KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ironfist vs. Mjolnir

Ironfist vs. Mjolnir
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Breaking a regular sword means the Iron Fist is >>>> Mjolnir? What?
If knocking Mjolnir out the air means
>>>>>>Mjolnir then yes IF is that.

But I definitely don't think knocking something out of the air means >>>>>.
But destroying something definitely means >>>>>.

Also, it's HOW you do something, not the fact that you do it. The way IF broke the sword proves that he can EASILY knock Mjolnir out of the air.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 07:50 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8

Also, it's HOW you do something, not the fact that you do it. The way IF broke the sword proves that he can EASILY knock Mjolnir out of the air.

How does breaking a regular sword prove anything?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 09:07 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

What are you even saying here?

How does breaking a sword and sending Black Sky flying back even worth bringing up against Mjolnir?

Almost a decade later and you're still just as illogical. Points for consistency though.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 09:27 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nevan

Originally posted by h1a8 Also, it's HOW you do something, not the fact that you do it. The way IF broke the sword proves that he can EASILY knock Mjolnir out of the air. [/B]
I'm gonna need you to elaborate here, why is IF breaking a sword the way he did so impressive that it allows him to knock aside Mjolnir?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 03:10 AM
Nevan is currently offline Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Find more posts by Nevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Nevan
I'm gonna need you to elaborate here, why is IF breaking a sword the way he did so impressive that it allows him to knock aside Mjolnir?

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What are you even saying here?

How does breaking a sword and sending Black Sky flying back even worth bringing up against Mjolnir?

Almost a decade later and you're still just as illogical. Points for consistency though.

It's HOW the sword was broken.

First, That was a very high quality tempered katana.

Second, Pressure = Force / Area

Since the point of the blade was sharp, it had a very small area. So when Danny struck it, there was tremendous pressure on his fists. He broke the sword into many pieces as if he was striking air (there was no loss of momentum). Breaking something into multiple pieces (more than 10) takes at least an order of magnitude more force than breaking it into two pieces. Also, this sent Elektra flying through the door.

Mjolnir has the a cross sectional area of more than a thousand times that of the point or edge of the sword's blade. This means Mjolnir needs more than a thousand times more force just to equal a swords blade in Pressure. Elektra flew through a door. Multiply the force to do that by over a thousand.

Last edited by h1a8 on Aug 27th, 2017 at 04:02 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 04:00 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nolaughing out loud

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 04:25 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We have been given no reason to assume the enchantment stops working if it is in the air.

Query: Thor tosses the hammer up a few feet into the air and lets it drop down. Could a normal person standing right beside Thor catch the hammer before it hits the ground?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 04:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Surtur
We have been given no reason to assume the enchantment stops working if it is in the air.

Query: Thor tosses the hammer up a few feet into the air and lets it drop down. Could a normal person standing right beside Thor catch the hammer before it hits the ground?

The enchantment only works when someone is trying to wield Mjolnir. Kurse easily knocked it away. If Kurse tried to grab it then he would have failed. Unless you think Kurse can lift Mjolnir without being worthy.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 10:45 PM
Silent Master

Where is the proof that breaking a sword requires the same or more force as what is needed to knock Mjolnir out of the air?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 10:47 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Where is the proof that breaking a sword requires the same or more force as what is needed to knock Mjolnir out of the air?

It's HOW the sword was broken.

First, That was a very high quality tempered katana.

Second, Pressure = Force / Area

Since the point of the blade was sharp, it had a very small area. So when Danny struck it, there was tremendous pressure on his fists. He broke the sword into many pieces as if he was striking air (there was no loss of momentum). Breaking something into multiple pieces (more than 10) takes at least an order of magnitude more force than breaking it into two pieces. Also, this sent Elektra flying through the door.

Mjolnir has the a cross sectional area of more than a thousand times that of the point or edge of the sword's blade. This means Mjolnir needs more than a thousand times more force just to equal a swords blade in Pressure. Elektra flew through a door. Multiply the force to do that by over a thousand.

Mjolnir throw never produced a force above a thousand times the force that sent Elektra through the door.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 10:50 PM
Silent Master

Sure it did, you might want to actually watch the movies.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 10:55 PM
h1a8

Sure it did, you might want to actually watch the movies.

You mean, "re-watch" the movies.
If you believe there is a scene where a Mjolnir throw produced a force above a thousand times that force of delivering Elektra through that door then list it.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 11:00 PM
Silent Master

No, I mean watch the movies for the first time.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 11:10 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The enchantment only works when someone is trying to wield Mjolnir. Kurse easily knocked it away. If Kurse tried to grab it then he would have failed. Unless you think Kurse can lift Mjolnir without being worthy.

So again, can a normal person catch the hammer if Thor tosses it up into the air and lets it drop? Or heck forget tossing it. Say a person puts both their arms out ready to catch it, Thor holds the hammer about a foot higher than their arms and merely lets go.

What happens?

You say the enchantment only works when someone is trying to wield it, lol...what? If that were truly then SHIELD would have been able to move the hammer using technology(like a crane) as opposed to having to build a temporary base around the thing.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 28th, 2017 at 01:12 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 01:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K-Dog

Will the hammer stop at the first inanimate object it encounters? Like landing on a coffee table? Thor did hang the hammer on a hat rack at one point. But then again, it was him that put it there. Obviously if he drops it in a multi floor building, it's not going to crash all the way through to the bottom floor until it hits the ground. It could get kind of tricky. If Thor puts the hammer in the back of someone's car, can they drive off with it? Could I move it by throwing a Nother heavy object at it and striking it? I never actually physically touched it. How did vision pick it up so easily? Was it because he was not a biological being?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 06:58 PM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by K-Dog
Will the hammer stop at the first inanimate object it encounters? Like landing on a coffee table? Thor did hang the hammer on a hat rack at one point. But then again, it was him that put it there. Obviously if he drops it in a multi floor building, it's not going to crash all the way through to the bottom floor until it hits the ground. It could get kind of tricky. If Thor puts the hammer in the back of someone's car, can they drive off with it? Could I move it by throwing a Nother heavy object at it and striking it? I never actually physically touched it. How did vision pick it up so easily? Was it because he was not a biological being?

This is reminiscent of Cap and Tony's conversation in Age of Ultron about the elevator and Mjolnir.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 07:10 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Live action Iron Fist is Netflix's Iron Spider suit.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 09:53 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

No, I mean watch the movies for the first time.
You just love trolling don't you?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 12:48 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by Surtur
So again, can a normal person catch the hammer if Thor tosses it up into the air and lets it drop? Or heck forget tossing it. Say a person puts both their arms out ready to catch it, Thor holds the hammer about a foot higher than their arms and merely lets go.

What happens?

You say the enchantment only works when someone is trying to wield it, lol...what? If that were truly then SHIELD would have been able to move the hammer using technology(like a crane) as opposed to having to build a temporary base around the thing.
Using cranes, etc. was attempting to wield it.

Due to Kurse being able to bat it away then we have 3 possibilities.

1. Kurse can lift Mjolnir off the ground while being unworthy
2. Striking or grabbing Mjolnir out of the air doesn't have the same effect as lifting it.
3. Movies are sometimes inconsistent and have contradictory showings.

In support of 2, QS, in Age of Ultron, drastically slowed Mjolnir and made it fall down the moment he tried to grab it in the air. If QS wouldn't have grabbed it then it would have went straight and hit the wall (it wouldn't have dropped vertically downward while going forward).

The same thing happened when Hulk tried to catch it. Mjolnir fell straight to the ground. Unless you want to say that Thor threw it so softly as to travel only 30-50 feet before hitting the ground.

1. Is the least likely of them all.

Last edited by h1a8 on Aug 29th, 2017 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 12:54 AM
Silent Master

You just love trolling don't you?

I believe you mean, telling the truth.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 01:08 AM