KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ironfist vs. Mjolnir

Ironfist vs. Mjolnir
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Annnd he's back. Just gotta have the last word in huh? Uh uh. Nossirrreee.

1) Lol. That's not what I want you to accept. I want you to admit that your 5-10 ton "best guess" was utterly wrong and had absolutely no basis in evidence. You kept insisting it and even now won't admit that you made an error, instead choosing to move the goalposts and try to make ppl forget that this all started with your 5-10 tons "best guess" BS.

2) Prove it was smaller. Show me screenshots and timestamped vids where parts of it were NOT offscreen. Not just you insisting over and over again, as nobody believes you.

While you're at it, prove that this so-called "smaller version" you keep harping about is factually 5-10 tons. I want calcs and types of rocks (with pics) identical to the one Kurse threw that fit within that estimate. Stop speculating, provide proof.

This is how deep of a hole you dug yourself in. Even if you prove one, you need to prove both, or you are still oh so wrong.

So go ahead, do the work, I'll wait.

3) Lol "common sense". This is what you do when you know you have nothing. You just go "but common sense! duhhh". Pffphtt.

You were being disingenuous providing materials that I did not ask for (I said SOLID material, reread what I requested) and that had nothing to do with we were discussing. Unless you are an absolute moron (w/c I don't believe you are, as I've met actual morons and you don't sound like one, tbh), it was pretty damned obvious I was asking for materials that would weigh 5-10 tons within that volume and that constituted that rock Kurse threw since we were discussing the rock being 5-10 tons and nothing else. Don't whine when, the fact is, you tried to be "clever" only to have it humiliatingly backfire. You rolled the dice, don't whine when it didn't land in your favor.

1. Harping on this is derailing the thread.

2. I gave the scene and time stamp. Did you bother to check it out? If not then I'll give it again, a little later.

I wasn't referring to the scene where Kurse threw the boulder in my less than 10 ton estimate. It was in the initial scene where he started to lift it. Also, its makeup is a HUGE part of the estimate. Can you honestly say that the boulder Kurse picked up resembles 100% solid rock? Or did it remember something lighter?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 02:53 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by h1a8
1. Harping on this is derailing the thread.

2. I gave the scene and time stamp. Did you bother to check it out? If not then I'll give it again, a little later.

3. I wasn't referring to the scene where Kurse threw the boulder in my less than 10 ton estimate. It was in the initial scene where he started to lift it. Also, its makeup is a HUGE part of the estimate. Can you honestly say that the boulder Kurse picked up resembles 100% solid rock? Or did it remember something lighter?

1. Proof you would never admit to being wrong even when completely caught. Now you're just trying to make it go away. Will use this as reference in the future when you start harping about your so-called "honest". FYI, this whole debating over the weight of the rock (w/c you aggravated with your bad guessing), it's what is derailing the thread. Not me calling you out on your BS.

2. Read what I asked for again (since it doesn't look like you understood it) and come back.

3. BS. Either come up with a basis of the 5 ton guess (bear in mind you said your "best guess" was less than 5 tons) using actual quantifications or STFU and stop trying to move the goalposts.

Last edited by Nibedicus on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 03:07 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 03:04 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Mjolnir gets this one.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 04:09 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Either you guys are pretty dumb or you just trolling at this point.

1. I'll accept the intention of the writer that the boulder WAS MEANT to be made of solid rock and give the weigh of 150-200 tons. So any other discussion is derailing the thread and is considered flaming.

WOW, you'll accept what the movie actually shows. how very generous of you. Now just admit that your guess of 5-10 tons was just you trying to massively downplay the feat.

quote:
2. In the scene Kurse first lifted it, the boulder was indeed smaller than the one in the scene where he is seen throwing it.

The entire boulder was shown both before and after Kurse lifted it, it was clearly shown to be very large.

quote:
3. It's common sense that the make up of the boulder appears to be a much lighter material than actual solid rock. It could have been part ash, part dirt, part decayed materials, etc. Or it could have been somewhat porous, not completely solid.

It's only "common sense" to massive biased people that are trying their best to downplay the feat.

quote:
In an attempt to flame me, Nibedicus asked me what material could give a weigh of less than 10 tons. I responded, "feathers, foam, ash, etc." I wasn't referring to the possible makeup of the boulder, just answering the question. He knows this. And chose to quote the response without the question.

Yes, you were.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Last edited by Silent Master on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 07:09 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 06:57 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
WOW, you'll accept what the movie actually shows. how very generous of you. Now just admit that your guess of 5-10 tons was just you trying to massively downplay the feat.

The entire boulder was shown both before and after Kurse lifted it, it was clearly shown to be very large.

It's only "common sense" to massive biased people that are trying their best to downplay the feat.

Yes, you were.

My less than 10 ton estimate came specifically from that scene. Not the scene before or after.

If the boulder appeared to be solid rock then there is no way I would put its weight that low.

So I thought the boulder was actually made of feathers and foam? Really?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:21 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

My less than 10 ton estimate came specifically from that scene. Not the scene before or after.

IOW, you picked the part where the boulder looked the smallest to you in order to lowball the feat. even though you knew the entire boulder was shown both before and after those few seconds to be much larger.

Basically, you just admitted to trolling.

quote:
If the boulder appeared to be solid rock then there is no way I would put its weight that low.

You're the only one that thinks it looked "light-weight" and to be honest, you're massively biased.

quote:
So I thought the boulder was actually made of feathers and foam? Really?

It fits your argument.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:29 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

IOW, you picked the part where the boulder looked the smallest to you in order to lowball the feat. even though you knew the entire boulder was shown both before and after those few seconds to be much larger.

