KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Captain America vs Xenomorph (Grid)

Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Steve 3 50.00%
Grid 3 50.00%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain America vs Xenomorph (Grid)
Started by: juggerman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychotron
Not just that, Aliens have been shown to spit acid before.

Not the ones in AvP and most Alien films.

The Xenos had to puncture the Queen for the blood to eat through her chains. If they had acid spit, they wouldn't have had to do that.

Also in Resurrection, the imprisoned Aliens killed one of their own to exploit the acid blood. Again, if they had acid spit, this would not have been necessary.

Celtic had weapons, namely the blades and the net, which let him him keep up with with Grid, but what happened when he was bereft of them? Grid overpowered him and one shot him.

Celtic had blades and net, and Cap has his shield. Hard to say which is more effective in the right hands.

Celtic was beating on Grid with brute force for a good part of the fight. I think he delivered only a single cut with his blades, cutting off Grid's stinger, which in a way gave Grid a new ranged acid attack.

Put another way - if we are debating purely strength - Grid only won because of its own natural weapons, namely the inner jaw (and tail). If neither are allowed to use weapons but only pure strength (and I suppose "skills"), from what we saw, Celtic dominated.

My sense of the fight is that Grid tried to brawl with Celtic, but eventually recognised that it wasn't working so well. So he went for a different strategy, throwing acid to distract Celtic, then tried to sneak up on him.

FeelsBadXeno.gif

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 02:05 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

BTW, I don't think Celtic should've been able to beat on a Xeno like that in general. I expect a Xeno to use its tail far more effectively in close quarters. Celtic really wasn't that fast.

And while Grid dispatched two Predators (rookies), one could even argue he ain't that special or even inferior to "other" Xenos IMO.

Grid killed Chopper from behind, and against Celtic, got beat up and only won when he caught Celtic off guard.

I think a "peak" Xeno (all high-end feats from all Drones/Xenos in films) would be a tougher fight for Cap than Grid.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 02:19 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by KingD19
Wolf who is much weaker than Cap was capable of yanking a Xenomorph off the ground and holding them by the throat with each hand. They're not invulnerable, just take a lot of damage, and Cap can definitely dish out enough to say crush a skull.

Also an Alien never spit blood to my knowledge. The Predalien drooled blood on Wolf after he ripped his tongue mouth out.

This is Grid from AvP, not the shitty xenos from AvP2, which was made by Predator fanboys.

Well, you're wrong.
http://imgur.com/a/RxL34

Last edited by Psychotron on Aug 18th, 2017 at 03:56 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 03:53 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Placidity
Not the ones in AvP and most Alien films.

The Xenos had to puncture the Queen for the blood to eat through her chains. If they had acid spit, they wouldn't have had to do that.

Also in Resurrection, the imprisoned Aliens killed one of their own to exploit the acid blood. Again, if they had acid spit, this would not have been necessary.

Celtic had blades and net, and Cap has his shield. Hard to say which is more effective in the right hands.

Celtic was beating on Grid with brute force for a good part of the fight. I think he delivered only a single cut with his blades, cutting off Grid's stinger, which in a way gave Grid a new ranged acid attack.

Put another way - if we are debating purely strength - Grid only won because of its own natural weapons, namely the inner jaw (and tail). If neither are allowed to use weapons but only pure strength (and I suppose "skills"), from what we saw, Celtic dominated.

My sense of the fight is that Grid tried to brawl with Celtic, but eventually recognised that it wasn't working so well. So he went for a different strategy, throwing acid to distract Celtic, then tried to sneak up on him.

FeelsBadXeno.gif

The fact remains that they have shown the ability.

Celtic didn't do any serious damage to Grid without weapons, he just tossed him around. You can't "braw" with someone who has weapons. A lion vs. an armed hunter is not a braw.

Originally posted by Placidity
BTW, I don't think Celtic should've been able to beat on a Xeno like that in general. I expect a Xeno to use its tail far more effectively in close quarters. Celtic really wasn't that fast.

And while Grid dispatched two Predators (rookies), one could even argue he ain't that special or even inferior to "other" Xenos IMO.

Grid killed Chopper from behind, and against Celtic, got beat up and only won when he caught Celtic off guard.

I think a "peak" Xeno (all high-end feats from all Drones/Xenos in films) would be a tougher fight for Cap than Grid.

I don't think Celtic was that impressive, honestly. Smashing an Alien around doesn't mean you did any damage to it. When he was on even footing with Grid he got overpowered and killed quickly.

Last edited by Psychotron on Aug 18th, 2017 at 03:59 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 03:56 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

This is Grid from AvP, not the shitty xenos from AvP2,

All the Predators from AvP were shitty rookie Predators.
AvP2 showed what a Elite non rookie Pred would do to Xenos pretty effortlessly.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 06:27 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Go to bed, Colin Strause.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 06:32 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Cap. i do not forsee him having all that much of a problem like others do

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 06:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

You're clearly not an Alien fan, then.

The Alien has all the tools it needs to beat Steve.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 07:25 PM
juggerman

Don't forget to vote!

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 04:07 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

You're clearly not an Alien fan, then.

The Alien has all the tools it needs to beat Steve.

doesn't matter if soneone is a fan of not.. screen feats dicate the winner, not petty ignorant shit from people who think their shit don't stink...

anyways highly doubtful Cap just stands there.. also can acid even hurt the sheild

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 06:51 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
doesn't matter if soneone is a fan of not.. screen feats dicate the winner, not petty ignorant shit from people who think their shit don't stink...

anyways highly doubtful Cap just stands there.. also can acid even hurt the sheild

Good thing the Aliens have feats like bullet dodging, ripping apart steel, and tanking multi-tons of force as well as heat and cold extremes.

You're saying that like Cap can block every single drop. Imagine if you have a shield and someone shoots you with a hose. You're gonna get at least a few drops on you.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 07:29 AM
Tyrannoraptor

Originally posted by Sable
I'm pretty sure his shield gets broken in an upcoming movie. Also, if you didn't know, acid isn't blunt force trauma, acid breaks things down on a molecular level.
But i doubt Captain America's shield might still be able to block the acid even if it melts right through it.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 05:39 AM
Tyrannoraptor is currently offline Click here to Send Tyrannoraptor a Private Message Find more posts by Tyrannoraptor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

I made this thread? Wow time flies!

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 06:06 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Lol at the Xenomorph fanboys.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 06:08 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Lol at the Xenomorph fanboys.

yea definitely

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 10:30 PM