KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The Guardians of the Galaxy vs Superman...

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Superman wins... 15 75.00%
The Guardians of the Galaxy win... 5 25.00%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Guardians of the Galaxy vs Superman...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
It wil definitely win this thread. Superman has passed out due to muscle strain alone before.

Typical Quanchi trolling; only looking at the lowest feats when arguing against characters he doesn't like...

We look at averages here; you know this troll...

Superman has also:

1) resisted the World Engines energies...
2) withstood a direct impact from a nuke...
3) overcame the gravitational force from a black hole...

When you at all everything (and not your supremely biased cherry picking), Superman's average is far beyond what we've seen from Yondu's arrow...

As a result, I strongly disagree with the ridiculous Quanchi inspired fanboyism that states that Yondu's arrow can kill Superman...

The average of his durability indicates that that arrow wont do a d@mn thing to him...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 04:16 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

That "blackhole" couldn't even injure Lois.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 04:52 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Silent Master
That "blackhole" couldn't even injure Lois.

Superman's body shielded Lois from the direct effects of it though, and Superman did resist the force of its pull...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 05:02 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Oh Lord, someone else that hasn't actually watched the movie. Superman was not shielding her the entire time she was exposed to it.

Like I said, it couldn't even injure an unshielded Lois.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 05:14 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Oh Lord, someone else that hasn't actually watched the movie. Superman was not shielding her the entire time she was exposed to it.

Like I said, it couldn't even injure an unshielded Lois.

I've seen the movie you @sshole; we all have...

If she was exposed to it at some point and wasn't sucked away instantly, it was PIS...

Movies tend to not get the physics right when it comes to certain things; you know this...

One of the points of the scene was to showcase Superman's ability to speed away from the gravitational force of a blackhole...not to be absolutely perfect as pertains the laws of physics.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 05:49 AM
Silent Master

The fact that you're still saying "if she was exposed to it" proves that you've never seen the movie. Well, either that or you're purposely lying. Which is it?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 05:53 AM
TheLordofMurder

The fact that you're still saying "if she was exposed to it" proves that you've never seen the movie. Well, either that or you're purposely lying. Which is it?

Stfu...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 06:07 AM
Silent Master

Was my question so difficult that you need more time to formulate an answer?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 06:09 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Superman still wins easily.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 06:32 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Was my question so difficult that you need more time to formulate an answer?

You are splitting hairs and highlighting things that don't matter as pertains the point...

The point is that the scene was intended to showcase Superman's power and heroics...not to be a perfect simulation of what would happen if a black hole appeared over a major city.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 06:33 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Even without the blackhole feat Superman still one shots the entire team.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 06:41 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

@lom

You've never watched the movie, so how do you know what the intent of the scene was?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 06:44 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Superman's body shielded Lois from the direct effects of it though, and Superman did resist the force of its pull...

What? He "shielded" her......... from gravity? Seriously? So, if I put a small rock on top of a large rock, the smaller rock won't be affected by the Earth's gravity and will fly away?

Cool

smile

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 06:53 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by playa1258
Even without the blackhole feat Superman still one shots the entire team.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 07:01 AM
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Scoobless
What? He "shielded" her......... from gravity? Seriously? So, if I put a small rock on top of a large rock, the smaller rock won't be affected by the Earth's gravity and will fly away?

Cool

smile

Its a movie...

The Director doesn't care about getting the physics right...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 07:03 AM
tkitna

Rocket wins out of sheer coolness.

By Stoic

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 07:11 AM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Scoobless

Cool

smile

He didn't actually watch the movie, I mean he actually thought that Lois was shielded 100% of the time during that scene. Does it surprise you that he doesn't understand how things like gravity work?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 07:13 AM
TheLordofMurder

He didn't actually watch the movie, I mean he actually thought that Lois was shielded 100% of the time during that scene. Does it surprise you that he doesn't understand how things like gravity work?

F@@k off...

I saw the movie and so what if Lois wasn't shielded 100% of the time; it doesn't matter one bit...

The point is that Superman's power proved great enough to escape the pull of a black hole as was intended...

The fact that the scene didn't perfectly reflect what would have actually happened if a black hole formed over a major city doesn't matter...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 07:17 AM
Silent Master

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
F@@k off...

I saw the movie and so what if Lois wasn't shielded 100% of the time; it doesn't matter one bit...

The point is that Superman's power proved great enough to escape the pull of a black hole as was intended...

The fact that the scene didn't perfectly reflect what would have actually happened if a black hole formed over a major city doesn't matter...

If you had seen the movie like you claim, you wouldn't have needed me to point out that she wasn't shielded 100% of the time or that she in the process of overcoming the pull of it herself when Superman saved her.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 07:22 AM
TheLordofMurder

If you had seen the movie like you claim, you wouldn't have needed me to point out that she wasn't shielded 100% of the time or that she in the process of overcoming the pull of it herself when Superman saved her.

The movie wasn't memorable enough to scrutinize it in that much detail...

Who gives a flying f@@k if Lois had a PIS moment...

Superman's power was great enough to overcome the pull of a black hole...end of story.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 07:25 AM