KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ironfist vs. Mjolnir

Ironfist vs. Mjolnir
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by K-Dog
Just finished watching the defenders series on Netflix last night. Iron Fist collided with Madame GAO and not only overpowered her and knocked her back, but the shock wave knocked several surrounding bad guys back several feet. She had previously been shown as able to push cars across a street with her telekinesis or Chi push. So I'm going to roughly estimate that he could knock two or three cars across a street with a maximum iron fist punch. However, there's no way I would bet on him over Thors hammer after a tossed by Thor. In the first Thor movie, and that hammered knock down I think it was 10 Frost Giants in a row without slowing down. We've never seen it go through a mountain or go through a large amount of concrete and steel, or anything like that, so we don't know the limits, but there's no way I would but Iron Fisr over it.

And Thor's own strength is just leagues beyond all the Defenders combined. Go to around 3:20 and look at the effect Thors strike has on the surrounding forest.

Also yep Thor just tried to murder Captain America, that rascal.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 03:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
I've already explained why the burden is now on you, try reading people's posts before commenting on them.

I've already explained why the burden is now on you, try reading people's posts before commenting on them.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 08:25 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol...what? So again: could a normal person catch the hammer if Thor decides to drop it into their arms. Yes or no?

No. They can't stop it from falling. But they can slow it down from moving forward.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 08:26 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8

I've already explained why you're wrong.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 09:54 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

This is the exchange.

If you had only been corrected once or twice about small details I might believe you, however you've been corrected in almost every thread you've participated in. IIRC, you have even been corrected on major plot points.

You are exaggerating. I'm hardly ever corrected. You are mistaking the times I'm am actually correct and others are wrong. I'm hardly ever, if ever, wrong on major plot points.

Okay then prove me wrong, post the examples of people being wrong when they try and correct you.

In summary, you claimed that I been corrected in almost every thread. This is false. You must prove it.

This claim came before my claim there were times I was correct and others were wrong.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 05:45 AM
Silent Master

See previous post.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 05:53 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

So you understood that you claimed I was corrected in almost every thread, and also on major plot points? Before any claim I made? Good!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 02:42 PM
Silent Master

See above

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 06:19 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Joke thread.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 08:53 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

BTW, since I know that h1 will ignore my explanation, I'll go ahead and mention an example. Darth Thor had to correct him on the time it takes Thor to generate lightning.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 09:15 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

He can do it quickly.

See him taking out several Loki's at once in Thor 1.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 09:25 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

H1 has also been corrected multiple times in Bane threads.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 09:28 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this be simple... Danny powers up his Iron Fist, then connects with Mjolnir which would equal a broken hand, arm, fist for Rand...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 09:51 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this be simple... Danny powers up his Iron Fist, then connects with Mjolnir which would equal a broken hand, arm, fist for Rand...

It's HOW the sword was broken.

First, That was a very high quality tempered katana.

Second, Pressure = Force / Area

Since the point of the blade was sharp, it had a very small area. So when Danny struck it, there was tremendous pressure on his fists. He broke the sword into many pieces as if he was striking air (there was no loss of momentum). Breaking something into multiple pieces (more than 10) takes at least an order of magnitude more force than breaking it into two pieces. Also, this sent Elektra flying through the door.

Mjolnir has the a cross sectional area of more than a thousand times that of the point or edge of the sword's blade. This means Mjolnir needs more than a thousand times more force just to equal a swords blade in Pressure. Elektra flew through a door. Multiply the force to do that by over a thousand.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 12:49 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

hahaha..

thanks for the laughs.. the oly thing that seems to break mjolnir is Hela... so thanks again for the laughs,,, hahahahahahaha

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 04:44 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. They can't stop it from falling. But they can slow it down from moving forward.

So the enchantment is weakened, but not fully gone in these instances? Lol..okay.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 03:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by playa1258
Joke thread.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:02 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

This. thumb up I don't how this thread has gone on for this many pages TBH, there's no argument to be made for Danny.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 07:00 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
This. thumb up I don't how this thread has gone on for this many pages TBH, there's no argument to be made for Danny.
I already proved that he can knock Mjolnir out of the air. Please stop trolling.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 02:42 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I already proved that he can knock Mjolnir out of the air. Please stop trolling.

lol

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 02:55 AM