Basically, you just admitted to trolling.

You're the only one that thinks it looked "light-weight" and to be honest, you're massively biased.

It fits your argument.

I didn't remember the scene before Tbh. I re-watched it and realized it was there before he struck it.

I disagree. I believe most of you feel that the Boulder appears softer than real rock and the special effects was mediocre.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 12:28 AM
Silent Master

I didn't remember the scene before Tbh. I re-watched it and realized it was there before he struck it.

Only you continued to use the same argument even after you posted a video clip showing that the boulder was quite large. Nobody is buying your faulty memory excuse, you purposely ignored the parts of your own clip that proved how large the boulder was.

The common term for your actions is trolling.

quote:
I disagree. I believe most of you feel that the Boulder appears softer than real rock and the special effects was mediocre.

Well, you're wrong. You are the only one that holds that opinion, but feel free to prove me wrong by giving me the names of the posters that agree with you.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 12:38 AM
h1a8

Only you continued to use the same argument even after you posted a video clip showing that the boulder was quite large. Nobody is buying your faulty memory excuse, you purposely ignored the parts of your own clip that proved how large the boulder was.

The common term for your actions is trolling.

Well, you're wrong. You are the only one that holds that opinion, but feel free to prove me wrong by giving me the names of the posters that agree with you.

What are you talking about? I posted the clip AFTER my mind was already made up. I just used the clip to show everyone that the size of the boulder changed. And that the material doesn't look like solid rock.

Doesn't matter as only an idiot would think it appears to be solid rock. Forgive me for thinking that most here aren't idiots.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 03:04 AM
Silent Master

What are you talking about? I posted the clip AFTER my mind was already made up. I just used the clip to show everyone that the size of the boulder changed.

Doesn't matter as only an idiot would think it appears to be solid rock. Forgive me for thinking that most here aren't idiots.

In other words, you're saying that since your mind was made up you felt it was okay to completely ignore what the clip you posted actually showed. We have a term for that.

You're the one that completely ignored what the clip actually showed, or do we need to point out for the 900 millionth time that the clip you posted actually showed that the boulder was far larger than you claimed.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 03:10 AM
Silent Master

Has anyone else noticed H1's massive double standard? in that he is using what he thinks the boulder looks like after Kurse damaged it as the basis for saying it's not solid. Whereas in the Bane thread he complained that we used what the column looked like after it was damaged.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 04:04 AM
h1a8

Doesn't matter as I was honest. The boulder 2nd boulder appears under 10 tons and the later boulder appears under 50 tons.

I don't accept the 150-200 ton range anymore. Your fault. The boulder simply doesn't look like solid rock and I'm not sure if the writer meant for it to be. Thus the feat was garbage.

In the Bane feat, the column was real and got switched out (the rag doll effect).

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:55 AM
Silent Master

Only you weren't honest, the very clip you posted proves the boulder was far larger than your claim. As for your massively biased opinion in regards to its weight. Prove it.

Edit: by the way did anyone else notice how he said it's my fault that he doesn't accept the 150 to 200 ton weight anymore. In other words, he just admitted that he doesn't base his opinions on facts he bases them on emotion.

Last edited by Silent Master on Sep 24th, 2017 at 06:08 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 06:04 AM
h1a8

Only you weren't honest, the very clip you posted proves the boulder was far larger than your claim. As for your massively biased opinion in regards to its weight. Prove it.

Edit: by the way did anyone else notice how he said it's my fault that he doesn't accept the 150 to 200 ton weight anymore. In other words, he just admitted that he doesn't base his opinions on facts he bases them on emotion.

I literally believed the boulder was less than 10 tons. Wasn't trying to lie and say it was when I really think differently.

I actually was trying to conform to something that I don't believe in. You made me stand my ground. It's not based off emotion, but the truth. The truth is the most important thing here.

And if you honestly believe that the Boulder appears to be a real solid rock boulder equal in density as Kings picture then you are very dumb. That's a fact.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 06:14 AM
Silent Master

Of course you were trying to lie, otherwise you would have admitted you were wrong when you posted the clip that literally proved you wrong.

No, you got all butt-hurt and decided to throw out facts in favor of your emotion based opinion.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 06:18 AM
h1a8

Of course you were trying to lie, otherwise you would have admitted you were wrong when you posted the clip that literally proved you wrong.

No, you got all butt-hurt and decided to throw out facts in favor of your emotion based opinion.

Agree to disagree.

Naw. The boulder is less than 60 tons because its much lighter than rock.

Not a good feat. IF knocks Mjolnir out of the air almost as easily.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 06:26 AM
Silent Master

I'll agree that you posted a clip that actually proved you wrong and yet you still continued to argue that you were right.

Prove it.

No he doesn't.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 06:28 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Has anyone else noticed H1's massive double standard? in that he is using what he thinks the boulder looks like after Kurse damaged it as the basis for saying it's not solid. Whereas in the Bane thread he complained that we used what the column looked like after it was damaged.

I think everybody notices that. Loooong before this thread.

Gonna keep this thread in mind the next time he goes on his "fake expertise" rants.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 06:54 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

H1 starts with a conclusion and then twists all evidence he sees until he is convinced it actually proves him right.

IMO, If h1 actually wanted IF to lose he would be talking about how that boulder was obviously meant to be 100 times denser than normal rock and judging by the ease that it was thrown, Kurse is obviously in the hundred thousand ton strength range.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 07:24 AM
h1a8

How much force does it take to knock Mjolnir out of the air? Give a range. If such a range isn't known then it's faulty to argue that IF can't do it.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:19 PM