storytelling, and how the example you just used has absolutely no relevance to whether Superman has dynamic strength or not.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 02:42 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm going to sound mean here, and I recognise that, but I feel like what I say, needs to be said...

Ask your writer friends about the basic structure of storytelling, and how the example you just used has absolutely no relevance to whether Superman has dynamic strength or not.
They have been ask several times and ALL said that superman does not have dynamic strength where he can increase his strength by will ot dropping mental blocks. But don't worrying about it. That day will come when I convince one or more of them to let me post their names and statement. Be here with the same attitude when it comes. Have a nice day.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 03:00 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JBL
They have been ask several times and ALL said that superman does not have dynamic strength where he can increase his strength by will ot dropping mental blocks. But don't worrying about it. That day will come when I convince one or more of them to let me post their names and statement. Be here with the same attitude when it comes. Have a nice day.

lol, Okay. I like how a couple of random writers can override editorial mandate and actual published, past comics. Seriously, I do.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 03:07 AM
krisblaze

Abhi is more or less probably referring to the fluent nature of the term warrior madness and its depiction from different writers.

Abhi is right on this but all terms and definition have some fluidity to them.

I believe Warrior Madness was supposed to be a state where he actually does become ten times as strong, but it's meaning has since been diluted to the point where it simply means "lost in the heat of battle" or some shit.

Like in his fight with maestro-huk, where he's spposedly in WM but completely level-headed 2 seconds after being BFR'd.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 03:32 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote