KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who here is stronger than thor

Who here is stronger than thor
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

What's Savage's baseline? What's a base Savage and a base WWH?
Because by hype, WWH is stronger.

Actual feats, though? Savage is stronger.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 11:12 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Seriously, don't make me get the belt!
Anybody who places any of the B list Supermen (especially Gladiator) above Classic Thor, simply needs to do some searches and look at some panels that u probably never knew existed.

Warning: u will probably need a bucket for your bitter tears as u see Gladiator get treated like a little "funny-boy" by both Eric Masterson Thor and Classic Thor. As bith face off against Gladiator it is painfully clear that they only begin taking Gladiator seriously about 3/4 of the way through the fight, where both decide to stop playing and Gladiator is about to get the "confidence" kicked out of his anus by a norse god.

Last edited by Horrificus on Aug 18th, 2017 at 12:34 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 12:30 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Horrificus
Anybody who places any of the B list Supermen (especially Gladiator) above Classic Thor, simply needs to do some searches and look at some panels that u probably never knew existed.

Warning: u will probably need a bucket for your bitter tears as u see Gladiator get treated like a little "funny-boy" by both Eric Masterson Thor and Classic Thor. As bith face off against Gladiator it is painfully clear that they only begin taking Gladiator seriously about 3/4 of the way through the fight, where both decide to stop playing and Gladiator is about to get the "confidence" kicked out of his anus by a norse god.

Match the STRENGTH displayed by Masterson and Whorinson and lets see what you get.

THE KING OF CANON HAS SPOKEN!!!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 01:48 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Horrificus

Jane Thor matched Odinson in strength during their fight but when she faced Gladiator, she commented on his strength and afterwards got choked to sleep with one arm.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 01:57 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I could be much weaker than you and choke you to sleep. That's why chokes are such a viable tactic.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 02:59 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I could be much weaker than you and choke you to sleep. That's why chokes are such a viable tactic.
Gladiator didn't put her in a choke hold, where technique matters. He put her to sleep by squeezing with one outstretched arm, while she was trying to break free. That's superior strength.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 03:01 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

As an example, please post any MMA fighter in it's entire history, where one fighter casually chokes another one out in such a manner, whilst the target is actively fighting back.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 03:05 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

It's comics. Simply lifting another person with one hand like that isn't easy. What I'm getting at is they are peers, they have been shown to be on multiple occasions, with Thor usually winning actually. To say Glads massively outclasses Thor in strength is wrong based off both feats and they're previous encounters.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 03:56 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Peers don't choke peers out with one hand whilst the peer is actively fighting back though.

I mean, it's even a trope:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeckLift

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 03:58 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Peers don't choke peers out with one hand whilst the peer is actively fighting back though.

I mean, it's even a trope:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeckLift

I can totally understand that reasoning, but I wouldn't say it's definitive. Being suddenly suffocated/choked when you're not expecting it causes you to panic. That's why you can kill someone by suprising them with a plasic bag over their head. They focus on trying to pull the bag away from their neck rather than tear a hole in the bag where their mouth is. Janes not a seasoned warrior and when Glads locked on she was trying to pull his hand away by the wrist while she was flailing in the air, had no leverage, while the blood to her brain was being cut off. I'm not saying that she or the real Thor are definitely as strong/stronger than Glads, but IMO that scan isn't unarguable proof that he's stronger either.

Last edited by darthgoober on Aug 18th, 2017 at 04:29 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 04:24 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Lmao
People trying way to hard to discredit a comic showing

Next people are going to start arguing that x character wasn't portraying the correct breathing technique when trying to punch hence why it was so ineffective

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 04:46 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by darthgoober
I can totally understand that reasoning, but I wouldn't say it's definitive. Being suddenly suffocated/choked when you're not expecting it causes you to panic. That's why you can kill someone by suprising them with a plasic bag over their head. They focus on trying to pull the bag away from their neck rather than tear a hole in the bag where their mouth is. Janes not a seasoned warrior and when Glads locked on she was trying to pull his hand away by the wrist while she was flailing in the air, had no leverage, while the blood to her brain was being cut off. I'm not saying that she or the real Thor are definitely as strong/stronger than Glads, but IMO that scan isn't unarguable proof that he's stronger either.

Basically what I had in my head but couldn't figure out how to word it.

I'm comfortable with saying a Super ripoff is stronger than Jane Thor, but to say he is stronger than Thor Odinson ( who this thread is about) by a massive amount is bullshit based off both feats and their past encounters. Y'all are going off one showing as opposed to many. Irrefutable.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 04:51 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yeah, it's not like a future gladiator twoshotted Thor.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 05:50 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, it's not like a future gladiator twoshotted Thor.

Posts like these exemplify your disingenuity.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 06:14 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

That encounter played up the speed disparity that would mean the end for Thor in any confrontation with Superman.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 06:19 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by krisblaze
Posts like these exemplify your disingenuity.

Wut?

Gladiator koed Thor in two punches in Thor v2 34.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 06:19 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

Re: Who here is stronger than thor

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Normal Thor

Even by a little

Omac no
Ultraman yes
Black Adam even
King Hyperion slight edge
WWH much stronger
Superboy Prime shouldnt be here too strong
Despero stronger
Doomsday stronger
Gladiator stronger
Hyperion even
Etrigan weaker
Destroyer (Animated)
???

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:32 PM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Animated like the destroyer vs gladiator

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 01:28 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by darthgoober

It's definitely a sign from the writer that he's stronger. This is from an "writer's intentions" argument.
But based off the physics of it, it can only be proved that he is at least a little bit stronger.

So you both have a point. He's stronger, but it's not necessarily by a lot.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 02:40 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Animated like the destroyer vs gladiator

You mean The Destroyer vs. Gladiator an his son the former who said "he'd never felt such power" or something along those lines.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 02:48 PM