KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Worst Debater / Least Favourite Member

Worst Debater / Least Favourite Member
Started by: twotter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthAnt66
Last of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by thesithmaster
I've been here for a bit more than that.

I know, I was exaggerating, but I meant relative to most of the other members here. I've been posting on KMC for five years, Ares for eight years, etc.

A member here for a few months is effectively brand new in my eyes.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 11:00 PM
Click here to Send DarthAnt66 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAnt66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

SithMaster is pretty average among the newcomers, from what I've seen.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 11:21 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Do I still count as a newcomer?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 11:22 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthAnt66
Last of the Jedi

Yep.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 11:26 PM
Click here to Send DarthAnt66 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAnt66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Yep.

Aight, I'm still a prospect

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 11:33 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Aight, I'm still a prospect

Not for a long time buddy. You don't even know what third Person Limited narration is. Quite the handicap if you're ever delving into the meaning behind story quotes.

The best we can say is that you're persistent... that is, persistent in your quest to look like KMC's greatest retard.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 11:38 PM
Click here to Send twotter a Private Message Find more posts by twotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by twotter
Not for a long time buddy. You don't even know what third Person Limited narration is. Quite the handicap if you're ever delving into the meaning behind story quotes.

The best we can say is that you're persistent... that is, persistent in your quest to look like KMC's greatest retard.

Bud, you didn't even look at the quote I was using. using a separate part of the passage to tr and imply a previous part of the passage is under the same narration is being persistently retarded.

The quote I used was outlining everything that happened without mentioning anything about Kenobi's thoughts or feelings. That's called objective third person narration.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 11:42 PM
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Bud, you didn't even look at the quote I was using. using a separate part of the passage to tr and imply a previous part of the passage is under the same narration is being persistently retarded.

The quote I used was outlining everything that happened without mentioning anything about Kenobi's thoughts or feelings. That's called objective third person narration.

It was the same quote, with the same passage. It's third person limited with Kenobi as the eyeglass wearer.

There's no other logical explanation.

quote:
Obi-Wan heard her cry of surprise and felt her anguish rip through the Force. He shoved Maul away, moving to confront Savage, knocking him off balance as Adi fell to the ground, motionless. Maul sprang after Obi-Wan, aiming a killing blow at him from behind in hopes of catching his Jedi enemy in a moment of distraction. Obi-Wan sensed it coming and whirled with blinding speed, parrying Maul's attack. Then he jumped aside, knowing it would be a fatal mistake to be caught between two Sith. "Kenobi, this way!" someone yelled. Obi-Wan realised it was Hondo. He drew on the Force, shoving Maul and Savage aside. Adi's Lightsaber leapt into his hand as he ran for the outpost, the retreated with Hondo and his men into the safety of their lair."

- Shadow conspiracy

Go on, have another shot, and then tell me why it's from Kenobi's. Read it again and try to redeem yourself somewhat.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 12:07 AM
Click here to Send twotter a Private Message Find more posts by twotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by twotter
It was the same quote, with the same passage. It's third person limited with Kenobi as the eyeglass wearer.

There's no other logical explanation.

Additionally the perspective isn't relevant here. Regardless of whose perspective this is, Maul launches an attack that would have otherwise killed Kenobi had he not sensed it and turned.

Per SC's version of events, Maul tried to kill Kenobi.

Go on, have another shot, and then tell me why it's from Kenobi's. Read it again and try to redeem yourself somewhat.

Bro, Kenobi feeling Galia's anguish is from a separate paragraph.

It reads like:

quote:
Nearby, Savage and Adi faced each other across the X of their crossed sabers. Teeth gritted, Savage rained blows down on the slim Jedi, roaring as he tried to crash through her defences. Little by little Adi fell back, all her skill no match for his enormous strength. Drawing on the Force, Savage hurled Adi into the side of a shuttle, leaving her momentarily stunned. Before she could recover, he lowered his head and charged, ramming his head horns deeply into her body and snapping her head back. Adi gasped and her hands shook. Obi-Wan heard her cry of surprise and felt her anguish rip through the Force. He shoved Maul away, moving to confront Savage, knocking him off balance as Adi fell to the ground, motionless.

Then we get:
quote:
Maul sprang after Obi-Wan, aiming a killing blow at him from behind in hopes of catching his Jedi enemy in a moment of distraction. Obi-Wan sensed it coming and whirled with blinding speed, parrying Maul's attack. Then he jumped aside, knowing it would be a fatal mistake to be caught between two Sith. "Kenobi, this way!" someone yelled. Obi-Wan realised it was Hondo. He drew on the Force, shoving Maul and Savage aside. Adi's Lightsaber leapt into his hand as he ran for the outpost, the retreated with Hondo and his men into the safety of their lair."

This isn't excluding Maul's perspective, When Maul acts, it details Maul's specific intention and thinking.

Much like in the same paragraph we see Kenobi hearing Galia's anguish, we also get both Gallia and Oppress's perspectives.

This isn't exclusively from Kenobi's perspective here.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 12:34 AM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 12:31 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Azronger
Lol

Don't tempt me to stop your reign of terror, Son. I will start with debunking your essay for Palpatine first...

Remember the fate of an ancient Sheevite Lightsnake.

"You stand argue there here because I allow it. Because I do not fear."

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Aug 28th, 2017 at 02:57 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 02:49 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Dark Knight

The only career LeGenD could and should end is his own.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 03:20 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Vanguard of the Sheevites

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Don't tempt me to stop your reign of terror, Son. I will start with debunking your essay for Palpatine first...

Remember the fate of an ancient Sheevite Lightsnake.

"You stand argue there here because I allow it. Because I do not fear."

Lol

"Go worth, my child, and impale your enemies with the banner of Sheev." - The_Tempest, Grand Vizier to His Imperial Majesty Sheev Palpatine

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 03:31 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by MythLord
The only career LeGenD could and should end is his own.

mad

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 03:35 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn_solo
Da Divine King

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Don't tempt me to stop your reign of terror, Son. I will start with debunking your essay for Palpatine first....[/I]

do it.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Deronn_solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn_solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Vanguard of the Sheevites

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
do it.

He's been claiming he'll do it ever since it was released, meaning a few months ago. I honestly doubt he'll get anywhere.

"Go worth, my child, and impale your enemies with the banner of Sheev." - The_Tempest, Grand Vizier to His Imperial Majesty Sheev Palpatine

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote