KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ironfist vs. Mjolnir

Ironfist vs. Mjolnir
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
I believe you mean, telling the truth.
If you actually believe I didn't watch the movie, then kill yourself, because you are dumb as shit. I would bet a thousands dollars to a dime that every REGULAR member here saw the movie.

I debate on a comic vs. forum for crying out loud. That's extreme don't you think?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 01:20 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
If you actually believe I didn't watch the movie, then kill yourself, because you are dumb as shit. I would bet a thousands dollars to a dime that every REGULAR member here saw the movie.

I debate on a comic vs. forum for crying out loud. That's extreme don't you think?

You know what else every regular member of this board has done? They've corrected you multiple times in regards to what happened during these movies.

If you have actually seen these movies, why do you have to be corrected so often?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 02:00 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

You know what else every regular member of this board has done? They've corrected you multiple times in regards to what happened during these movies.

If you have actually seen these movies, why do you have to be corrected so often?
Because I don't watch these movies but ONCE (at the theater). I don't comb movies multiple times for feats to argue. I just go off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure that if I did carefully comb these movies for feats then I would never be mistaken.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 03:30 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Because I don't watch these movies but ONCE (at the theater). I don't comb movies multiple times for feats to argue. I just go off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure that if I did carefully comb these movies for feats then I would never be mistaken.

If you had only been corrected once or twice about small details I might believe you, however you've been corrected in almost every thread you've participated in. IIRC, you have even been corrected on major plot points.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 03:59 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

If you had only been corrected once or twice about small details I might believe you, however you've been corrected in almost every thread you've participated in. IIRC, you have even been corrected on major plot points.
You are exaggerating. I'm hardly ever corrected. You are mistaking the times I'm am actually correct and others are wrong. I'm hardly ever, if ever, wrong on major plot points.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 04:01 AM
Silent Master

Okay then prove me wrong, post the examples of people being wrong when they try and correct you.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 04:03 AM
h1a8

Okay then prove me wrong, post the examples of people being wrong when they try and correct you.
The burden is on you.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 04:06 PM
Silent Master

The burden is on you.

No, it's not. by claiming that "You are mistaking the times I'm am actually correct and others are wrong" you have stipulated that the examples I'm talking about actually exist and that their purpose was to correct you. You're just claiming that they failed.

Thus the burden is on you. That is how debates work.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 04:15 PM
h1a8

No, it's not. by claiming that "You are mistaking the times I'm am actually correct and others are wrong" you have stipulated that the examples I'm talking about actually exist and that their purpose was to correct you. You're just claiming that they failed.

My claim is a counter to your claim. You are the one who initially said that I am corrected in almost every thread I participated in. And I have been corrected on major plot points.

I basically disagreed, and you are asking me to prove it.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 11:24 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shut up you liar

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 11:29 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Sable
Shut up you liar
I already cleared up the notion of you thinking I'm lying. Did you read the post?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 11:34 PM
Silent Master

My claim is a counter to your claim. You are the one who initially said that I am corrected in almost every thread I participated in. And I have been corrected on major plot points.

I basically disagreed, and you are asking me to prove it.

You have stipulated that my examples exist, you're just claiming that they prove the opposite of what I'm claiming, that means the burden is now on you.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 05:01 AM
h1a8

You have stipulated that my examples exist, you're just claiming that they prove the opposite of what I'm claiming, that means the burden is now on you.
You never gave examples. I said the opposite, I said that what you said is false.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 09:58 PM
Silent Master

You never gave examples. I said the opposite, I said that what you said is false.

Like I said earlier, by claiming that "You are mistaking the times I'm am actually correct and others are wrong" you have stipulated that the examples I'm talking about actually exist and that their purpose was to correct you. You're just claiming that they failed.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 11:25 PM
h1a8

Like I said earlier, by claiming that "You are mistaking the times I'm am actually correct and others are wrong" you have stipulated that the examples I'm talking about actually exist and that their purpose was to correct you. You're just claiming that they failed.

My words are basically saying that you ARE WRONG. The opposite of what you are saying is true. Do you understand English?

You made claims about me, I said you are wrong. In what universe does the burden lie on me?

Regardless, the burden is on you to prove your initial claims anyway. What I claimed AFTER is irrelevant. Chronological order.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 11:18 AM
Silent Master

You're saying that I'm wrong about what the examples prove, which means you've stipulated that the examples exist and you're aware of what they contain. thus my burden has been meet. you know have to prove that your counter-claim is correct.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 07:42 PM
K-Dog

Just finished watching the defenders series on Netflix last night. Iron Fist collided with Madame GAO and not only overpowered her and knocked her back, but the shock wave knocked several surrounding bad guys back several feet. She had previously been shown as able to push cars across a street with her telekinesis or Chi push. So I'm going to roughly estimate that he could knock two or three cars across a street with a maximum iron fist punch. However, there's no way I would bet on him over Thors hammer after a tossed by Thor. In the first Thor movie, and that hammered knock down I think it was 10 Frost Giants in a row without slowing down. We've never seen it go through a mountain or go through a large amount of concrete and steel, or anything like that, so we don't know the limits, but there's no way I would but Iron Fisr over it.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 07:50 PM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

You're saying that I'm wrong about what the examples prove, which means you've stipulated that the examples exist and you're aware of what they contain. thus my burden has been meet. you know have to prove that your counter-claim is correct.

Examples of what? You didn't give any examples. Do you even know what "examples" mean? Everything you claimed I stated was false.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 03:57 AM
Silent Master

I've already explained why the burden is now on you, try reading people's posts before commenting on them.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 04:20 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Using cranes, etc. was attempting to wield it.

Due to Kurse being able to bat it away then we have 3 possibilities.

1. Kurse can lift Mjolnir off the ground while being unworthy
2. Striking or grabbing Mjolnir out of the air doesn't have the same effect as lifting it.
3. Movies are sometimes inconsistent and have contradictory showings.

In support of 2, QS, in Age of Ultron, drastically slowed Mjolnir and made it fall down the moment he tried to grab it in the air. If QS wouldn't have grabbed it then it would have went straight and hit the wall (it wouldn't have dropped vertically downward while going forward).

The same thing happened when Hulk tried to catch it. Mjolnir fell straight to the ground. Unless you want to say that Thor threw it so softly as to travel only 30-50 feet before hitting the ground.

1. Is the least likely of them all.

Lol...what? So again: could a normal person catch the hammer if Thor decides to drop it into their arms. Yes or no?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 03:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote