KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mayweather vs McGregor

Who do ylu think will win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Mayweather 12 70.59%
McGregor 5 29.41%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mayweather vs McGregor
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
McGregor lasted until the 10th round? Damn, Mayweather sucks.

mayweather be like

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 12:45 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by socool8520
If they played it extra safe, anytime anyone was ever put in a choke, the fight would be stopped. Again, it's a fight, there's gonna be some risk.

There is a line between puking and permanent brain damage. If fights weren't big in moving money I could see them being easier to moderate.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 02:31 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

My point was that I was expecting Mayweather to win in a couple rounds, at worst 3. the fact that it took 10 rounds surprised the hell out of me.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 02:33 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

McGregor landed some solid shots, and took a few rounds, but Mayweather was too much for him.

If McGregor had won, everyone would have shit themselves.

We all know boxing purists are gonna wank the **** out of this.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 02:35 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it doesn't take a boxing purist circlejerk to conclude that the best pro boxers will always be better boxers than the best non-pro boxers.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 02:42 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

10 rounds? Wtf? I really thought Mayweather would have KOd him by rd 3.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 03:19 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sable
10 rounds? Wtf? I really thought Mayweather would have KOd him by rd 3.

Yeah, kinda odd. McGregor almost comes off looking better given he isn't a pro boxer.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 05:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, kinda odd. McGregor almost comes off looking better given he isn't a pro boxer.

nah, he came off as tired, beaten, and quite wobbly...and you're coming off as desperate.

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 05:47 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Silent Master
My point was that I was expecting Mayweather to win in a couple rounds, at worst 3. the fact that it took 10 rounds surprised the hell out of me.

I didn't see the fight so I can't say this for sure, but that may have actually been intentional on his part. Boxers train for longer fights than MMA guys do so he may have decided to draw the fight out as a way to play it safe because he knew he had the endurance advantage. No sense in taking the risk of looking bad by losing against a non boxer trying to put him away early if you know endurance is one of your biggest advantages.

Last edited by darthgoober on Aug 27th, 2017 at 05:53 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 05:49 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

No doubt he beat him fair and square

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 05:49 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

nah, he came off as tired, beaten, and quite wobbly...and you're coming off as desperate.

You're coming off as triggered. I certainly do not care about either of these people. But it's cool, you are certainly entitled to think what you want about the fight.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 05:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
I think this Will be a long fight and very monotonous. Mayweather will hit Conor lots and run away a lot. Mcgregor always has a punchers chance, and he has dynamite in his left hand. If he lands it, we have the upset of the century.
Well I overestimated Mcgregor's dynamite and Mayweather's bicycle, otherwise the predicted circus, although strangely a little better than I thought it would be. I still wonder how long this has been planned and hyped, was it planned all the way back to the Rousey/Mayweather comments? I also can't help a nagging feeling Mayweather could have ended it anytime after the sixth at will. And while he says he's retired a rematch in 2 years when Mcgregor is an even bigger star and a hundred million more to beat an "improved" Mcgregor, am I cynical... maybe.

Last edited by Steve Zodiac on Aug 27th, 2017 at 06:02 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 06:00 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthgoober
I didn't see the fight so I can't say this for sure, but that may have actually been intentional on his part. Boxers train for longer fights than MMA guys do so he may have decided to draw the fight out as a way to play it safe because he knew he had the endurance advantage. No sense in taking the risk of looking bad by losing against a non boxer trying to put him away early if you know endurance is one of your biggest advantages.
Agreed, good post!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 06:06 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

lucky that mayweather is the best in boxing at this point. 80's mike tyson would have ended the fight and mcgregors career in under 2 minutes..

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 06:18 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

lucky that mayweather is the best in boxing at this point. 80's mike tyson would have ended the fight and mcgregors career in under 2 minutes..
Yeah, but weight class for weight class Floyd is a cut above Tyson, for my money Roy Jones Jnr is the only modern fighter with a legacy equal to him and he ran from Steve Collins by going up a weight.

Interesting fact about 80's Tyson, Lewis got sent home from Tyson's training camp because he kept beating him up in training, this was when Lennox had won the Olympic Gold and just turned pro. I will always think Tyson was overrated even before Desiree Washington and Buster Douglas, before Prison and yes he wasn't the same after it... To be honest, I think the worst fight of a similar weight boxer from the past for Mcgregor would have been fellow Dubliner Steve Collins, that guy knew dirty boxing.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 06:31 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i was being silly about tyson. but if i had to pick one fighter from that weight class as a superior example I'd go with sugar ray leonard.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 06:38 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

i was being silly about tyson. but if i had to pick one fighter from that weight class as a superior example I'd go with sugar ray leonard.
Yeah, he was awesome but he lost a bit of respect from me after the Haggler fight where he is actually overheard on the TV boom mike telling Haggler that Haggler had beat him and then when he got the judges decision and won on points denied and denies to this day he ever said it. Still love him though.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 06:41 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

yeah that was a show of poor character, pulling a taylor swift like that. but apollo creed pulled that exact BS with rocky and we forgave him.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 06:50 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah that was a show of poor character, pulling a taylor swift like that. but apollo creed pulled that exact BS with rocky and we forgave him.
Yes, he did haha, to be honest as a teen I had all Leonards fights on VHS, along with Haggler and Hearns, and I would try and fail to emulate them at the local boxing gym, I was very lucky, to be honest, I first put a pair of gloves on at the Thomas a Beckett gym on the Old Kent Rd, which was famous and had a lot of pros in it. Henry Cooper even trained there... That said, it had a lot of amateurs and kids like me who just wanted to learn to box, it did mean though when we moved to Brighton the following year I had got a good grounding when I started training at Whitehawk Boys Club (also a good place to learn to box in those days).

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 06:57 PM
darthgoober

We only forgave Creed cause he helped Rocky beat T.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 09:00 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote